WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Barbara thanks for the imput. The vets here are swamped too. I have gotten some names, but have yet to call. I want to go to the appointment I have and get another reading of her blood work. I have heard that about chicken too. At least she has her appetite back. I did just read stress can make a dog lose its appetite. It can do that to people too!

We are in for a big changes in weather. We will go from 50's to high 20's tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't freeze up sidewalks and roads.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Back from dropping Carmine at school..geesh what a sour puss.. those teen years are rough but i dont think i was ever as snarky to my grandparents as she is.. oh well..
    Had to stop at the store to get distilled water, i have more in my grocery order for Friday.
    Stopped and got Homer out and am homr for the day.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Monday: BP, SWSY, dogs to powerline. Tues: BP, dogs to powerline twice.
    Bonus: Monday: cooking marathon including megavegprep, spicy maple pecans and (KJ’s adult) salted caramel fudge. Tues: 40 mins vacuuming, started one load laundry, called Corner Drug and eye Dr re: Joe’s rx, Stout Mountain Railway and Chetco with T, gas.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December
    14: Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Rail memories and gratitude for Papa and Mama with T.
    15: Contact an older neighbor and brighten their day.

This is for Katla and Rita and everyone else who suffers from seasonal darkness, a little light to brighten your evening ;) It’s a FB watch so hope you can see it. https://fb.watch/9Tcc5_qTqs/

Macha :love: both your glasses, the bronze to blend with your hair, the teal to bring out the sparkle in your eye. Well done! Sounds like two doggoned many meetings and brush fires. The Lockdown Passport made me laugh out loud.
    Lisa sounds like your mom was both resourceful and effective.
    Flea so glad your Fiji trip was just what you needed. Bless you for using your experience and resources to help those others. Well done!
    Meg welcome back! Hate mail for posting that her spouse died of C-19? I just don’t understand that. Your story of Aurora Boreal-mus and Bella Beagle remind me of my Pyewacket and George. Pyewacket could jump onto countertops and even open cabinet doors. One time he batted out a box of brown sugar and a bag of flour, which George promptly tracked all over the floors and furniture. Partners in crime!
    Vicki so sorry for the loss of your friend. Fingers X’d the cardiac rehab brings your DH some relief. Good job signing up at the gym!
    Katla if you every want to sell that 1950’s aluminum tree, please pm me. I used to set it up even in the summer whenever I needed a spot of Christmas. Don’t know what happened to it but probably succumbed to one of Mama’s purging frenzies. Neither have I done any decorating, and so far have only made one batch of fudge and one of spicy maple pecans. Can I blame the pandemic for eroding my energy and enthusiasm?
    Pip what is that owie on Yogi’s nose?
    Allie afraid you’ll be shocked at the cost of a sheet of plywood, but it is a good idea.
    Sue agree those suffers of KJ are nutz.
    Debbie Always impressed by your treat making weekends. I couldn’t accomplish that much in a month! Sorry to hear your mum’s hurting.
    Tina gorgeous pics, especially the infinity pool to ocean.
    Michele :cry:
    Kim great to hear from you. :love: your “…building future help” approach.
    Terri Bravissima! I am so beyond happy for you.
    Margaret my friend T was telling me about a friend whose pup wasn’t doing well on the chicken and rice regime prescribed by her vet. She changed vets who told her not all dogs can tolerate chicken, so switch to pumpkin and very lean hamburger. Pup turned the corner and thrived. That was back in the day when you could change vets relatively easily. Neither of the vet clinics in our town are accepting new patients at all. :cry: Not sure there is anything you can say, but maybe take her out for a coffee or a walk and let her talk?
    Rebecca I can just hear the laughter from your wreath memories.
    KJ a month long Amtrak National Parks tour sounds wonderful!
    Rori ((hugs))
    Heather hope you avoid the runny tummies :sick: Your “due to personal reasons…” meme made me laugh out loud too! I wish I’d been able to see some family resemblances or mannerisms when I met bio mum and two half sisters, but alas, no click of recognition. Can understand Johnny. Hesitate to do the DNA thing as if my guess as to biosire is correct, he was married and had four daughters already when I was conceived. I doubt I was the only by blow and cannot imagine his surviving daughters being thrilled to meet “…yet another”. They all take after their mother, so maybe those resemblances I wanted were to him. ;}
    Karen, not a snake oil salesman at all. CBD helps some, not others. Every body’s different.
    Welcome @hotwire77 Kittymom! There are chair/upperbody exercises you can do to help your metabolism while you wait for knee surgery, but healthy eating is the first and most important piece. Good luck!

