WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ The cake is beautiful. Love the fluffy icing and decor.

Carol
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Great job Johnny and Heather looks lovely..
    Today Tracy getting another stress test and ultrasound and i guess will have it done again next week until she delivers..
    Waiting to hear how the ultrasound comes out.. stress test went much better..
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sue ~ So sorry about your son and family having to isolate. Also, so sorry about the friend with ALS...that is a horrible disease.

Carol
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, livestream church
    Bonus: veg prep, Xmas cards to those who sent to us, one load laundry, wrapped pecan fudge
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    19: Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20: Help other by giving away something you don’t need. Joe wants to donate the Perry Masons instead of trading them in for credit at the used bookstore. What a guy.

The things I’ll do to avoid catching up on T’ai Chi and Line dancing SMH! Today it was addressing Christmas cards to those who sent to us. Not something I usually do, something I’d usually resent, but if it means procrastinating on exercise.. :laugh:

Lisa :love: the rubber ducky story and the pics of Egg.
    Heather what a shock. Glad your friend won’t be alone. So hard to loose someone during the holidays and worse when its so sudden and unexpected.
    Rebecca Athena is getting so tall!
    Tracey, yes, have both vintage and sentimental ornaments for inside. Alas I haven’t yet put them on the tree ;}
    Debbie oh how I miss Lucky stores, and Winco…
    Pip your stats don’t mention how many cals you burned keeping Kirby from doing in those “delivery-not” drivers.
    Michele, Joe didn’t want to put the incandescents outside because he was worried the old wires, electricity and our rain were a bad combination. He was reluctant to string them up inside the house because of how hot they get. He came up with the idea of lighting inside the garage and we are both delighted ;)
    Karen, what your mom said.
    Katla I hope you find a breeder soon so the right puppy can choose you.
    Machka your holiday plans sound just right. Hope the time is restorative.

Wanted to march in place while watching a couple of Jeopardys on DVR. Power light on but no picture, no sound. Rats.
    Really hope Joe will hook up one of our other TVs up temporarily to the cable box/DVR. Do NOT want to try to buy a new TV four days before Christmas.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    21ar2k95wq05.gif

The closest Winco is in Vacaville- I think I have been in one time. Don't remember anything about it. With so many Grocery Outlets and the Lucky's(there are two of each in Napa and when I am there, I make the rounds of all four stores-Lucky's just the meat and produce department when I go by myself. When dh goes with me, we have to check out the pet food isle and the snack aisle and sometimes the deli/dairy/lunch meat aisle.
    I also get so much food when I help at the food program- we each get a box for helping.
    I plan most meals around what I get at those stores and my box.
    Going up to Pedricks is a bonus, usually only do that when on our way up to Sac.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Does anyone remember the old bubble lights on the Christmas tree? We had them as a kid and LOVED them, watched them bubble/boil for what seemed like hours.
    Quite a few years ago, I bought two sets. I used one set once but haven't used them again. Next year I need to put them on. Found them after son and his girlfriend had already finished doing the tree.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Vvvv
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Heather, CRUISES my neighbour said he and his husband went on a cruise in November I think and they could only visit in groups (no individual visiting) so he wasn't so crazy about that.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Machka9 nice glasses.

@OregonMother glad you had a great trip!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    💖🎄
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    hi you guys, I read some and had to skip over. I was really under pressure for some things having to work a lot on the weekend. now taking a few days off.
    as usual I read the following pages to my last post hoping not to miss any personals, and then the last few pages.

such a big and busy group!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    SUE I'm so sorry about your friend your disappointments about xmas. I hope your son does okay. I just saw a Facebook friend whose young vaccinated daughter has COVID for second time- light case. maybe asymptomatic. She is bummed and exasperated about having to be quarantined again.

HEATHER lovely cake and awesome news!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I'm away for a few days.
    mixed feelings. it's colder than usual- not sunny. I love to watch sunset and sunrise but there has been none to see so far. I think tomorrow morning we will be able to see the sunrise.

here I have always rented a cheap hotel room. for a change I got a tiny airbnb, same prices but there is a kitchen, and it's a bit bigger.

it's more lonely - in a hotel you greet at least the owners from time to time.
    but it's nice and saves quite a bit of money- especially in winter- to have a kitchen.

tired.

I have been eating too much.
    I did have some zukes and hard boiled eggs to balance out but a bit heavy on the rich food. I probably walked about 2h moderate/slow pace and swam 20 min at my favorite pool...

I was already tired and eating too much makes me feel more sleepy.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Looks like my son got her with a snowball!💖😁
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Heather, CRUISES my neighbour said he and his husband went on a cruise in November I think and they could only visit in groups (no individual visiting) so he wasn't so crazy about that.

That is the main reason we are putting off going on another cruise. On the line we go on, if you don't book the excursions thru them, you can't get off the ship. We have never booked anything on any of our cruises. We like exploring on our own. When that is changed, our travel agent/my friend knows to let us know. DH is checking about once a month. A friend went on a cruise- he doesn't care about the excursions-they go on so many cruises, he just stays on the ship while his wife goes and explores. He said it was nice because there are hardly any people on the ship. He likes no crowds