Options
    Christmas Day Walk Views ...

1wyzcf7m93dt.png
    zdd50i21eaur.png

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Worked then went with Vince for his allergy shot. Stopped at the Salvation and got – wait for it – 2 more exercise DVD’s that I didn’t have. Then home to make a triple chocolate cheesecake for a friend. We’re going to see her nativity sets tomorrow so I want to take something with me. I totally forgot to get chocolate cookies that I can crush down so first I went to Food Lion who, believe it or not, doesn’t sell any kind of chocolate cookie, just chocolate chip, chocolate covered graham crackers, etc. So I had to go to WalMart where I was able to get chocolate animal crackers.

Then home and made the cheesecake. Called and made an appointment for my toe. I still can’t bend it. I’m supposed to go Thursday so I think I’ll try to get as much prep done at work as I can ahead of time so I can leave early.

Kat – welcome! Not everyone comments on a post you made, some for lack of time etc., but everyone reads them. Please don’t feel you have to comment on every post.

M – no, no one is allergic. Not having fowl on New Years is an old tradition. See, when a chicken (or turkey) scratches it scratches backwards and you don’t want to go backwards into the year. When a pig walks, it goes nose first and you want to go forward into the New Year. Oh, I know there are lots of other veggies than corn and carrots. But those are the only two that Vince will eat. Well, he’ll eat white (only white, not sweet) potatoes, celery, lettuce, only cold tomatoes (except on pizza). I think that about covers it. Now I like just about all veges and beans

Weather has been unseasonably warm here, but I can live with that. It’s in the 70’s. No jacket, short sleeves, just hope it’s like this when we take down the Christmas decorations

Rori – you are so right, this IS a great group of ladies. I honestly think this group is different from any other group in that we are all so respectful of our differences and so very helpful. I still think of Heather every time I put shirataki noodles in my soup and of katla every time I use the flosser.

Carol – how old is your granddaughter? That painting is amazing

Called the place to see if they got the order for my home sleep study. They did find it, so I will probably get the equipment to do it tomorrow or the next day. I know they’ll find that I have sleep apnea. The good thing is that Vince has gone thru this so if I have any questions, I can just ask him

katla – we’ve had salad for our “green” so many times, I just want to do something different. Which is why I’m thinking some sort of green dessert.

Sue in WA – yes, it was sad that gs couldn’t come down here. But to get my mind off it, I invited another couple over who were going to be alone so we were alone together. I didn’t start to cry until the next day, I was so busy

Now that the holidays are over, I’m hoping to be able to get back in the gym

Debbie and M – lovely pics

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we bought enough groceries to last a bit. :)

Today WE HAVE SNOW! It is a rare treat & we enjoyed it.

Stay safe.❤️

Katla
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    1f9paxwziuct.jpeg
    biur1zj8cdb9.jpg
    sdidfk4yi5zt.jpeg
    Athena got more snow in Vancouver WA. 💖
    Our dead end road looking to the main road yesterday early morning, and my sobs Japanese van.👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    Options
    Lovely evening walk. :)

ezj9zsc358xn.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Good article!

The science of healthy habits: how to establish new routines as part of your training plan

Whether your New Year’s resolution is to commute by bike, start a daily stretching routine or eat healthier snacks, it’s time to ditch your dependence on flaky willpower and build bulletproof habits instead

https://www.bikeradar.com/advice/fitness-and-training/healthy-habits/

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, made up T’ai Chi from 12/15
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry, veg prep
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    29: Turn off digital devices and really listen to people. Did this chatting with C, P and S.

Break in the weather forecast for tomorrow, just in time for dog group. Good thing, was getting cabin feverish.

Lisa “…can turn around a flailing department” what a skill!
    Terri great pics!
    Heather “…mainly just let her talk…” the best gift. Brava!
    Carol your GD’s painting is stunning.
    Tina sorry to hear about all the Covid hitting your family, glad you dodged the bullet. Understand about 58F feeling cold and being weather spoiled. Now that we live on the coast, we complain when the weather gets down into the 40’s. In Boise, that was cause for rejoicing and short sleeves ;)
    Allie happy to hear cardiology appointment went well.
    Rita well done on your 21 for 21s.
    Vicki brava for keeping up with the gym.
    Katla thanks for the mental images of the hungry heron with snowy toes and the lucky hummingbirds.
    Annie no more frozen salads, yay! Mama and Papa were both duplicate bridge life masters. ;) Look forward to reading your book.
    Barbie hooray for early grocery pickup.
    Sue :love: Nessa the snow dog!
    Machka great suggestions of things to say to struggling friends. Stunning pics, you have a gift!
    Debbie that beautiful picture made me homesick for when we lived in Ukiah, only in those days it was lambs not vineyards.
    Tracey hope you can enjoy the enforced break from work.
    Michele I can NOT believe there are ANY exercise DVDs you don’t already have :laugh:
    Rebecca Oh that Athena! :love: those pics! Does your son’s van have 4 wheel drive?

