WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Barbara- Oregon coastie ,lol I should get that t shirt for my son ... thats him in a nutshell..
    Well been awake for about 3 hours..sheesh im hoping i can get back to sleep
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely lunch with my college buddy, and managed not to eat anything for the rest of the day! Yay! We talked about my book which is reviving after a bit of a rest. I still don't know if I could ever go through with the marketing, but I'm going to write it anyway. It's thriller fiction.

And I finally got that dang booster shot scheduled. I'm rather bad at making appointments, which is part of the reason my hair is so long. Today's chores are vacuuming ( still have those pesky fleas) and Christmas shopping. Got to get those orders in! And hopefully some time for writing.

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD - I've never been a registered anything political-party wise, so the Congress-critters resolutely ignore my independent self. I'm genuinely OK with that.

Kim - you might take a look at "kintsugi." On paper, it just seems to be repairing pottery with gold in the broken places. But for me, it helps me remember that the scars don't ruin me, they are beautiful in and of themselves and make me more beautiful to those who really see me. There are a lot of ways to talk about that.

Sue - Good you caught it! I dealt with that more than a year ago when I lost my wallet, two of my credit cards, and one work credit card. Snarled and tangled mess that was. The credit card companies all took the hit, it's part of their cost of doing business, and I wasn't charged anything, but it was no fun.

Annie - I'm the worst at marketing as well. Occasionally someone finds me on Amazon and I get a tiny royalty, but my joy comes out of having finished the books. Don't get me wrong, I've had dreams of fame and fortune but so far, haven't been willing to put in the marketing work to get noticed. One of the many reasons I admire Heather's multi-pronged approach and follow-through to marketing. Makes me think that I could try, but so far hasn't gotten me to actually commit to an action. :smiley:

The folks I made friends with who sold their wares at the Farmer's Market this last summer are up at the same venue just around the corner from me, selling at the Christmas show. They called me Thursday and urged me to come up and see them this morning. Corey had to work this morning, so it will get me out of the house.

Later, y'all,
    Love, Lisa
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hello, enjoying reading.

KIM maybe the theme "support" ? let us know what you choose!

I don't really choose a theme for a year. some years I have had a sentence or something but not these past years.

a few key meetings yesterday and this morning, especially yesterday, 2 went well one interesting even if results not what we wanted... possibilities apparently remain.

Have some not-fun project to work on this weekend can't put it off anymore.

Cleaning home sounds WAY more fun! :)

Got half a roast chicken on the way home (they are quite small here, a roast chicken makes 4 moderate - not big- sized servings), with maybe 5 or 6 baby potatoes roasted in the drippings. I eat fish but less and less meat. I usually get fish or shrimp when I eat out, for a very simple work or friend dinner, maybe 1x every two weeks. It's common here because homes are small and everyone is tired of public transportation so we find a midway place to eat and splurge 15 to 20 euros.

I will not get the MODERNA again if we have to have a 4th jab. Here the 3rd jab is pretty much required. IF you don't have it you can't go to cafés restaurants, museums and I don't know what else.

ì have a big and slightly growing quite hot red spot where I was jabbed Thursday morning.
    I may need to get it checked.
    I know that red and slight swelling is normal but slight increase after 2 days, not sure (maybe)
    I'm not alarmed but checking it out.
    I had ZERO problem on jab one and two (just tired for both and slightly sore arm on jab 1) so didn't really follow up closely on risks and side effects.

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Barbara -- We have a miniature Australian shepherd -- 20 pounds of muscle and energy. She is a joy.

I also agree with what you said to Kim about her. I have been thinking for a couple days -- when I think of you, Kim, I think of generosity and resourcefulness, resilience. I think the gardening metaphor works on multiple levels.

Started the first of the three maintenance drugs on Thursday, letrozole 2.5 mg, and it makes me a little loopy and tired. I have decided to take it at night, which means I was pretty much out of it at about 9:00 p.m., so I woke up this morning ready to go at about 4:30. Maybe I need to try to take it a little later in the evening?

The Xgeva injection, once a month, should begin in January. And sometime after that, I guess, if everything gets approved, I will start Ibrance. Still no word on whether I will have radiation or not. The pathology consultants are taking a second (third?) look at all of my pathology reports because there is some contradiction. It doesn't really change anything. I asked the oncologist if the fact that I may have lobular instead of ductal is good news, bad news, or just news, and she said "just news." So I am trying not to fret about it, and just move on. I will let the doctors and pathologists hash it out and they will let me know what they decide when they decide it.

