WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,502 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP
    Bonus: made feast, boiled down carcass into broth, pickings into freezer for dogs.
    Just one thing:
    26: Try out a different radio station or TV show. Ok have been listening to KSLUG and KHUM more and KURY less.

Just skimmin’, too tired even to tote up the CI>CO for the day.

Welcome @klou6! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? Oh and puppy pics are always welcome ;)
    KJ, misting up at your thoughtfulness. Well done! As a child of the ‘50’s, when I see “Nottingham” I hear this: https://youtu.be/RIqM_Ku1uhc?t=20
    Allie hope your pain eases so you can enjoy the rest of your trip.

Lighter, lovelies!x5wfpig91dx2.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Limp, stringy, not crunchy. Note to self: do NOT buy frozen asparagus unless you plan to puree into cream of asparagus soup. :laugh: :sick: :laugh: hbd559ky69gl.gif
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I love vegetables, but one thing I don't like is frozen asparagus. Learned the hard way. Sorry this happened to you

Michele
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    KJ -what a wonderful thing you did for that family! Then again, it's something I've learned you would do. Pinocchio will go by the pool.

Jess made a turkey meatloaf with pasta salad and some of the corn on the cob I brought. Tried some of the sourdoughbread I brought along with the banana bread Jess made. Just had an apple.

Had to change rooms because there were tiny ants in the bathroom.

Michele in Iowa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    Yyyyy
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! Had a good day with family. I am thankful for them and for allof you.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Hope all your Thanksgivings went well. <3<3<3 Love to you.

I was awake early this morning, searching for leggings to go with Edie's gorgeous sparkly t shirt. Found some black velvet ones with glitter! Phew!
    Just a fun extra to get now for the girls. Might go up to the art shop round the corner.
    No idea about Max. I will ask his mum. He might be old enough to prefer money and an extra. :*

I had that 'difficult' conversation with DSIL last night about Christmas presents. Unfortunately, she has already bought mine. I thanked her, but did not say I would reciprocate. DH will put together a package of edibles and potables for her and put my name alongside his.
    The reason why she is so attached to present giving came out last night. She said her parents had never given them Christmas presents and her only grandmother used to give them money and then take it back!

We have decided that DH will make our favourite Hairy Bikers Lancashire Hotpot for Christmas lunch. It has black pudding and kidneys as well as the usual lamb. It will be wonderful when we come back from the beach. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    Allie: Sleep well, and enjoy the rest of your trip.
    Tracey: 😍 Mr &a Mrs Claus
    Heather: Ah! The thorny question of Christmas gifts! It's interesting what your DDiL said. I just realised that that could be why I love getting gifts so much. However, I am not that child any longer. DH and I made a pact last night that we would not buy any gifts for each other. We have had that difficult talk with our family in the past, and mostly do small token tree presents.

Love from ☘️ Terri (up to her knees in card making materials 😂)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well for me i made a late night of it ,Doris and I stayed up and watched Home Alone 1 and 2,both were cute and we got a few chuckles but on regular TV ,Oy the commercials and now with Christmas coming..oh its rediculous..
    I slept ok ,not great but ok.. even thought its supposed to rain all day today we will still take our ride..and enjoy the day..,i have to find a place to put some air in my tire i think i have a sliw leak and there brand new tires grrrr
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :) I called yesterday and found that I have been dismissed from further jury service but the groups who didn't come in last week have to report on Monday so it seems that there is another trial coming up. One of the things that made me happy is that I'll be able to dance with my friend this morning, but she contacted me that she has made plans with her daughter instead. I will dance by myself. Jake may be going out with his friend to get firewood (buy some, not chop it).

:) I finished my sewing project (putting a pocket on Jake's new pajama pants so he can carry his pedometer). It sounded so easy to shorten the pants and use the excess fabric to make a pocket, but there was a lot of ironing, sewing, measuring, basting, pinning, etc. I'd forgotten how complex sewing was but we were both delighted at the finished product.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Allie- See if you can find a hardware or automotive store open and get a can of that leak sealant. It will temporarily seal small leaks in your tire. Most of it you put it into your tire (through the air valve). That should get you through the rest of your trip. When you get home, take your car back to where they put the tires on. If you still have the paperwork, your tires might be under warranty. Many tire places will replace the tire with the slow leak for free. Enjoy the rest of your week! KJ
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am sitting beside my son and enjoying the morning. We seem to be the only ones awake so far.

I am still having challenges logging in. I’m pleased to be able to touch bases this morning.

Katla - visiting with family in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie – I appreciate this new month and it is almost time for December. Traveling has made staying caught up a challenge, and that is an understatement. I am NOT a seasoned traveler. The next step is December, and it is only four days away.

Katla -Enjoying the visit with our son & family in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    Zzzzzz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Good morning again ,well I took a bath I love taking baths but I havent taken one since my surgery and my leg muscles are not in shape i got out of the tub but with difficulty.. will be working on that at the gym when i get home...
    But boy did it feel good to soak for a little bit..
    Doris is in a Dollar tree and Im out in the car waiting, next month things go up to 1.25 so it cant really be considered Dollar tree anymore..but I love to let her indulge.. anything she wants to do I want her to do..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Bought the girls black art paper pads and gold and silver pens. Done!
    Texted DDIL. She suggested I buy Max the boardgame Risk which he loved when he came over. :D Some money to go with it and an arty extra. Nearly done!
    Phew!

I spent the morning on Amazon. DH and I are still doing Santa presents, so I bought him a beany Christmas hat with HO HO HO on it and LED flashing lights. Great for the beach on Christmas Day.
    Stocked up on the stuff I need for the kids' Christmas Eve lunch. Going to have, for dessert, a chocolate dip for fruit with sprinkles . :p:p

Now, .......RELAX......

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Allie--Your trip sounds wonderful. Just enjoying the time and doing what you want.

Katla--Glad you are having a great time with your family and the new baby. Looking forward to pictures.

KJ--What a speical thing you did for that family. It is good to let them know they are not alone. Someone cares.

Tracey--I love your Mr & Mrs Claus.

I am working short day today since a lot of the offices are closed so do not need 2 people. It is to be 65 today so thinking I may try and get some Christmas things put up outside. Going to downsize on what we put out so will have to go through stuff, but I want to put somethings out. I got some solar lights I want to put around a couple things so do not have to run cords. Have to work tomorrow so will be glad to have another things off my list.

Had a nice Thanksgiving supper with DD and YDS last evening. Best part was I did not have to cook or clean up.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3