WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options
kwaez9ezmv1j.jpg

:) In my world the days are getting shorter, the weather is getting colder, and my husband and I are entering our 21st month of sheltering in place. Thus, I am grateful to be in the company of all the friendly and encouraging women on this thread.

:) If you are new, I hope you will keep coming back and join in the conversations.

:) Be sure to bookmark this thread so you can find it again.

:) It helps if you sign your post with a name or nickname and some sort of geographical location.

:) I look forward to a good month with all of you.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Love you, Barbie. You are such an inspiration.

Thank you for organizing us each month.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for always giving us a clean slate to start each month.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Went to moms today to do some chores for her and put up her little Christmas tree
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Flea - you are doing so well and deserve that trip. Hope you have fun

Tracey feel better fast

Pip looks like everyone had a great time

Heather wonderful article. Thanks for posting it

Vicki sorry about your friend

Kj thanks so much for the ideas

Katla safe travels

Allie best thoughts for the mri

Jess took the test. Of course she doesn't think she did well but I'm sure she did. She's going to invite Denise to her graduation but I don't think Denise will come and I know that will hurt Jess, even if she doesn't say it.

Trying to exercise every day. Didn't today since Vince wanted to leave early. Was only able to use elliptical and treadmill, but that's better than nothing

Will write more when we get home.

Thinking of everyone

Michele now in Kentucky
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie for keeping us together we are a critical source of strength for one another -

Kim in N. California
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Barbie - thank you for another month.

I read the rest of the November thread while doing my self treatment to help my hips and back. I have to lay in a certain way that doesn’t allow for typing so I didn’t take notes.

Long day today trying to get payroll ready to go. Still have some more to do in the morning.

Just saw that the new season of This is Us starts on January 4th. That show makes me cry at the best of times and the 4th I was my Dad’s birthday.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    December 1 - First Day of Summer!

Hot day! We reached 30.4°C = 86.7°F
    And now, later in the afternoon, a thunderstorm is moving in.

u1ggwvplwooj.png

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie! :D<3

Yesterday, while my friend and I were walking back to the train station, she fell over on the pavement (sidewalk). It was quite a tumble, and an older gentleman came to her aid, but she got up OK, and seemed fine, if a bit shocked.
    Of course, when she eventually got home, she realised she had twisted her ankle, sprained a wrist, and has probably cracked a rib! :o The pleasures of age.

My legs were troubling me yesterday, but I think I am recovered. I did probably two plus hours of walking, plus my usual morning exercises, but I was unexpectedly having difficulty.

Love to all, Heather UK, still pondering what to do about the balance payment for her cruise. I have read that if you pay the deposit with your credit card, the rest is automatically covered. Must check if we did. I think we did.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    We did. Just going to check again if what I read this morning is correct.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Barbie, thanks for getting us started on another month!
    I sincerely hope this month goes better for me than last month, my eating was totally out of control! Have now gone two days without snacking after dinner and only had an orange this afternoon, so feeling pretty good about that!
    I'm going to try to remember a few things that I wanted to comment on in Nov:
    Tracey, LOVE your ceramic Mr and Mrs Claus! Also looks like the house decorating went well. I have to start mine soon.
    Katla, when you were first talking about going to meet your new grandson, it seemed that you were going to be there for a long time, but now you're back home already! Time truly does fly!
    Lisa, loved the photo of your daughter and Levi, that kid is so very photogenic! Also happy that you managed to avoid whatever stomach bug the kids were suffering from, that's all you need! Happy to hear that you are starting to feel better!
    Flea, so glad to hear that things are going well with you!
    Beth, your pup looks like such a sweetie, I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding him a good home where his energy will be better placed. Happy to hear that you seem to be healing well!
    Kelly, so very surprised that your son and hubby didn't seem to think anything of exposing you to Covid! All I can say is "men! Argh!" Hoping that the interaction was brief enough to not be a problem.
    That seems to be the extent of my memory today, but as always, please know that I do read every day, just don't always have time to comment. I laugh and cry with all of you too.
    I finished making all my bead crafts, I will post a pic eventually.... time is just getting away on me these days! And starting next week, we will have our 2 year old granddaughter with us on Tuesdays! I'm looking forward to that! It's going to be a challenge in many ways, but it will be nice to have one on one time with her. I will also, hopefully, be picking her 5 year old brother up from school those days, it will give their parents a few more hours to get stuff done. Our son is working for himself now, starting up a bookkeeping business, so it does make him pretty flexible to be available for the kids when our daughter in law is working, but he still needs time to get his stuff done, so I'm hoping this will help him a bit. I was asked whether I want Rosalie here or to take care of her at their place, uh, here please! I hope to be able to get a few things done while she's here, I know I'll have to pay attention to her, and all drawing/writing/coloring instruments will have to be well out of her reach unless she's supervised! But, I should still be able to do stuff like handwashing a few dishes and maybe baking something. She can help with that!
    It's getting late, so I really must head to bed! As always, hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on soggy Vancouver Island, part of an even soggier British Columbia....
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for Dec thread, you are a hero