Continuing Magic Hand and Shadow is getting really good at catching the kibble as it drops, Tumble not so much. They both have started initiating play, Shadow with a tennis ball, and Tumble with a squeaky tug dolly. We are cautiously optimistic about Shadow's leg, she’s been 24 hours without the ComfyCone and so far so good.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    giik78p2lt4m.gif

I dunno, was there now it’s gone. That’s an old pic
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    tmbpbyl3s4r2.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Allie – Glad to hear that you’re back on track with your afghan. I have unraveled and redone knitting and/or crocheting over the years. In the end, it worked. I worked, too, and didn’t give up until I was satisfied and finished.

Meg - The Amtrak adventure sounds like good fun. :star:

Rori – It is good to see your post. :heart:

Karen in VA – We used CBD oil with our sweet old dog. It did a good job of easing his pain. He also had pain medicine from the veterinarian. Our dog has passed away and we still miss him. We’ll be looking for another pup in the coming months.

Barbie – I have written down the measurements for the larger Project Linus blankets. I like to see and feel the yarn before I choose to buy it. I like Lion Brand Homespun and have used it often enough that I feel comfortable to order yarn directly from them.

Michele - I apparently made a mistake on the identity of the person going to Kentucky. :embarassed:

Kittymom – Welcome to a great group.

Barbara – Thanks you for the lights! They were lovely. :bigsmile:

Heather – Johnny is a wonderful man and an active grandfather to your grandchildren. You and he have created an excellent life together. The grandchildren are benefitting from knowing him. :flowerforyou:

Pip - We have two terratrykes in our garage that are set on blocks at the front and a rear wheel trainer on the back. I use mine. DH’s is unused.

We are having a rainy day today. I plan one outdoor task. I will bring the living Alberta Spruce into the garage to acclimatize so that I can bring it into the house for decorating. We will likely keep it in for a week or two, and then slowly transition it back outside.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Monday: BP, SWSY, dogs to powerline. Tues: BP, dogs to powerline twice.
    Bonus: Monday: cooking marathon including megavegprep, spicy maple pecans and (KJ’s adult) salted caramel fudge. Tues: 40 mins vacuuming, started one load laundry, called Corner Drug and eye Dr re: Joe’s rx, Stout Mountain Railway and Chetco with T, gas.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December
    14: Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Rail memories and gratitude for Papa and Mama with T.
    15: Contact an older neighbor and brighten their day.

Debbie Always impressed by your treat making weekends. I couldn’t accomplish that much in a month! Sorry to hear your mum’s hurting.

Continuing Magic Hand and Shadow is getting really good at catching the kibble as it drops, Tumble not so much. They both have started initiating play, Shadow with a tennis ball, and Tumble with a squeaky tug dolly. We are cautiously optimistic about Shadow's leg, she’s been 24 hours without the ComfyCone and so far so good.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    giik78p2lt4m.gif

Thanks for commenting on my post- It would be nice to take my time and take a whole month to do all we wanted to but, I only had the three days to get it all done. I would have loved to bake some cookies too. I may bake some after the holidays. I did end up making two batches of fudge(mocha and mocha almond) and a batch of chocolate covered cherries(using dried cherries) last night. I will start packing the packages this morning. Hope to have the boxes that need to be shipped to Indiana to former hubby and his parents and brother packed tonight, shipping them tomorrow. I wish the priority boxes wouldn't keep getting smaller(and prices going up) may have to ship two to him to fit all of it in. It is really fun to make because I know how much everyone appreciates it.

