• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :)
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 100 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Rebecca, I may have used the wrong terminology. By cache I meant I cleaned out my history as I find my computer sometimes accumulates too much as I play a lot of games.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 44min 29sec, 63elev, 3.20ap, 83ahr, 105mhr 5.59mi= 539c
    Strava app= 675c
    Walk to gym- 9.27min .52mi= 50c
    Strava app= 64c
    Elliptical machine- 32min 3-4incline, 2 resistance, 123ahr, 137mhr 2.61mi= 275c
    Walk gym to home- 10.19min, and rake front entry and patio, .53mi= 87c
    Strava app= 65c

Total cal 951
  • pipcd34
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Monday: BP, SWSY, dogs to powerline. Tues: BP, dogs to powerline twice.
    Bonus: Monday: cooking marathon including megavegprep, spicy maple pecans and (KJ’s adult) salted caramel fudge. Tues: 40 mins vacuuming, started one load laundry, called Corner Drug and eye Dr re: Joe’s rx, Stout Mountain Railway and Chetco with T, gas.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December
    14: Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Rail memories and gratitude for Papa and Mama with T.
    15: Contact an older neighbor and brighten their day.

Debbie Always impressed by your treat making weekends. I couldn’t accomplish that much in a month! Sorry to hear your mum’s hurting.

Continuing Magic Hand and Shadow is getting really good at catching the kibble as it drops, Tumble not so much. They both have started initiating play, Shadow with a tennis ball, and Tumble with a squeaky tug dolly. We are cautiously optimistic about Shadow's leg, she’s been 24 hours without the ComfyCone and so far so good.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    giik78p2lt4m.gif

Thanks for commenting on my post- It would be nice to take my time and take a whole month to do all we wanted to but, I only had the three days to get it all done. I would have loved to bake some cookies too. I may bake some after the holidays. I did end up making two batches of fudge(mocha and mocha almond) and a batch of chocolate covered cherries(using dried cherries) last night. I will start packing the packages this morning. Hope to have the boxes that need to be shipped to Indiana to former hubby and his parents and brother packed tonight, shipping them tomorrow. I wish the priority boxes wouldn't keep getting smaller(and prices going up) may have to ship two to him to fit all of it in. It is really fun to make because I know how much everyone appreciates it.

6bii3oi6ifeg.png

This is from the first nights pictures.

5r4e09pilnd0.png

This is with most of the stuff done- I did make two more batches of the caramel corn after this picture was taken. The nut can is filled with nut clusters(easy way to pack and take them home)

Mom is having a lot of pain in her knees- she has been doing some injections, super strict(I mean SUPER strict diet- an anti-inflamitory diet which is no grains, no caffeine, no veggies in the night shade family like tomatoes,potatoes, eggplant). She is wearing these big braces too. All this because she doesn't want to go in for knee replacement but this treatment doesn't seem to really be working so she may have to go get the surgery done.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Ooooooo, I want some
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    ☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    CarolGaGal wrote: »
    Rebecca, I may have used the wrong terminology. By cache I meant I cleaned out my history as I find my computer sometimes accumulates too much as I play a lot of games.

Carol in GA

Ah, gotcha, I clean my cookies too. From the "beginning of time" sometimes. But I don't auto sign out of them. So I still keep some history.👍🙃
    Rebecca
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    CarolGaGal wrote: »
    I'm having a feel sorry for yourself day....Christmas seems to do that sometimes. A little weepy! Growing up there were so many times when I had to live through this with my mom that I am determined not to carry on that sad tradition. I will put my big girl panties on and move on.

Carol in GA

Kind of in the same place this evening, Carol. Hope you find your big girl panties, dear heart, and hope your Christmas turns out wonderful. You deserve that, you know.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    nkm0dwnf818x.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Lovely afternoon, Tracy has her afghan.. and nursing pads..Carmine feeling a bit off from the vaccine she gor Pfizer felt a little nauseous.. but couldnt have been to bad was eating an everything bagel with cream cheese..
    I heard Philadelphia Brand cream cheese is paying people 20.00 not to buy cream cheese for the holidays because there is a shortage..
    Tomorrow I pick up a grocery order from Walmart.. and hopefully stop up to ser my brother. And Homer before his trip to Florida
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, If you liked the yarn you bought for your grandson's blanket, you can order more of that kind but in any color you choose.

