WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I would love to post a photo of a teddybear Angel but, to my embarrassment, I don’t know how. Advise would be wonderful. 😳
  • Katla49
    Options
    A list of steps might help.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,829 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays! 🎄☃️🎄🥰

RvRita
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas 🎄

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!

Celebrated Christmas Wed. and Thur. because DS works on Christmas. We had Turkey roasted from local store one night. We were going to go out for steaks second night but couldn't get a reservation until really late. It is a popular spot on a Hockey Game night. We opted for Indian instead. DS and I split the scrable wins. A low key celebration. I like it like that.

Took Drew to son's house yesterday because neighbor called and said a coyote ran up our street. Thinking it would be safer at son's I took her over there. When I let her go in the fenced in back yard she started barking. A rarity for her. She had corned an oposum. Fortunately I got her away from the critter before any damage done. It is true they really do play dead to escape a dangerous encounter. I have seen possum in our yard which doesn't surprise me because we are so close to a park. I was a bit surprised to see one in son's yard.

Drew is still anemic but her hemogoblin count did go up. Her weight stayed stable. I made another appointment in a month to check it again. Still do not think it is ulcers. I quit giving her the medicine that made her throw up and constipated her for three days. I am adding eggs and bone broth to her diet. Also I am keeping her stress levels lower.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas ladies
    Been a busy morning... went up to Trudys for breakfast and had a very very small Creamsicle mimosa a small piece of quiche and some hash brown casserole.. then went to my daughters house to watch Carmine Tracy and Kyle open presents.. it was lovely..
    Carmine got some platform boots and sneakers and a bunch of clothes.. but what had me in tears is Kyle came out with a carved guitar that goes on the wall with Carmine carved in it and it has a battery pack that you can switch on that backlights it..
    I know how hard it is for them both to deal with this and the fact that he did that on his own is precious..
    Tracy got Kyle. Timberland boots ,a record player socks,clippers to cut his hair ,and some albums..Kyle got Tracy nursing bras and a nursing nightgown..
    And they got me the most cozy fuzzy jacket with a hood its like sherpa .. and its white and beautiful.. it doesn't have buttons but thats ok ..
    Im going up to Sean and Jeans later.. going to take a nap first.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Sue - A white Christmas seems magical. Merry Christmas to you! 🎄

Its a white Christmas Day here too, huge and Merry Christmas sweet friend!💖❄🙏❄⛄🎄🎶🎵🎁
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, rx
    Bonus: 1 load laundry, changed linens, 30 mins vacuuming and dusting, trimmed tree.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December.
    25: Treat everyone with kindness today, including yourself.

Joe volunteered to take the dogs down to the powerline again! Now why didn’t I go with them? SMH.
    Lisa four days alone with Corey sounds like just the restorative grounding needed. Glad your daughter and grands can be safe with you both. Hard situation.
    Heather :love: Princess Bea’s party dress w/cloak! “White Christmas” is one of my very favorites.
    Carol :love: your GD’s Christmas dress and leopard shoes. The grumpy cat made me smile.
    Katla would you share a pic of the teddy bear angel?
    Rebecca “let it snow” snorting my water! :laughing:
    Pip:love: you and Kirby, and Yogi too of course.
    Tracey it’s a cycle, walking makes him feel better which makes him feel like walking. Same with me, when I’m stiff and achy and don’t want to move, I try to remind myself that motion is lotion, and sometimes it works. Really hope your holiday is pain free.
    Machka had to read your update twice, at first I saw “… walked on the water…” :laugh:
    Flea really admire your ability to “have a chuckle” with your mom despite everything. You are an inspiration.
    Evelyn, Flea, Debbie and everyone who may get a White Christmas, pics please? Weatherman is predicting a snowy rainy mix here but not ‘til early Sunday morning, then off and on again for the next few days. Somehow the prospect of slushy mud makes me really thankful not to have to leave the house.

Caught the last two thirds of “The Family Stone” and quite enjoyed it.

Rib roast is thawing, as is bacon for the roasted Brussels sprouts with dried cranberries and spicy pecans. Baked potatoes and salad will round out the feast. Contemplating Christmas cookies and eggnog for breakfast :laugh:.

Warmest winter holiday wishes to you all, dear friends.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    l39hc9d5obdj.gif

Yes!! Snorting water was my goal!!! I'm a wee bit mischievous this Christmas! Hugs friend!💖❄⛄🎶🎵🎁🎉
  • Katla49
    Options
    I need a teacher. I don’t know how to upload the Teddybear Angel. Help will be appreciated.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Katla Are the photos on your phone or on your computer? Do you want to use your phone or your computer to post the photos? How to post photos depends on the answers to those questions.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    We had a big meal with my cousin last night and another big one with my aunt this morning. Ham and sweet potato and my favorite pineapple stuffing. So good! Now I'm all ready for my new year diet push! As soon as I eat my Christmas chocolate! Merry Christmas to all you lovely ladies who celebrate!
  • Katla49
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Barbie,

The photos of the teddybear angels are on my phone. I have one on the top of the Christmas Tree and one on the counter. Advice would be helpful. At this time I am using my computer to reach out for guidance but the photos are on my phone.

Katla
  • Katla49
    Options
    I texted a photo to you a few minutes ago. I haven't done this kind of thing before.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    We have a warm Texas Christmas. 83 right now, I feel like I am in Tasmania!
    Carol and Lisa, your grandchildren are beautiful. Mine are mostly grown so have no pictures.
    Barbara I. Tried to make the day fun by not being sad myself. Last night at Christmas Eve service a grandmother, her daughter, and the grandkids who were sitting in front of us all linked arms and sang. It brought tears to my eyes because I remember those days.
    Our son is better but now another son has COVID. They believe it’s is the new version because it is more like a hear cold and low fever. They have 4 kids and two have gotten it so far. Guess we won’t see them for another week or two.
    Been trying to set up my new. Apple Watch all day. I think technology has passed me by!
    So blessed to have all of you in my life. Happy Christmas
    SueBDew in. TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Katlado you know how to email a photo to yourself from your phone?
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Ladies!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    We had about 1.5 to 2 inches of snow this morning but current temp is 35* and it has been melting. Now it has started snowing again. Supposed to snow all afternoon. DD and I have had a lovely quiet morning and are looking forward to the rest of the day. DD got us a jigsaw puzzle that makes a QR code. When you get the puzzle completed you take a picture and send it in. You can win anywhere between $.25 and $1,000,000. Bet I know what we will win.

Sue - so sorry about your interupted celebrations. Sometimes it seems things just do not work in our favor.

Everyone have a wonderful day, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Lovely day went up to Sean and Jeans for about an hour and a half.. didnt eat dinner.. just had a few cocktail shrimp and some gingerale..
    Im home and tucked in with Alfie.. I did take him up to play with Buddy there dog..
    It was good to see them..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie,

The photos of the teddybear angels are on my phone. I have one on the top of the Christmas Tree and one on the counter. Advice would be helpful. At this time I am using my computer to reach out for guidance but the photos are on my phone.

Katla

Can you move the photos to your computer?

When you do, open the photo, right click, choose Copy or Copy Image, come here and Paste.

7o4lwuqrt0c5.jpg

M in Oz