Kate UK ❤️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well i slept soundly last night and none the worse for wear which is a beautiful thing..
    Barbie- thank you again for being our fiereless leader and starting us off to the last month of 2021.
    I pray that 2022 is better for all of us.. Ill have a new grandson and hopefully wont see a hospital for a long long time.
    I wish each and everyone of you and your families health and happiness too
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Thank you, Barbie, for your quiet comfort to us all. So grateful for this place and these people, and your steadfast support.

Goals for November were be lighter, be healthier, stick to the budget. Two out of three were a complete bust.

Be lighter: The last few months as I've tried to get my health under control, my weight has swung wildly from 172 at the beginning of the month to as high as 181. As of now, I'm at 176. I'm really OK with being up four pounds in November because one year ago, I weighed 209. So I'm treating this uptick in weight as a data point on a trendline that is going in the direction I choose.

Be healthier: This is the one goal that didn't fall by the wayside. I was so exhausted and afraid as November began. So I reached out to my support system, and they each wrapped their love around me and wouldn't let me fall into the darkness. Their regard, as well as getting a diagnosis and a drug that's actually working (steroid) has brought my body and my mind into a place of peace.

Stick to a budget: Yeah, no. Didn't happen. Didn't help that the prescription for the steroids I'm taking ended up costing us $300 for a ten-day scrip. Had to get it at Walmart, because past experience with the VA told me that it would take at least ten days before they would get it sent from their pharmacy up in northwest Arkansas. I'm beginning to wonder whether they'll make it before I have to go to Walmart and get another ten-day prescription filled. Working with the VA is reminiscent of nailing Jell-O to the walls. Nonetheless, and even though I am grinding my teeth when I say it, they will get it eventually. There is no malice in these people, just a lack of communication and a huge dollop of incompetence, sprinkled with bureaucratic overcomplications.

Goals for December are once again to be lighter, be healthier, and stick to the budget.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Thanks for the new thread.

Yesterday I had my bloods taken, my PCR test done, and my pre-op assessment on the phone for my procedure tomorrow. I'm in isolation. Taking it easy today and having an early night as I have to book into the hospital at 7 am in the morning. I have to fast from midnight, which is not a problem as I don't eat breakfast until mid morning most days anyway.

These are comments about post on Dec thread. Sorry if I have missed anything. I'm a bit distracted at the moment 😂 I will come back and do a review of the month later.

Vicki: So sorry about your friend. So many people not able to celebrate the lives of the dear departed. Sending and receiving Christmas cards is a joy. I also get much pleasure making some of mine.
    Julie: You poor dear girl! What a catalogue of woes! I hope the days ahead will be better.
    KJ: I'm fuming on your behalf. How considerate of all of them. 🤞🏻 Hoping there are no repercussions.
    Beth: Sometimes we have to accept that some dogs are not a good fit for us, and find them another home where they will be happier.
    @minicooper452 They're called lateral flow rest here, and are freely available for home testing in Northern Ireland
    Debbie: 😏 What an unhappy woman Fumiko must be. Enjoy the time with your own dear mother.
    Flea: I hope it all means that you're well on the mend.
    Pip: Great looking spread, Pip. I hope you all had a lovely time.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Barbie--Thanks for getting us started on the new month.

This is my favorite time of year and doing all I can to relax and enjoy and not let myself get caught up in all the stress. I have my gifts brought and wrapped, cards mailed and decorations up. Now to do some baking this weekend and relax. This is the first year I have not been behind and stressed to get everything done.

Prayers for all of you and thank you for being here and support, it means more than you will ever know.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3