• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,412 Member
    Love Johnny's new hair. :D
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,086 Member
    Iiiii
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :) Lots of rain this morning so when Sasha and I came home after almost two hours of walking, we were both soaked. She got dried off with a towel and went to bed under a blanket. I stripped off all my wet clothes and sent them to the washer before taking a shower and putting on clean dry clothes. It was raining a bit for Sasha's afternoon walk and again this evening. Once I got to 11,000 steps, I decided that I had had enough.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,971 Member
    I have been reading but not doing much commenting. I will realize from others comments that I haven't totally been comprehending as I skimmed. I feel like I've missed a bunch.

Karen, I'm sorry about your brother.

Beth, what's the latest on your father?

I've decided that my metabolic reboot plan is going to be Eat More, Exercise More. To follow my plan, I had to up my metabolic workouts to 30 minutes 3 times a week plus one other day of another intense workout. I've made it this week - eaten within my boundaries, done my workouts, and gotten an average of 11,000 steps per day. This plan allows for 4 meals per day with carbs at two of those meals. This is way more doable and enjoyable for me than the 1 starchy carb per day I was doing. I'm holding steady at 189.5, but I've lost an inch in my waist. Go figure! I also tried on a shirt that was embarrassingly tight in April that actually fits perfectly now. I'm holding my weight in open hands and trying to live the healthy life. I'm averaging between 1600 and 1800 calories per day.

Katla, I'm glad you finally got it figured out. For those of us who clicked the star to find our favorites, it was a bit of a learning curve, especially using the app on a tablet or phone. It's not so hard on my desktop since the favorites box is over to the right. I have enjoyed the conversation of the many different ways folks find their way to this thread. I had no idea that clicking your picture would do it!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,704 Member
    Fun day, Navy won 17-13. Our mini weenies were delightful, and I was weird and dipped them in my caramelized onion flavored hummus!
    Watching The Christmas Carol with Sir Patrick Stewart.💖👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,469 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've been switch-tasking a lot in the past couple weeks. Some people can do that and it works for them. I prefer to get one thing done and then start the next whenever possible.

So this weekend, I'm hoping to finish a thing or two!

It took me 3 days to complete my grocery order only because I was fitting it into minutes here and minutes there. I have a feeling we're going to get a few odd things.

Ideally, I'd like to ...

- unpack from a few weekends ago
    - put away my done laundry
    - do some laundry (but that will take a while to dry so it won't likely be finished till Monday or Tuesday)
    - finish putting up my existing Christmas decorations
    - create a few more Christmas decorations - planning to get all crafty!
    - finish our beehive (although it might take a little while longer for the paint to dry)
    - finish processing and tidying up the cycling event we ran last weekend

Plus we've got 3 things to attend.

M in Oz

We've attended the 3 things. :smiley:

The one today was a beekeeping group's Christmas party. It was our first time with this group so we just wanted to be there. Next year we might be able to get together with them more often.

Then we picked up some paint and oil for the hive, to get it ready and have it looking pretty. :) Not sure when we'll paint as my husband is quite tired right now.

I've done some laundry and it's out on the line.

I'm pretty much finished the existing Christmas decorations but will get crafty this evening with more.

Still more to do, but I'm thinking about going for a long walk instead. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9

cc8efrek67vp.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,477 Member
    Yea! Not working tomorrow so the plan is to do Jillian Michaels Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD.

Spent most of the day cooking today. Made the pierogi. Just didn’t make as many since it’ll only be Vince and myself for Christmas Eve. Jess called and wants us to send her some pierogi so I’ll go to this one store where I can get dry ice. Then made crab cakes which are in the refrigerator firming up. I’ll probably freeze them for Christmas eve. Made Salsbury steak for us, a salmon loaf, and cod for us. Made rice krispie bars, some I’ll send to Jess and the rest we can have for Christmas eve. Still have to buy the haddock. Tomorrow I’ll make chocolate chip cookies, some to send to Jess and some for this one lady from the church who wants to come over to see the decorations. I’ll also make sausage cheese balls tomorrow for her and then I’ll cook and give the rest to a neighbor of mine. Every year they decorate, they didn’t this year. Every year (except last year) they have a neighborhood Christmas party. Usually by now we would have gotten the invite, but we haven’t. So I’m wondering if everything is OK. I was so busy cooking that I totally forgot to get dinner ready in order to get to church, so I didn’t go

M – good job!

Lisa – you’re sounding more and more like your old self.

Around 4 it really really came down. I couldn’t believe it. It’s stopped now, fortunately.

Heather – Edie and Johnny look so great! She certainly is one doll and Johnny isn’t bad either

katla – One thing I can’t drink is black tea. Upsets my stomach

I’m hoping that Vince will get the packages ready to be mailed Mon after bowling. Then the only package to be mailed will be the food for Jess. I’ll need to buy the dry ice first

Karen VA – prayers for your brother

Vince bought a toy and some treats for Shadow, Melanie (Denise’s cat) and probably our cats. I wrapped up the one for Shadow so that box is ready to be shipped. Oops, just remembered that I need to wrap Jessica’s box.

