WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Terri – Good wishes for a successful surgery & speedy recovery. :heart:

Tracey in Edmonton - The wheel wreath is delightful. I’ve had many Christmas Wreaths over the years, but none has the magic and creativity of yours. WOW!!!

Kim – I hope your mom gets good help and is willing to try the things they suggest.

Heather- You are absolutely correct. Our trip was a BIG ADVENTURE. I am so glad we both went. A few years ago DH sent me off to visit our daughter. I had a great time with her and her family, but DH did not do so well alone at home. I vowed not to leave him alone again. This time he came along on the trip and it was a big success. He enjoyed being with our son’s family and the birth of a new grandson. I was happy for all of us.

Katla at home in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well i was up with birds and out early for bloodwork .. then got a whole bunch of free baby boy clothes from Someone on Facebook so ,I chucked those in the car and went to my knit and stitch group.. then went and let Homer out,stopped back home and put the baby clothes in the laundry ,and went to see my daughter..she has a Drs appt this afternoon so i am taking Carmine to guitar lesson..and then home..
    Im stopping back over later and giving Carmine and Kyle there presents early..
    MRI ,came back a .o.k so thats good ..
    At least my head is still together lol
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well sitting out in car waiting for Carmine to finish guitar lesson,ahhh same nasty teenage attitude, its so lovely...
    I paid the furnace guy that did there furnace cleaning and to fix what needed to be fixed.. thats the family Christmas present... im hoping it holds out its the original 1954 furnace ..
    I feel bad for Alfie ive been running here there and everywhere today,and ill be gone tomorrow too,have to take him to the Vet for shots in the morning,and then going with the girls for the day tomorrow..
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    3d7svyzh3wuc.png
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I had a nice riding lesson on Henry. We did a better trot circle today. And some weaving poles and I put some rings on poles. I did a lot of riding in two point, even at a trot. It was really good in one direction, a little bouncy in the other. All fun.

And I am under calories so far today. Never mind that I had cookies for dinner while my salad sits untouched. Good thing it doesn't get dusty in the fridge! That is my next step. I might even get rid of these aches if I ate less sugar.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Yogi - you silly pup!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Got my pup groomed this morning and he looks and smalls so much better. He was always walking behaving the visiting lab and I think he got peeled on on a few times.
    Barbie- will google reads this afternoon and see what I find. My DGD said she has several books that she only read once and I could have them but I don’t want her to mail them. Too expensive.
    It is so warm here it is hard to believe it is December.
    Later,
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Snoflake that wheel wreath is cute
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Sue, maybe your DGD could give you the names and authors and you can find them locally at a used bookstore.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Got my pup groomed this morning and he looks and smalls so much better. He was always walking behaving the visiting lab and I think he got peeled on on a few times.
    Barbie- will google reads this afternoon and see what I find. My DGD said she has several books that she only read once and I could have them but I don’t want her to mail them. Too expensive.
    It is so warm here it is hard to believe it is December.
    Later,
    SueBDew in TX

My 15-year old just finished reading the Divergent series, which he loved. She may have already read it, but he was giving me a synopsis of the four books last night, and they seemed appropriate, even though a lot of people die -- it is a dystopian series.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well its been a long day.. i did bring Carmines afghan over and gave it ,early.. fits the bed a little big,but loves it,
    Im going to go to sleep and get ready for another long day tomorrow
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Terri- sending god thought to you for your procedure tomorrow.
    I was one of the hostesses for Ladies bridge today. We had 36 women play for 6 hours. Then I had to help clean up after. So glad to get home.
    My “angel” from the angel tree had somethings on her list that I didn’t know what they were. She is 17 years old so I started googling things. One thing she ask for is young adult books. Any suggestions?
    I really don’t have a goal but will try to regain my endurance.
    Thanks Barbie for the new month.
    SueBDew in TX.