Going straight to bed. Not passing the hot cocoa, not stopping at the cookies. Going directly to bed.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    wn1olx8hjucm.gif
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Hello, my chickens... 🐔🐔🐔

The washer is whooshing, and the sound is wrapping me in my happy place--listening to the domestic voices of my house... Egg is curled on my lap with her head hanging off the edge of the chair so she can inspect her world upside down, I think. Basically all I can see is a fuzzy cat torso. Her tail is twitching like mad, so I'm sure that soon, she will ooze herself off my legs and go looking for trouble.

Speaking of which - a question for all of those with cats, Egg has a weird habit (well, I think it's weird) of taking three or four pieces of dry food from her food dish and putting them into her water dish. I've never actually caught her doing it. Does anyone else's cat do this? The only way we've ever made her stop is to put her water dish in another room.

Corey's off to work, and he left the gate open for me so I can go to Walmart, so I better go do that. The earlier I go, the fewer people.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Options
    Hello, my chickens... 🐔🐔🐔

The washer is whooshing, and the sound is wrapping me in my happy place--listening to the domestic voices of my house... Egg is curled on my lap with her head hanging off the edge of the chair so she can inspect her world upside down, I think. Basically all I can see is a fuzzy cat torso. Her tail is twitching like mad, so I'm sure that soon, she will ooze herself off my legs and go looking for trouble.

Speaking of which - a question for all of those with cats, Egg has a weird habit (well, I think it's weird) of taking three or four pieces of dry food from her food dish and putting them into her water dish. I've never actually caught her doing it. Does anyone else's cat do this? The only way we've ever made her stop is to put her water dish in another room.

Corey's off to work, and he left the gate open for me so I can go to Walmart, so I better go do that. The earlier I go, the fewer people.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

One of my cats did that. I called her a raccoon! She'd drop them in her dish, swish them around, and then scoop them out and eat them. Evidently, she wanted them softer.

But they do say that the water and the food should be separate. So we've got Rhody's food on one side of the kitchen and his watercooler water fountain on the other.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Preface: I know very little about gardening. It has never been my thing ... it's much more my husband's thing. But recently I've taken up gardening because it seems to be getting away from husband and I'm doing what I can to establish some stuff to make things easier for both of us.

To that end, we've been putting in a gravel footpath so that it is easier to walk around our yard, so that stuff doesn't get tracked into the house all the time, and so that there is less to mow.

I'm also trying to put in flowerbed and bushes and things to attract the bees and, hopefully, reduce the number of weeds our garden has seemed to attract. I've never seen so many weeds in one garden!! I'm hoping that the flowers and things will be strong enough and plentiful enough to choke out the weeds.

However ...

The garden bed to the left in the photo should be full of flowers.

I planted over 300 bulbs in there, and maybe a third of them turned up for spring. Some of those just came up but didn't flower.

Then, as those were dying off, I planted heaps of various short flowering plants.

One type has come up and flowered. I think they're Phlox, but they could be Alyssum or Candytuft. Whichever they are, they're cute but don't look as hardy and fluffy as what I see in photos. I've also got Lobelia in there too but I'm pretty sure they haven't made an appearance yet.

Maybe I'm just impatient. Maybe they'll all start making an appearance in January.

If not, I'm not sure what has gone wrong. I'm very new to all this!

axylw1y894g4.png

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    We had our Zoom with my girlfriends, one of whom is currently in Singapore, visiting her granddaughter. :D
    I had already washed my hair, put my face on and done my exercise session. Phew!
    After that didn't feel much like writing, so I did some more 'housekeeping', moving stuff from my phone writing app to Word on my laptop and then copying onto Word on my tablet.
    This involved lots of copying and pasting and sending emails to myself etc. Plus Dropbox.
    Anyway, it's done.

I will continue with my new book on my laptop now. I still have little idea what form it is going to take. Experimenting.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx