WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Tracey, so good to see your post!

I've become a mouth-breathing, itchy-faced, snotty little sniffler, either a cold or allergies. Up to take some cold meds and headed back to bed.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Have you been tested?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    I was listening to America Ferrera talking on a podcast a day or so ago, and what really resonated with me was when she said her biggest lesson was that you have to learn "how to allocate the resource that is you".
    I love this. :D

My DDIL posted a wonderful video of the kids playing Jingle Bells this morning. Max is playing the piano, Bea is playing the violin, and Edie (who can play the cello) was doing the singing and performing.
    Oh my heart! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I adore the screenshot of Max, Edie, and Bea.
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, 10 min stroll w/Joe and dogs before nail trim
    Bonus: got Joe set up and new pharmacy, picked up rx, made pecan fudge, spiced rum balls and (failed) English Toffee,
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    18: Ask for help and let someone else discover the joy of giving. Joe and the Christmas lights and tree?

Stiffed the puppies today on play training and powerline, time crunch to nail trim appointment.

Probe failed on thermometer while making English toffee, but can’t blame candy failure on it, left the water out OOPS so the butter and sugar never completely cohered. Any suggestions, Debbie, KJ or others who make candy?

New thermometer ordered with two professional replacement probes and this is the 2nd time cheapo probes have failed. Kinda hope the replacement probes fit the other to thermometers as I like their design better for setting temp alarms.

Heather :love: your Buddha vision, and the Christmas Bingo card. This would have been fun to play at last week’s girls’ movie night, with some Americanization adjustments. Maybe next year ;) Truth in that poem. Thank you.
    Barbie “only joy and no disappointment” is due to your attitude as well as your choices. Bravissima. Thanks for sharing the morning lights.
    Macha I almost choked snorting my cocoa when “. . .the Tree is done” appeared. Think I’ll do that tomorrow to surprise Joe. :laugh: 2 tonnes of gravel? :nowah: Will you feed your bees the leatherwood honey?
    Karen Hallmark Christmas movie then falling back asleep sounds like just the rx! Had to goodle Dingo rings. Hmm…
    Lisa back on the elliptical as well as back to smiling. YAY! “. . .mouth-breathing, itchy-faced, snotty little sniffler…” Boo!. :sick: ((hugs))
    Annie what Lisa said about resetting and timing. 2 mins would be a good place to start and now would be the best time (says she who is 5000 steps below goal NOW.)
    Pip just :love: the Yogi pics He has such an expressive face.
    Allie it always amazes me how the sound of a dog getting ready to puke can rouse me from a deep sleep to standing, picking up dog, carrying to bathroom floor before eyes focused and without glasses.
    Katla sounds like you’re prepared to receive hard news about your 2009 computer. ((hugs))
    Mary ((hugs)) Parkinson’s is such a hard dx.
    Tracey so relieved to see your smiling face! Fingers X’d for the ultrasound. Can you set a time limit for listening to the needy friend? Like when she calls, say something like “I want to hear you but I have to leave the house at 3pm, Will that be enough time?” Really listening can be an exhausting gift to give, especially when the caller won’t take steps to help themselves. Boundaries are necessary for self-care. Read a book about effective listening, can’t remember the title or author, who recommended rephrasing what we hear in terms of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. It was really hard to do but could be effective if I could detach enough to keep my ego and emotional reactions out of the conversation.

Christmas cookie memories: making almond crescents and holiday nut balls with Mama. If I do nothing at Christmas I make a batch of each. It is important to me.

Lighter, lovelies!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/5a/f8qt1s098sxm.gif Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake but feel the need to go back to sleep for a bit.. its dark and gloomy and will get up in a bit,take my pills and feed Alfie he is snuggled under the covers too
    Why mess with a good thing
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Macha I almost choked snorting my cocoa when “. . .the Tree is done” appeared. Think I’ll do that tomorrow to surprise Joe. :laugh: 2 tonnes of gravel? :nowah: Will you feed your bees the leatherwood honey?
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

The leatherwood honey is for me!! It's my favourite. :)

M in Oz

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, great photo of your talented grands.

:)Tracey, I have headphones for my phone so I can listen and do something else while I'm on the phone---knit, walk, ride my exercise bike, pull weeds, change the sheets on my bed

Barbara, I am always sorry when I buy the cheap version of something, find it lacking, and then have to buy the more expensive one anyway.

:) Jake has found a source for firewood so he and a friend are going out to pick it up this morning.

:)Lisa, I hope you feel better soon.

:)Allie, stress and worry have always been huge causes of insomnia for me. Meditation (concentrating on my breathing) and light reading have been two good remedies.

:) I plan to make time today to ride my exercise bike while knitting and watching a Hallmark Christmas movie....this is a recipe for a great day.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    9i03npe6ck91.jpeg
    nrc1xhl2i4u8.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I woke up this morning and came down stairs looking for coffee. It has finished brewing and I will take a carafe upstairs to DH momentarily. When I came down I had the enjoyment of watching the lights on our Christmas tree fading from one group of colors to the next. <3 I finished decorating the tree last night. At this point I have no plans for the day. Waking up and drinking coffee will get me started.

Katla in NW Oregon

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,058 Member
    Options
    I just had a cup of green tea which will likely keep me awake tonight, but I can convince myself that it won't this time because it really is a small dose of caffeine, and because I want that energy boost. I don't even have anything active I need to do, just some reading, but I feel so sluggish when it's grey out. Ok, I will force myself to do that two minutes on the elliptical. That might enhance the caffeine benefits. With some rock and roll music!

