• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Are you OK? <3

Hugs for all those with Christmas blues. ((( <3 ))) ((( <3 ))) ((( <3 )))
    When I feel like that I allow myself to have a really good wallow. Not for long, but it seems to help to lower myself into the depths for a while. "Better out than in." <3

I'm feeling huge relief that we are having a really low key Christmas. And there is no guarantee that our Christmas Eve with the grandchildren will happen with the Omicron buzzing round. The whole country seems to be holding its breath. I'm not worried for my own health, as I am triple jabbed, but plans are getting cancelled all around. I feel sorry for DH's daughters, especially the one in France.
    All I've got to do is wrap the grandchildren 's presents and DH's stocking presents.
    Today DH is going to make homemade marzipan for his cake. :p Must check we have everything.

Lisa - I love your poem. I'm in the middle of writing one about my old lover that died this year. I've been thinking about him these last few days. This week the radio is broadcasting a biography of Seamus Heaney every morning. It so reminds me of my friend. He was a brilliant poet, with a huge charisma and a wonderful, scientific mind. This is what he said about his gathering dementia.

I'm not afraid of it, not much, not yet,
    but I can feel it coming, the dawning dark,
    wisps of altostratus that subdue the sun.

Rori - Why does it take the brilliant? Hugs for you.

Must get up and take DH his cup of tea. It's still pitch black.
    Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Who was pleased to get a Christmas card from another old lover yesterday. I was thinking he was dead as well, but he is still alive and kicking in his 80s. Still doing a bit of work as a psychotherapist.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie - You are correct. I have bought most of my yarn from the same company and been very happy. I haven't settled on a new project.

I have been most frustrated with getting into this group discussion on a regular basis. The women here are important to me. I have been feeling stupid since this change came along. I have never been a stupid woman, but I have been frustrated as I try to connect up with this group of good friends.

Katla

We might be able to help you if you could describe the problems you're having. :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, BB&B, dogs to powerline, set up Joe’s rx account, fold, hang and put away one load of laundry.
    Bonus: veg prep, typed and emailed hymns, called eye Dr tech re Simbrinza rx, got out Christmas Tree lights, ground nuts and wafers for rum balls, cut and wrapped first batch of fudge.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    16: Look for something positive to say to everyone you speak to: Joe, Crystal, Shadow + Tumble ;).
    17: Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Joe attitude and helpfulness. T honest feedback and making effort to get me out. C Skye blanket. M phone call.

While Tumble is still improving at Magic Hand, actually catching the kibble as it dropped a couple of times, Shadow seems bored with this game. Time to try a new one to “catch” her interest ;).

Tina Oops! Bon voyage when you do go.
    Terri thanks for sharing the pics of your garden Christmas lights and view. They lifted my heart. Joe and I considered putting a few lights out but the rain and age of our outdoor lights deterred us. He suggested we string around inside the windows instead and that’s what we’ll do Friday afternoon.
    Allie praying all’s well with Tracy and the baby.
    Katla lifting and ladders, not my favorite combination. Please be careful!
    Lisa thank you for the poem. Misting up.
    Carol, do you let your browser “remember” your login and password? It’s ok to be sad, but I hope there’s a silly saying or pic on your big girl panties when you find them, to make you smile.
    Rebecca what Terri said about you and your neighbor’s tree. The downside of loving your sons so much is missing them when they move on. ((hugs))
    Michele I think you have a feast prepared. Only thing missing is a fresh green salad. ;)
    Welcome @tufntender and thanks for sharing your family member’s experience with sit and be fit.
    Katla I hear your frustration getting to this thread easily. PM me if you’d like to chat, maybe I could help. You are important to us and missed when absent.
    Heather Bravissima on starting your next book. “…allow myself to have a really good wallow…” me too. Been feeling like I need a really good, sloppy, cry. Hard to do with Joe always home. Maybe tomorrow when he goes in for blood work I can put on some sad music and get it out of my system.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    c7lret0n0vri.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well morning ladies
    Very restless night my watch gives me 56 score for sleeping.. thats not good .. oh well..
    I can't believe a week from today is Christmas eve..
    How time flies..
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Allie - BINGO!!! :p 😜

Lisa - This week has been a poetry writing week. Will share one later when I've fiddled with it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, You have plenty of food. Somewhere I read that the key to a good dinner party was not what you put on the table, but what you put in the chairs. You are a great host and everyone will have a great time.

:)Katla, the longest journey starts with a single step--or in the case of knitting, a single stitch. Just choose something. What I like about knitting for Project Linus is that no matter what size, color, or pattern I choose, there will be someone out there who will like it. Don't overthink.

:)Heather, Your run sounds great. You have such a delightful neighborhood.

:) For most of my life, I did a lot for Christmas--decorating, sending cards, baking, parties. I have done less and less each year until when I moved to Washington, my only Christmas celebration was participating in holiday dance performances at nursing homes and teaching an all holiday music dance class. Now that I'm not dancing, Christmas is only walking twice a day to enjoy the lights on the houses and in the yards of my neighbors. It is only joy and no disappointment.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    😴👽🌵☃️
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Well it is Friday and I am doing a happy dance. I have the weekend off and the plan is to try and make my grandmother's spritz cookies tomorrow. Have not made them in years so will see how it works out.
    Have a Christmas supper party tomorrow night for one of our motorcycle groups and then church on Sunday.

Have a great time and enjoy the weekend.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Heather - love that! We contain multitudes, as Walt Whitman once said. I am so glad that you and Johnnie moved to Brighton. You've added a layer of joy to your life that I didn't see a few years back while y'all lived in the country. When we're in the right place, the inspiration flows.

Karen - Yup - Waking up to big rattly noises is a shot of adrenaline.

Tracey - Hope all is OK, dear heart.

Bread's rising on the stove, laundry's ready to be swapped from washer to dryer.

I keep forgetting! Got to seven minutes on the elliptical on Wednesday and eight yesterday. Just easing back into it.

Later, y'all,
    So much love,
    Lisa
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Carol, Lisa, and Barbara, I've been feeling the blues. Sometimes hard to move move away from feeling sorry for myself. I think I need a few good solid weeps before I move on to better times. On a positive note, I am looking forward to Sunday. My oldest son is coming to visit and will be here until 12/29. Sweet!

Betsy in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I am caught up with reading now.

Amazing poems.

Hugs to Carol and Lisa and everyone else who needs one.

Vicki, glad that horrible tornado dust storm winter storm wind storm weather mostly spared you. It was dangerous. I am giving my Yorkie a total of 6 drops a day of 250mg/oz CBD oil. The dog weighs 8 lbs. I think that is very close to the dose per lb you mentioned. I started with one drop a day and upped the dose until she seemed to be doing consistently great. I would say to decrease the dose and see how your doggy does.

Karen in Virginia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Heather I love your poem! Excellent!

My diet has fallen apart. I need a huge reset button.

Lisa that's great that you are on the elliptical again. I should join you but I would have to start at two minutes. Glad to hear your health is coming back!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    vcjfb0z1s7wa.jpeg