• CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather – Congrats on the lit department enjoying reading your story!! :bigsmile: I’m happy to hear your grandchildren will be getting their booster jabs. :star: Your cake looks wonderful.

Terri – Your Christmas tree is lovely!

Allie – It is wonderful that you had a good time at Trudy’s. I hope you are able to enjoy your friend’s house on Christmas Eve.

Machka – The silver snowflakes are lovely. :star:

SueBDew – So sorry that your son has tested positive for the virus, despite being vaccinated. It doesn’t seem fair, but things have not been fair for many since the pandemic began. I hope he feels better soon.

Rita -Colitis is a difficult disease to deal with. I had it in the distant past and hope never to have it again. I hope you feel better soon.

Barbara – I did some research on Keeshond breeders a couple of months ago. It appears that litters will be more likely to occur after the New Year and may be available next spring. We are hoping it will work out for us.

Debbie - I remember the bubble lights well. I’m not sure whether we still have some in the garage attic.

This is a rainy day. I’m happy & feeling cozy inside the house.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    I put a reminder into my calendar to do yoga on Monday nights. I'm so excited! There are such good yoga videos out there now. This won't be as much fun as a class, but it should be fun!

I'm doing my New Year's resolutions early. The biggest one is laying out a weekly routine that includes fitness and sticking to it. So far so good!
    Diet fixes are coming!

Annie in Delaware
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Barbara – I did some research on Keeshond breeders a couple of months ago. It appears that litters will be more likely to occur after the New Year and may be available next spring. We are hoping it will work out for us.

Katla in NW Oregon

Katla -

Did you get on the list with the breeder to get a pup? My friends got a pure bred pup last spring and they were on a waiting list with the breeder they chose as their favorite. It took 3 litters to get to them on the list.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    k1wjways8w8d.jpeg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    I just read that 50 people on the Season of the Seas Royal Caribbeans biggest ship contracted covid...
    I would love to take cruise ,but not right now...no way
    Today... i didnt do much tomorrow im going out with Doris..
    Tracy wants me to come over during the day Christmas Eve.. but have to take Dan to get his booster .. so that could be a busy day and Christmas day could be quiet.. i could go see Sean and Jean then
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Sorry I'm not replying to all that I wanted to - I appreciate the hugs from y'all, and am happy when I say something that gives y'all some inspiration. Love the cake, Heather, and the story in The Guardian, and Rebecca, Athena is really out of the baby stage! I'm so sorry for the friends and loved ones lost, for the fears and apprehensions about those in the hospital, and happy for the recovered ones.

I feel like I'm losing brain cells every time I blow my nose, so I'm sleeping as much as I can. Talked to my daughter today, and moved her trip to next week. I am really hoping I'm better by Wednesday, but would rather be completely good, and am neutral on what day we celebrate. The covid test was negative, so it really is a cold. Was pretty sure, but worth testing to keep my grandbabies safe.

Love y'all,
    Lisa

Oh, ETA - and blood tests results last week were much better!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa))) - Good news that blood tests were much better. Three cheers! 😊😇😘
    Katla
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Went out and bought washer/dryer and stove from different outfit and cancelled the Costco order
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 11min 10sec, 73elev, 97mhr, 117mhr, 4.09mi= 380c
    Strava app = 493c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Yay! I did some yoga. I didn't fall over! I can still go through my basic routine although I should hold each pose longer. I will get there.

Annie in Delaware
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Barbie great advice!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Uuuu
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Annie - congrats on your great start. Keep it going.

Pip - glad you were able to find new appliances.

Katla - hope the right puppy comes along.

Allie - DD and I are looking forward to a quiet Christmas day with just the two of us.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Pfffft anf here I am awake in the middle of the night again or should I say early morning.. ugh..
    Her c section is scheduled for 11:30 am on the 7th and will take about an hour and then they will get her into a room probably by 2..
    She knows i want to come up but they are thinking that they just might wait until Saturday to let people come to.meet him and its only one person at a time and noon to 8 pm.. so we shall see. At least I hope they send a picture of the little guy.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The Saga rep told me that anything that counts as a substantial change to the conditions counts as a reason to be able to cancel. Not being able to go ashore unaccompanied would be a substantial change, she said, because I asked about that specifically. So, I am just waiting to see what will happen by January 3rd, the revised date by which we have to pay the full balance. I do not want to lose our deposits, so the grounds for cancellation have to be from their side in order to get it back. We are hoping we can cancel, because all the uncertainty takes the joy out of it. We have another cruise booked to Iceland in June, which we really want to go on, as it's a long term goal. This one was booked before we knew about the Iceland one.
    It all must be a nightmare for them. :#
    Glad I'm not involved in the hospitality industry at the moment. My son is, as he markets non-alcoholic drinks to venues.

Getting up for breakfast in a minute. No cup of tea in bed this morning as the kids will be arriving in an hour.

Lisa - Oh, I wish it were the Guardian! Unfortunately, it is a popular tabloid, The Daily Express. I've never read it. :p It was Robert Maxwell's rag. The Saturday magazine is where the story will go. It's one I wrote probably twelve or so years ago and was twice as long, with a different sub plot. I ditched the sub plot and cut, cut, cut it. Ended up with 1200 words. Phew! It's set in Whitstable, where we had a house for a few years. I think I could copy and paste it into a spoiler, but I'm not sure. I will have a go nearer the time. There is nothing in it now, after cutting, to 'frighten the horses'. I'm quite proud of it though. 'Fit for purpose'.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx