WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Lisa--sending Prayers and hugs

Kim--Sending Prayers and hugs. Hope your mom is feeling better.

Katla--Glad you had a great trip and got to spend time with the new baby and older grandson. I know I enjoy going places, but also so glad to be home.

Mary--Congrats on your Bingo win.

Carol--Happy Birthday to DH. Hope you enjoy your Chinese meal out.

Rebecca--I would send a letter and the piece of metal to the rice company. At least let them know.

I am so happy it is Friday. I have the weekend off. Tomorrow going to bake cookies for the neighbors. I usually give them a gift bag of cookies and a card. Then Sunday after church have our Christian motorcycle group Christmas party. Still not sure what I am taking to that, do have the gifts brought for the gift exchange just need to get them wrapped.

Sounds like our warm weather is going away and the cold is coming.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND,NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie—Thank you for the December thread. I have missed quite a bit because of traveling to see family in Virginia. We returned home on December first. I am happy to connect with this group of wonderful women.

I also want to thank Terri for her help with connecting here.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Mary – Congrats!!!! How exciting

Rebecca – well that is not what is to be in your rice! Hope that the manufacturer responds.

Heather – will the book/article and maybe poems as well as the general advertising help with additional income for all the fun travel and house upgrades? I know that is a worry. But I know so little about the writing world I am sure there are more expenses than I can imagine.

There are a lot of challenges for me with the holidays, but I am getting better at making choices and knowing that being alone for any of the holidays can be one of the ok choices.

But this year for Christmas I have chosen to gather with my best friend’s family group and I do know that with somethings it is just better? Easier! To just go along…. With all that back story I need some help with the “just go along” part – we are being “asked” and assigned an up to 15 min time slot to present to the group a new or renewed focus/theme/symbol for 2022 for yourself or your family it can be expressed with the presentation of an item, song, poem, prayer, picture or in another medium.

So I have NEVER had a focus/theme/symbol for a year (heck for anything longer than a party) and I can present anything but have to have something to present. Honestly I do not care how true it is, but it needs to sound believable. After all I have spent a lot of time with these folks for the last 30 years. Some of you know me pretty well – any suggestions for a focus/theme/symbol?

Thinking of everyone.
    Smiles Kim in N. California

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    043daj317sae.jpeg
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    Got my credit card bill yesterday and there were charges on it that were not mine. When I called today they said they had noticed unusual activity on the account. They have now blocked the card and are sending me a new one. The charges were small but my DD said she thought someone might be doing a trial run to see if they went through. Both charges were from Apple. Com. I do not have any Apple products.

Carol - enjoy the birthday dinner.

Katla - glad you made it home safely and enjoyed the trip.

Heather - congrats on the story.

Rebecca - glad you didn't break a tooth biting down on that.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Barbara I would something simiiar with DrewB especially in the winter. One of her favorite game was find the treat. I would use her kibbble froher Breakfast or Dinner. Right now she is on a bland diet no Kibble because she is anemic. She is on three ad to get at what is causing it. We go back on next Friday to moinitor her progress. The symptom was no energy and no appetite.

I got my reader glasses that screen out the blue light of the computer. I do notice less eye faitigue.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well i can barely move .. waaaaay to much walking for me ..my ankles look like ham hocks but we had a lovely day and i spent a whopping 1.39 for a weekly planner for 2022 .and of course lunch.. we had a blast. To top off our evening we drove through Forest Park in Springfield, Massachusetts .. beautiful Christmas lights...we are on our way home now,Alfie is ending up staying overnight ..because we are getting home late but bless them they love having him .
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Started putting out the Christmas decorations. It’s so nice to put them out in a t-shirt

Mary – care to share???? Congrats

Rebecca – that’s really something. Glad you wrote to the company. Let us know what they are going to do.

Carol – happy birthday to your hubby. Enjoy your dinner.

Barbara – when we were training the service dog, he had to walk on my left side. I kept some treats in my pocket and every time he walked the right way beside me, he got a treat.