Allie – I can understand a little someone asking if Tracy is carrying more than one baby, but Santa Clause? That’s just plain mean

Yogurt is ready in the IP. Will drain it overnight.

Katie – woohoo!!!

Off to a shower and then bed.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,995 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,086 Member
    nejgbmy78y9p.jpeg
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,588 Member
    edited December 2021
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, made up BB&B from 12/1
    Bonus: Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s
    Just one thing:
    Do good December
    11: Buy an extra item and donate it to the food bank. Should have been easy to do at today’s Grocery Outlet Employee Appreciation event, but I forgot!
    12:

Lisa :love: your metaphor and nothing like a pb sandwich to stick it all together ;)
    Karen prayers for your brother. ((hugs))
    Pip con VERY gratulations on your jingle bell run!
    Betsy :heartbreak: for your friend. The videos of KY on TV are heartrending.
    Evelyn “…waffling between rain and pouring rain…” my window too. ;} A little ”dusting” is forecast for our neighborhood Wednesday afternoon, unusual event here.
    Kay an inch from your waist! Now THAT is a VICTORY!!!
    Michele good luck with the dry ice.

Poor dogs, no trips down the drive to the power line for two days in a row. Tomorrow I’ll pull my (big girl) rain pants up and just do it. Re-watched part of magic hand and played that game with the dogs. Had to tie up Tumble’s bangs so she could see the treats as they dropped from between my fingers. Messy but seems to catch their attention ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    rc6g4nrsfocn.gif

• Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    M
    I'll put this question out there what is or was your favorite Holiday song when you where growing up.or as an adult or both..
    Mine I think are Sleigh Ride... and White Christmas

Lots!
    Especially ...

O Holy Night
    What Child Is This
    Silent Night, especially with Peace, Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpTB3VI1xAo

M in Oz

Also ...

Beautiful Star of Bethlehem
    Still Still Still
    Gaudete
    Mele Kalikimaka
    When My Heart Finds Christmas
    Carol of the Bells
    O Come, O Come Emmanuel
    I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
    It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,822 Member
    edited December 2021
    Good morning. Just catching up.with comments 😂
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    A quick announcement! Baby Javier was born Wednesday, Dec 8. 7pounds 14 oz and 20 inches long! Everyone doing well! rqb5zrcoddy2.jpg
    0brwbionzugu.jpg

Awww… Javier is gorgeous

DrKatie: 😍 The perfectly fitting shirt.
    Kate: I fully understand the apprehension about travelling. When we went up to the city on Monday 8 Dec for my grandson's graduation I was quite apprehensive and anxious, but it wasn't quite the trial that I was expecting.
    Evie: I always find the dynamic between the siblings extremely interesting. Also the changes over the years are quite surprising. Enjoy your works party.
    Heather: I hope that you had a good sleep after your exciting adventure visiting your brother-in-law. Enjoy your visit with the grandchildren.
    Machka: Bravo on the PYRR for you both. You earned that nap.
    Lisa: I drink plain water with meals, herbal tea in the morning, decaf coffee during the day, tea after dinner, and an occasional nightcap of chai latte. It's good to know that you are feeling better. Fingers crossed that nothing interferes with your Christmas plans.
    Sue: 😍Your co-op discount.
    Allie: I love your positive attitude. Even with all you have been through, you look on the bright side.

DH is going walking with DYD and her dogs, so I have a little time to myself this morning to work on my cards. Most of them are hand delivered so there is no real rush for them, but I still have to get some of my posted ones finished, and written. I also have some crafting/painting I want to do as small personal gifts.

Love to y'all. Have a blessed Sunday.

☘️ Terri

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Thanks for good wishes on my upcoming trip, sure I’ll be fine. Had Christmas meal at son’s new house yesterday. Good food, few drinks and lots of laughs. Greatgrands there to liven up proceedings 😀 We do this every year as we normally jet off to Spain about this time. Maybe next year 👍

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,616 Member
    Went for my 5k run this morning. It was dark, damp and miserable when I set off.Then this appeared.
    1eioe6tcu56p.jpg
    Can anyone else see a heart in the light? :D
    There were also people swimming in bobble hats!!!!! :o
    r96fnyhil5hl.jpg
    It was a great run, especially as I had a wakeful night. There is light in the clouds. <3:)<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Morning ladies
    Its a rainy windy day here and if I had my way ,Id just spend the day cuddled up with Alfie
    But Trudy,Susan and Susans friend Myrna and I are going to a winery to celebrate Susan and Trudys birthdays.
    They have a bistro there so I guess we will be having lunch..but as you know I dont drink..
    For December its unusually warm at 42 degrees so maybe thats why the wind and the rain...
    I am praying for all those people that went through the horrible tornadoes, in Illinois, Kentucky and Arkansas...such devastation and right before the holidays..
    Well at least for right now ill snuggle back down with Alfie..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Ok so I got up made some cranberry orange toast and some Christmas tea,fed Alfie and watching cooking shows.. then will get myself together to go.. im not really in the mood for this but they are my friends so i will go..