Not YA, but my 16 year old niece is reading The Great Gatsby, at my recommendation. That is one of my favorite books and I don't think there is anything too offensive in it for a teen. I also recommended Dracula (Bram Stoker) because she loves scary stuff. I enjoyed the Starcatchers series, based on Peter Pan. It's written by Dave Barry. The first is Peter and the Starcatchers. It might be too young for her. This is a hard request since you don't know her tastes. You could always give her a bookstore gift card.

Tina in CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/december
    This month's theme: Do Good December

This month, we're encouraging you to carry out small acts of kindness. This has been another difficult year of uncertainty and ups and downs for many of us. Kindness is contagious, and helping others has been proven to make us feel better too! Let's try to focus on being generous with our time and attention rather than money - it's free and better for everyone, as well as our planet!

lykoxptp1mw9.png

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    M – I am so jealous of you having warm weather

KJ -I finally checked out those toys. I think he may like the Magnatite (or however you spell it). I am also thinking about one of those rugs that you play with cars on.

Tomorrow is supposed to be real nice so I told them at the soup kitchen that I just got back from Iowa (really, I got back yesterday) and at the Green Room that I couldn’t volunteer since I want to help Vince put out the decorations.

BK called here this morning. I’d already left but they asked if I was coming in. I guess they have people who leave and then don’t come back. When I got there another girl who I guess usually does the prep on the weekends went to see her father in Vietnam so they asked me if for the next month would I work Saturdays. I told them I don’t see a problem since it’s only for a month. I don’t think I’d want to do it as a routine, but for one month? That I think I can handle. I do need to ask them if they are open for Christmas and New Years. I wouldn’t think for Christmas but perhaps New Years. I also want to ask if they want me for New Years since that will be 5 weeks. I’m not sure when the other gal is getting back. They were appreciative of my coming back, tho.

In one sense I wouldn’t be too upset if Denise (no,I really mean when) decides not to come down here. So much less to have to do. Want to get my cards written soon. Vince finished putting the lights on the tree and he’s pretty close to getting the special ornaments (that need to be plugged in) on the tree.

We probably should go to the Newcomer Christmas general meeting. I just found out that everyone is supposed to bring a dozen cookies. What a pain! Looks like that’ll be something more that I have to do. I thought they were having it catered. Guess not.

Went to Hamrick’s to see about new shoes for work. The ones I got don’t look fashionable, but they do have a vinyl top so if I spill pickle juice or tomato seeds on them, I can wash it off. Stopped at Gabe’s to see about a bra (Hamrick’s didn’t have any in my size at a price I was willing to pay). Gabe’s only had the 2 packs and I don’t want a 2 pack unless both of them are white, and you know that’s not going to happen. But I did find 2 pocketbooks at a decent price that I thought were cute. Then went to Aldi’s

Terri – best of luck tomorrow

Mary – how proud you must be to have your nephew in your family! How enterprising!

Rebecca – marshmallow/molasses...yum. Care to share?

Beth – I’m with you, I’m tired of Covid, too. It’s not going to go away, it’s a flu just like any other flu. You’ll have all sorts of variants, just like you do with the flu. I’m also tired of anyone saying “get vaccinated”. If someone hasn’t yet, they probably for whatever reason won’t so harping on it isn’t going to help. I’m sorry about your dad.

Kim – wonderful!

Rori – Jess goes to colorado next week. University of Colorado is it? Glad to hear it’s been warm. I take prolia for osteoporosis. It’s just one injection every 6 moths. It seems to be working for me since it goes directly into the blood system and doesn’t go into the digestive tract first.

Kate – beautiful knitting

Heather – what a wonderful thing to happen! What a great author you are!

Called and got an appointment to get my hair cut next month. Of course, she’s all booked up for December. Well, I’ll live.

Tracey – what a beautiful wreath!

I’m enjoying the Robert Heinlein books.

Michele back in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive thoughts about my nephew! His company gives back to the community in many ways. The reason his bike is inexpensive is that they wanted to make it affordable for everyone! Same high quality parts as ones that are 2-5 times the price and sometimes better. 💞
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    dgeqwn83lksk.jpeg
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3