I am up early enough to hear the hedgehog on her wheel. She's a sweetie.

Our Covid tests came back negative, as expected, so I think we have everything we need. We are still mentally prepared to be turned away from the flight to Fiji in LA, and we have agreed if that happens, we will just hang out in the sun in LA for a few days and then fly home, so either way, I will get some sun. It is pretty dismal here this time of year, and we didn't go anywhere last winter, so my body is really craving some warmth. I had fun packing my bag yesterday, and my swimming suit doesn't look half bad on me, even with the lopsy nature of my "chest wall," as the oncologist clinically calls it. Lol

Oh, and the oncologist cleared me to get my vaccines, so I started with the second dose of the shingles vaccine on Thursday, since I was quickly approaching the six month window. I need to wait two weeks from then before I can get the Covid booster and Flu shot, but I will be much relieved to have these done before I start the two other drugs. One of them (both of them?) can mess with my immune system, so I want to get these done before I start on that experience again.

Everyone take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    dth5zlyyqz45.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi all! Waiting to hear back from my brother about a lunch visit I proposed for next week. Hours on the train, but you have to make the effort. ;)

Kim - As Lisa said, the returns are tiny, but the spiritual reward is great. :D I just keep putting one foot in front of another. I still have dreams of great fame and distinction, but I can live without it. I suffer from less envy now I am actually doing something to put myself out there. Creativity is an end in itself. And I may help a few people. :D<3

Someone else asked me a question and I can't remember it. Was it Barbara? 🤔

Done all my Christmas cards except for my ex as I don't have his new address.

Went for my run this afternoon and came back via the fish market. Bought Dover Sole for Boxing Day dinner. Yum . It was quite breezy, but worth making the effort.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    The vet thinks an ulcer might be the cause so her treatment is tailored to this. Only way to tell for sure is a very invasive test. A problem I am having already is two of her meds are taken with food and she is not eating again. She ate some of the rice and boiled hamberger and/or chicken. Today no go. Those who have dogs have you ever had this condition with your fur baby and how did you help them regain their health. :heart: Margaret
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Margaret I never had to deal with a canine ulcer. Good luck. Teddy did go through a stage of not eating when we first moved here. I started taking the food away after fifteen minutes, and he got used to the idea that he better eat promptly. But he wasn't ill, just being picky/anxious.

I still need to do my Christmas shopping today. I get anxious over gifts as well as a hundred other worrisome things. Do you all have any gift ideas?

Annie in Delaware
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Annie,

I try to go consumable when I can. Food, drinks, bath/beauty if I know what they like but perhaps won’t buy for themselves. My BFF usually gets goat soap that she loves (and can afford but won’t buy for herself) from me.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Not giving gifts this year, apart from the grandchildren. Only one person was put out. Most were just relieved. :p

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Got a text from Tracy that Carmine was exposed to someone at school so she is out of school for the next 2 weeks ,she is also not vaccinated..
    With Tracy a month out from delivery this is a predicament.. with the new Omni verant out there ,there isnt alot of vaccines out there ,i was with Carmine Thursday so im hoping all is well ,im vaxed up but will be staying away until Carmine is vaccinated..
    Im not taking any chances..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Margaret I never had to deal with a canine ulcer. Good luck. Teddy did go through a stage of not eating when we first moved here. I started taking the food away after fifteen minutes, and he got used to the idea that he better eat promptly. But he wasn't ill, just being picky/anxious.

I still need to do my Christmas shopping today. I get anxious over gifts as well as a hundred other worrisome things. Do you all have any gift ideas?

Annie in Delaware

I usually get gift cards for the few people I give gifts to. Amazon is great. A few clicks on December 23rd, and I'm done.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I bought books for my Dad and my mom. She gets Kristen Hannah. He gets an adventure about Teddy Roosevelt on the Amazon. And my sister gets luggage from her wish list, that is from me and my parents. So that leaves my Aunt and Uncle and my cousin. I'm not even really sure we are exchanging gifts with them. Or whether we will do a meal together and buy them a ham or something. I guess I need to go over there again and ask what they want to do. I feel so awkward about that and I don't know why.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are home and happy. We had a great time with our son, ddil, and grandsons in Virginia. We were happy to cuddle the new baby and play with his big brother.

I have had some challenges logging in here and am grateful for my friends here who have helped me to join the thread.

We have year around hummingbirds here and they’ve been peeking in our windows to see that we’re at home. A good friend in our neighborhood kept their feeders full while we were away.

I am happy to be here with all of you.

Katla, at home in Oregon