WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    Took me over an hour but I got all the batteries in the toys- Ezie will have a lot of fun when she comes in Monday.
    I know, the one quilt really doesn't go with it BUT, that was made by my great grandmother. The top anyways. Mom had them for about 50 yrs before she had a friend finish them off for us. Grandma Bee loved to make crazy quilts and I love having it on my couch.

hzhzcld9x55y.png

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3o:)<3
    (Katla)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Plus the music related saying!💖
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    Ooh met a Navy momma that sews aprons! So she's sewing me one with Norwegian-ish flowery fabric, anchor, and writing fabric, all things that are important to me. It will so unique!
    3zjpkj2xgppr.jpeg
    4bc65ic7802z.jpeg
    84odu6chj24g.jpeg
    f39nxoj4pvnc.jpeg
    Fun huh!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

great fabric!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well i bought myself an Apple watch ,but being the bonehead I am because I have an android phone duh wont work. So will return it..
    Havent really felt great all day ,lots of phlegm sorry TMI but if not better in the morning going to the walk in,i know i dont have covid,but Im worried about pneumonia.. no fever or headaches or anything but coughing and tightness in chest.. not heart attack material.. I promise ill trot on off in the morning, i even have a bag packed in case they make me go you know where...
    Will let Tom know in the morning and he can come get Alfie or I can drop him off.. Alfies emergency bag is already over there..
    Its sad that i have to have things like that in place but what can you do?
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Had a fun party tonight with lots of food, music and games. We got a little lost coming home but Siri got us on the right track.
    Thanks for all the book suggestions.
    Michele- I am sure they appreciate your working extra hours. Several of our restaurants had to reduce hours because pg lack of staff.
    Tired tonight as we had a bad storm last night and it kept us awake.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    I bought books for my Dad and my mom. She gets Kristen Hannah. He gets an adventure about Teddy Roosevelt on the Amazon. And my sister gets luggage from her wish list, that is from me and my parents. So that leaves my Aunt and Uncle and my cousin. I'm not even really sure we are exchanging gifts with them. Or whether we will do a meal together and buy them a ham or something. I guess I need to go over there again and ask what they want to do. I feel so awkward about that and I don't know why.

Annie in Delaware

I used to feel awkward doing that sort of thing ... partly because my mother used to be the one to do it.
    But then I realised that I'm in my mid-50s, and my mother was in her mid-50s when I was depending on her to be part of organising family gatherings etc. so it was time for me to step up.

Go in with an idea in your mind of what you'd LIKE to do. Then if they are hesitant and not sure, you can say, "What if we do this ...". You may have to compromise a bit, but you've got a chance of getting what you'd like.

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Rebecca, I thought you might enjoy seeing the aprons my mom made for my sister’s daughter and two grandchildren out of the scraps from making them stockings and pillow covers and a piece of material she found in her stash of purple and gold dancers. hebzqpdfigp6.jpeg

How wonderful!!! Great job!💖👍
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I just finished knitting another blanket for Project Linus. Our chapter has donated over 2000 blankets so far this year and there will be another delivery next week. I'll drop off my blanket tomorrow along with a few knitted hats.

:) Knitting is what I do instead of decorating and buying gifts.

<3 Barbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Worked, then stopped at Food Lion for soda for Vince since it’s on sale today. The FL by me no longer gives out rainchecks so I went to another FL who usually has the soda and they did. Then we put out more of the Christmas decorations. Got in over 10,000 steps. How I miss my exercise!

The plan for tomorrow is to do Bob Harper’s Ultimate Cardio Body DVD

Am making a tunnel of fudge cake for Vince’s birthday. I’ll take it to ceramics Monday since we won’t be there Tuesday (I have to lector, I totally forgot feast of Annunciation)

Ordered the wrong cat litter from Chewy so I wrote them asking if I could exchange it. Instead, they are crediting my credit card for the litter with the understanding that I donate it to the Humane Society. They’ve always been very good. One time we got some cat treats and the container opened up. They sent us a new container. This time they’re crediting my account even tho I told them that I know it’s my own fault. I think that is very nice of them.

Rebecca – love those M&M characters. Where did you get them?

Barbara – no, I don’t plan to quit BK. Usually I only work M-F. The gal who does the prep on the weekends is gone to Vietnam to see her father for the month. I’m going to be working the Saturdays until she gets back. I seem to recall that she’ll return around the 27th. I talked to the manager to ask her 1) if we’re open New Year’s Day. We are, but they are opening later. And 2) does she want me to come in on Jan. 1? It’s interesting, she said “I’d rather have you”. Guess I can take that as a compliment. I told her that I know what I’m going thru trying to catch up having been away for a week, I can hardly imagine what she’s having to do when she gets back. Also, this will make me look better (hopefully) when I ask to take a month off in February/March

Lost my pen at work today. Oh well...not like that’s a biggie, I can always get another one. I did chop up extra lettuce and wrapped extra cheese for the manager who will be doing the prep tomorrow. She asked me to chop the onions. I didn’t think you could do that, but I did it for her. I was going to peel more onions, but didn’t bother

Julie – why won’t you get the moderna if a 4th booster is called for?

Really need to get started on my cards. Wonder why I’m procrastinating? That’s not like me. I usually have them done by Thanksgiving. Update: did them.

Carol – handsome grandson

Debbie – glad the cat must be alive

DrKatie – loved the things your mom made

Michele NC
    who is glad she isn’t working tomorrow and can exercise
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options