<3Carol sending hugs to you.

:) Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Worked, then realized that the shoes I had were not what I wanted, so I went to two shoes stores, they didn’t carry the brands I was looking for (need something with a wide front) so finally went to Hamricks where I got something plus a bra at a price that I was willing to pay. Got dinner ready to microwave and cut up the chocolate rice krispie bars. Called a friend (the one from bowling last night) to ask if they’d like to spend Christmas eve with us since they aren’t going to have any family. Maybe that’ll get me out of my “funk”

M – that’s so terrible. Jess has had very high winds in Iowa (even tho right now she’s in Colorado). Something like 30mph.

Terri – beautiful lights

Carol – even if MFP doesn’t know who you are, we do and we still love you (can’t say that for MFP)

Rebecca – (((HUG)))

Lisa – thanks for the reminder that it’s many times the little things we do that mean so very much. You never know what people’s story is.

Put the popcorn on the last of the trees. Now Vince is working on putting the train under the tree.

BTW - the friend I invited for Christmas Eve is coming. I just hope I have enough food. I'm going to buy lobster bisque, we will have shrimp, crab cakes (have 7 made for the 5 of us), haddock which I'll cut in half since it's so large so that'll be 8 pieces for the 4 of us, pierogi (she's making some too), mashed potatoes and carrots, I made a pumpkin raisin bread, for dessert I made chocolate Rice Krispie bars, chocolate chip cookies, I'll make a chocolate cream dessert and an apple pie. We'll have tea and I'll buy some coffee in case they drink coffee. This was last minute so we'll just have what we have. Wonder if I should buy something else? What do you all think?

Michele NC
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hotwire77 wrote: »
    Hi all! New here today as the doctor says I need to lose weight and reduce my glucose levels. Getting a knee replacement soon so no exercising until Spring probably. Hopefully I can made some changes using diet only.
    Kittymom
    . ...Hi there, a family member was in the same boat and we suggested sit and be fit.They were just shrugging it off. After another health scare she is now participating and it is awesome. I just wish she would have been willing to participate several years ago. Seriously, look into it it is on PBS and tons of episodes on you tube. BW M

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie - You are correct. I have bought most of my yarn from the same company and been very happy. I haven't settled on a new project.

I have been most frustrated with getting into this group discussion on a regular basis. The women here are important to me. I have been feeling stupid since this change came along. I have never been a stupid woman, but I have been frustrated as I try to connect up with this group of good friends.

Katla
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Michelle- good heavens thats more than enough..
    Fell asleep for about an hour and a half and now im awake .. honestly its rediculous..
    Im going to try and get back to sleep
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I am gradually decorating our house for Christmas. Some of my favorite ornaments are in plain view today, and they are making me feel happy. There is a paper Father Christmas that my daughter made for me more than 20 years ago. Her Father Christmas is still beautiful and in good condition. I love putting it out for display. Our Christmas tree will be coming into the living room in the next day or so. It is a an Alberta Spruce and is a living tree. It has come into our home as our Christmas tree for several years. It lives in our flower bed in its comfortable pot the rest of the year.

I finished knitting a baby blanket for my newest grandson and I enjoyed seeing his mom use it with him. I'm getting restless. I will be ordering yarn for a new project as soon as I can. I like knitting something that keeps the recipient warm. I’ve made many baby blankets. I have made an afghan in the past. It is a lovely cover for a person wanting to take a nap. It may be a good project. I’ve also thought of lap robes. Suggestions okay.

Katla
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Yup me again almost midnight here and still awake took more melatonin and some tylenol hoping that will do the trick