Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    k7lizcyke4m5.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    My friend G had a 6 hour journey to get to Heathrow from York, by various trains. Then she had a nearly 5 hour delay on the take off!!!!! So 13 hours between leaving home and take off. To say the least, she was hugely stressed. :o<3 . She is nearly 73 and has recently had a cataract operation.
    She will arrive in Singapore about 11 this morning our time.
    What we do to see our grandchildren!!

I rang my friend L yesterday, but it went to ansaphone. I left a message of love and support, but said she didn't need to call back.

Need to wrap the grandchildren 's presents today. We aren't giving presents to anyone else. It is a huge relief, nor are we doing festive food, just the things we like. The grandchildren are having a festive lunch with us on Friday, but they don't have high standards! :p Pigs in blankets and chocolate fruit dip with sprinkles.
    I have to pick up a few things today, like cream. We found strawberries yesterday for the dip.
    A bit more salad and fresh veg needed, then we are done.
    DH is cooking the Hairy Bikers Lancashire Hotpot on Christmas Day before we go to the beach to watch the swimmers with the family. It will keep happily in the oven. It has black pudding and lambs kidneys in it, as well as the lamb. Fabulous! I have already made and frozen our half of the Chocolate Roulade.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Tracey - That's so lovely! What a beautiful picture. <3 I feel so blessed that DDIL keeps us updated with photos through WhatsApp. It's great that they thought of the perfect present for you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Rori - Love your Zoom! :D<3 It's wonderful to connect with old friends. I'm so glad you are managing to get through the 'festive' days. :o Sending hugs. Love tamales!
    I Zoom every fortnight with my old class of '67 three best friends. A highlight of my life.

My friend G, one of those friends, will be landing in around three hours in Singapore. Phew! We are all Zooming on the 30th at 10 am while she is there. Ain't technology grand! :p

After being awake for over two hours in the night, I slept in for 45 mins. Feel fine now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: dogs to powerline
    Bonus: wrapped rum balls, packed and mailed R and M’s packages, BiMart, HD, Rumiano’s, vet’s for Shadow’s rx, veg prep.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    22: Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed:

Was in such a hurry to get to the post office when they opened, didn’t even take BP or weigh in. Priorities. Did get the dogs down to the powerline when I got home, despite rain showers.

Heather “…mouths firmly shut…” wise! Thanks for the sparkly tree!
    Vicki fingers X’d for your pugs new rx. What is cardiac rehab? Will your DH be in the gym at the same time as you?
    Julie congrats on your screen free and fast day. Hope your time at the air bnb was restorative, despite the weather.
    Terri that Santa is a scamp. Our tree is up, but not decorated. That will be my project for Wednesday.
    Michele I hate it when I spill anything onto my laptop. It’s usually wine, the sugar in which carbonizes and fries the motherboard. Good thing yours was only water. Good luck!
    Barbie what you said about making gifts for those who appreciate them. Well done.
    Rori what is a “tamalada”? :love: the smiles. Sending vibes of rest, you’ll need it to feel restored.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    fcx01h0ues31.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Heather/Rori: Technology is a life saver for us. We have Skyped with our lot on Sunday afternoons during lockdowns. And we have a messenger chat room where we all post.

DED is hosting Christmas dinner this year in her house. Unfortunately,we found out yesterday that older grandson may not be there as one of his housemates tested positive, and they have to isolate. We will probably drop off a care package on Christmas Day if he’s still in isolation. ( he has to have a negative test on day 8 from when his friend tested positive)

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening all,

Corey's lunch is made, and his coffee, and thought I would catch up with y'all quick. The dregs of my cold are still with me, but I'm feeling better overall, and appreciate it. I got to see 169 on the scale this morning, and that's making me happy as well. Not the way I wanted to lose it, but at least it's not going the other way and gaining! I'm only four pounds away from my weight when I married Corey, and 165 would make me very happy. Then, take a deep breath and try to lose 15 more in the New Year, and I'd be at my goal weight.

All is well with the rest of our lives, but our daughter is still in distress, as that situation is only getting worse. On the flip side, hopefully, we'll get to see her and the grands next week, and give her some decompression time. However, she's already making noises about pushing their travel here out to coincide with Levi's birthday, which is about three weeks away.

We'll see. Things have a way of working out.

Thinking about you all.
    Love,
    Lisa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    :) Jake got a call yesterday from the cardiac practice that his primary care doctor recommended. He has an appointment on January 6. This practice is about an hour's drive from here with no ferry ride. It will be such an improvement over driving to Seattle. He is very happy with that. He looked on the internet for information about the doctor and is very impressed.

:) I am more than half finished knitting my next blanket for Project Linus. It keeps me warm while I knit.

:) I have daily opportunities to connect via Zoom and I love the technology. We are so fortunate to have such technology and this time of global crisis.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cgjerde1
    cgjerde1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Its a busy month for me. Going on a trip and going to use that time to get back to healing and healthy.
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Did a much bigger shop than I had anticipated, but I've got everything now for over Christmas apart from some more fruit, which DH will do tomorrow. Then just a bit of wrapping.

CONGRATULATIONS Machka on the new job :drinker: . Any details? Commuting time?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I really miss not being able to click on a poster's name and being able to see their home page. It would be so much more interesting to actually see their introductions and photos. :(

Terri ~ You are a neat Santa and your tree is lovely. We have given up putting decorations on our tree and just love the lights.

Michele ~ I think a lot of folks are not interested in homemade gifts as it may be completely opposite of their taste. I am glad Pete is sending you photos.

Tracey ~ The photo of your granddaughter and her friend is just lovely. I would make a beautiful paintiing.

Rory ~ Glad you are in contact with your friends from school.

I finally feel calm about Christmas celebrations with the family. It has been a worry about how to spend the day but I think it has been resolved.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Alfie and I are watching cooking shows this morning..
    I dont know if its the zoloft dosage that the dr upped or just me.. im just not much in the mood to do much of anything..I get out and do what I have to when needed.but I just would rather stay in bed and sleep..
    I know thats not right and hope the feeling goes away..
    I am going with friends tonight to dinner and to decorate gingerbread house..