6bii3oi6ifeg.png

This is from the first nights pictures.

5r4e09pilnd0.png

This is with most of the stuff done- I did make two more batches of the caramel corn after this picture was taken. The nut can is filled with nut clusters(easy way to pack and take them home)

Mom is having a lot of pain in her knees- she has been doing some injections, super strict(I mean SUPER strict diet- an anti-inflamitory diet which is no grains, no caffeine, no veggies in the night shade family like tomatoes,potatoes, eggplant). She is wearing these big braces too. All this because she doesn't want to go in for knee replacement but this treatment doesn't seem to really be working so she may have to go get the surgery done.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Rori--HUGS!!

Heather--WOW! I agree that would be interesting and a shock to see someone that looks so much like DH and find out it is DS's son.

Karen--How much CBD oil do you use for your furbaby? I got some for our pug and it seems to just make his whinning and barking worse and he paces. The bottle said .25 per ten pounds.

They are calling for high winds (70+) this afternoon and evening. A long with rain. The weather this year has been crazy. I am off at 3:30 so will go home and stay in for the night.

Our ODS is packing up their house today and going to park the trucks in the driveway of the new house. I am just glad it is them and not me. We are going to puppy sit until they get stuff moved in, a couple days. I just pray it all works out for them and only 10 miles a way, so not like I can't drive over there.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Well husband broke his frames this morning. The metal was starting to thin, and he did say the other day that they felt iffy. So now he's wearing frames from eons ago. His prescription is a wee bit different, but he was able to get an appointment for tomorrow at an eyeglass office. Its been so long he needs to have the prescription updated anyway. So now he looks like a stranger! He says he looks like a Michael Caine, which he kinda does!
    Today I'm sharing with husband the second tray of little mini pastry hot dog things we had last football game! Navy beat Army by the way 17-13. 💖👍⚓
    More cards to be done!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • GodMomKim
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    Not even 1:00 pm and dark and cloudy out. I need the lights on in the house. Trying to get some housework done today and have vegetable beef soup in the crockpot for tonight.

Lisa - got to love those cat alarms. A couple of weeks ago mine went flying off the bed into the bathroom chasing a mouse. She didn't kill it just wanted to play. I was awake the rest of the night wondering where on earth that thing was.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Debbie -- your treats look beautiful and delicious. I am impressed you can get so much done in such a short amount of time.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Debbie: those bakes are awesome.

☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Margaret – Sending good thoughts for Drew. I am glad to see that she is doing better and eating again. You are a wise pet owner, “Just like for us diet, exercise, rest, and a calm atmosphere are sometimes the best treatment.” I agree with you.

Rebecca – I hope your neighbor turns out to become a good friend.

Meg – Your Amtrak trip sounds like wonderful fun. I am sorry to hear that a band member lost his life to coVid.

Rori - I am happy to know that you have started attending church in person with everyone masked. It seems very good that you’re active, going to football games, and participating in a variety of activities. YAY! :heart:

Yesterday I had a medical appointment and have been pronounced good to go. :bigsmile:

I have been planning to use my living Alberta Spruce tree as our Christmas tree. It is in the garage acclimatizing to being indoors for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to decorating it.

Katla in rainy NW Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1207906t5ef8adzuh.gif
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    This is me, every day. :p
    xhvlrkvelghn.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Love this!!! Thank you Heather for sharing.

Cheri
  • GodMomKim
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I am so made up this month.

My aim for 2021 was to get under 150 lbs and stay there. I am currently hovering around 137, which is 90 lbs down on my MFP starting weight in 2015, and just a few lbs above what I weighed when I was married 55 years ago at the age of 20.

I am beyond happy with that.

Age is no barrier to weight loss!

Congratulations!!! :)