Sue WA – I bet your daughter is right. I know whenever that has happened to Vince, AmEx has always been really, really good about sending the new card. When it happened to me, Master Card took forever to get me my new card. Fortunately, I had another card that I used. I’m sorry that happened to you, but glad the credit card company is making good

Went to WalMart. Vince needed to return some LED light bulbs, they were the wrong ones so we got the right ones. I also got a little food while I was there.

I’ve decided that for the Newcomer general meeting where I’m supposed to bring some cookies, I’m just going to make the Pillsbury ones in a roll. Newcomers doesn’t appreciate homemade food anyway so I might as well make it easier on myself. The easiest would be to buy the cookies, which I’m sure some people will do.

Work tomorrow. Well, it’s only until Jan 1.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day

Walk w/yogi- 1hr 48min 38sec, 53elev, 82ahr, 114mhr, 3.17ap, 6.10mi= 579c
    Strava app = 736c
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Most cats in the UK go outside. I'd never heard of an inside cat until this thread. I suppose if you live on Oxford Street........?
    Cats wander around our neighbourhood and gardens. Not dogs though.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Here, owners are strongly encouraged to keep their cats inside because cats can kill native wildlife.

But also because we love our Rhody, and because we live on a busy street, he's an indoor cat most of the time. When he goes out, he's in his harness on a leash or in his catio.

He will walk on a leash - we started doing that right from the beginning.

On Thursday, there was a torrential rain that broke records with the amount of rain falling in a short period of time. Yesterday, he didn't seem entirely happy with his position in the front yard on a stationary leash and didn't seem entirely happy in his catio. So I hooked him up to a walking leash and we did a round of the yard and he had to sniff and sniff at everything. We wonder if the rain brought out new smells. Then he was happy in the front yard.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    So I have NEVER had a focus/theme/symbol for a year (heck for anything longer than a party) and I can present anything but have to have something to present. Honestly I do not care how true it is, but it needs to sound believable. After all I have spent a lot of time with these folks for the last 30 years. Some of you know me pretty well – any suggestions for a focus/theme/symbol?

Thinking of everyone.
    Smiles Kim in N. California

The closest I've come to having a focus for the year is ... this year I need to finish my degree or this year I'm working on my Things to Do list or Go with the Flow. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I had a nice riding lesson on Henry. We did a better trot circle today. And some weaving poles and I put some rings on poles. I did a lot of riding in two point, even at a trot. It was really good in one direction, a little bouncy in the other. All fun.

Annie in Delaware

I was hoping to ride a horse for the very first time in 2021, but it didn't happen. Maybe in 2022!! :)

I'm glad you were able to get out and do that. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka your gravel path, are you edging or digging out and levelling before filling in? Your hard work is inspiring me to give thought to the paths needed in our side yard, to minimize next winter’s mud intake ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    xtleq76fye4u.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

My husband is digging out a little bit - down an inch or two. The path we've completed so far has edging from way back when. It's not in the greatest shape (partially rotten wood) but it's there. As for levelling, the path so far goes up and over a hill. :) The next bit slopes down toward the back door.

We are planning to extend it down and under the outdoor drying rack. Right now that's all grass which needs to be mowed all the time and it doesn't need to be grass. The grass gets really slippery in a rainy year like this one and the area under the drying rack can get quite muddy which is not ideal if we drop an article of clothing. In that stage, we may need to think about things like edging, weedmat, etc.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Christmas is slowly coming along.
    p0rsa874j6c2.jpeg
    8490npzv3la7.jpeg
    cdbx56psroj0.jpeg
    o58hatujg3nb.jpeg
    Tomorrow my tree.
    Lee just groans and smiles...
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    The pic my son did when Athena was a baby. Its got white pompoms in it like snow! She's screaming!
    So precious!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited December 2021
    Options
    This weekend is a "hurricane" of preparation for the biggest cycling event of our season - a challenging, hilly, 200 km ride for which we've got 29 participants.

Plus I'm trying to decorate for Christmas.

Our living/dining area is full of bags of stuff for the ride and bins/boxes of Christmas stuff.

It's a 3-day weekend for me, and a good thing too!

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Awake to hit the potty and get a drink of water.. and hopefully back to sleep ,i took more tylenol for good measure.