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,058 Member
    Options
    Ok I did two minutes! I think that's about right for me because I am huffing and I could feel it in my right knee but it's gone now that I've stopped.

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    😍😉
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    so2s8d4zapcj.jpg
    quoel0fa1sjb.jpg
    💖🎄🎶🎵😁👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Allie – You are not the only one who starts over with a knitting or crocheting project. I finished my recent baby blanket and gave it to our daughter in law for our youngest grandson. He is now a month & four days old. :heart:

Rebecca – The two-story artificial tree is magical. Our daughter in law has had that one for many years. This year she acquired two more artificial trees. Both were being given away by the previous owners. One tree went into the TV room and the other went into our grandson’s room. Congratulations on the new friendship with your neighbor! :smiley:

Meg – Sorry to hear that a member of the band you hired to celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary passed away. On a happier note, congrats on your Amtrak trip. It sounds like wonderful fun.

(((Rori))) – I think of you often. Tears are valuable and a part of healing. The variety of activities you are participating in seem very good. :heart:

My doctor’s appointment last week went well. The knee is still a little bit grumpy, but the doctor encouraged me to return to my yoga classes. I plan to do just that as a personal New Year’s resolution. I’ll be looking for ways to get healthier and have fun.

Today is Saturday. The weather outside is chilly and damp. It makes being inside feel very cozy. Yesterday I spent much of the day decorating for Christmas. I had already brought our potted Alberta Spruce tree into the garage to acclimatize day before yesterday. Yesterday I brought the tree into the house and spent the evening putting ornaments on it. I am very pleased with how well it turned out. Today I plan to try out our Christmas Tree skirt to see if it is usable in the tree’s location. I’m not sure that it will work out as I imagined. If the tree skirt doesn't workout I will leave things as they are now.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, 10 min stroll w/Joe and dogs before nail trim
    Bonus: got Joe set up and new pharmacy, picked up rx, made pecan fudge, spiced rum balls and (failed) English Toffee,
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    18: Ask for help and let someone else discover the joy of giving. Joe and the Christmas lights and tree?

Stiffed the puppies today on play training and powerline, time crunch to nail trim appointment.

Probe failed on thermometer while making English toffee, but can’t blame candy failure on it, left the water out OOPS so the butter and sugar never completely cohered. Any suggestions, Debbie, KJ or others who make candy?

New thermometer ordered with two professional replacement probes and this is the 2nd time cheapo probes have failed. Kinda hope the replacement probes fit the other to thermometers as I like their design better for setting temp alarms.

Heather :love: your Buddha vision, and the Christmas Bingo card. This would have been fun to play at last week’s girls’ movie night, with some Americanization adjustments. Maybe next year ;) Truth in that poem. Thank you.
    Barbie “only joy and no disappointment” is due to your attitude as well as your choices. Bravissima. Thanks for sharing the morning lights.
    Karen Hallmark Christmas movie then falling back asleep sounds like just the rx! Had to goodle Dingo rings. Hmm…
    Lisa back on the elliptical as well as back to smiling. YAY! “. . .mouth-breathing, itchy-faced, snotty little sniffler…” Boo!. :sick: ((hugs))
    Annie what Lisa said about resetting and timing. 2 mins would be a good place to start and now would be the best time (says she who is 5000 steps below goal NOW.)
    Pip just :love: the Yogi pics He has such an expressive face.
    Allie it always amazes me how the sound of a dog getting ready to puke can rouse me from a deep sleep to standing, picking up dog, carrying to bathroom floor before eyes focused and without glasses.
    Katla sounds like you’re prepared to receive hard news about your 2009 computer. ((hugs))
    Mary ((hugs)) Parkinson’s is such a hard dx.
    Tracey so relieved to see your smiling face! Fingers X’d for the ultrasound. Can you set a time limit for listening to the needy friend? Like when she calls, say something like “I want to hear you but I have to leave the house at 3pm, Will that be enough time?” Really listening can be an exhausting gift to give, especially when the caller won’t take steps to help themselves. Boundaries are necessary for self-care. Read a book about effective listening, can’t remember the title or author, who recommended rephrasing what we hear in terms of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. It was really hard to do but could be effective if I could detach enough to keep my ego and emotional reactions out of the conversation.

Christmas cookie memories: making almond crescents and holiday nut balls with Mama. If I do nothing at Christmas I make a batch of each. It is important to me.

Lighter, lovelies!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/5a/f8qt1s098sxm.gif Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

The recipes I use are just simple ones-no temp checks-
    The cracker toffee is just butter and brown sugar, bring to a boil for 3 min, pour over the laid out crackers , bake five minutes, sprinkle with choc. chips, spread while hot then sprinkle with chopped nuts- that is it.
    It is called Cracker Crack- so simple but so good.
    The caramel corn is basically the same start but it does have corn syrup and baking soda added after you take it off the heat(and before you pour over the popcorn- that one takes an hour to bake on low.
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tracey & Michele ~ Your ceramics are so pretty and so well done!

Heather ~ Love the photo of the grands coming together to play and sing. Very talented little ones.

Carol
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Cold and cloudy this morning. We are waiting for the guys who are moving out the old mobile home to come by with a contract. They said they would be here Saturday morning but there are some language difficulties. English is not this guy's first language and it has been a very long time since I worked on my Spanish. But hopefully we get everything settled and the mobile will depart in January. He told me they will have to remove some branches from a tree and take out part of one of our fences which they will then replace. I was however not understanding which tree and which fence so hopefully he can show me.

Lisa - sorry you are not feeling well.

Tracy - looks as if you have been having fun.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA