Going to leave

Options

Replies

• Looking2blittler
    Looking2blittler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Also - I like the way MFP makes you more aware of your intake vs outgo. It has really helped me to spend those calories more wisely, or up my exercise levels when I do make a bad choice.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I am going to give you the benefit of a doubt and assume that you were exaggerating about the amount of time it takes you to log your meals here. If you can't find what you are looking for on MFP, then you most likely are not going to find it elsewhere, as this site has an incredibly extensive food database.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I have a feeling you are using this as an excuse because you are not getting the results you want. If that is the case, you are going to find yourself in the same boat anywhere you go. You need to be willing to put forth the effort to make change happen, and if taking time out of your day to log your food is too much for you, then you don't want it bad enough.

Best of luck to you.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Why, op.. are we cross? I'll be your huckleberry.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Funny, I don't even see 1 logged meal in your diary!

Because it's too HAAAAARD! (<--- read in 13 year old voice)
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Why, op.. are we cross? I'll be your huckleberry.

If I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Please don't let the door hit you on the way out :flowerforyou:

^ THIS
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Funny, I don't even see 1 logged meal in your diary!

*headdesk*
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Been here two years and it takes me 10 minutes tops to log my food. & that's if I do come across bad entries on the search.

If you have the app on a smartphone, try scanning your items, much faster. :)
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the idea of passing the USDA at the end.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You have to search for the literal item. For example, if you want to find a tablespoon of white sugar don't search for tablespoon of white sugar, search for white sugar. Search for frozen broccoli by the literal package name. Not just frozen broccoli but <brand name> frozen broccoli spears or florets or chopped. If you do it the right way it's easy and not at all time consuming.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Um ok.
    kanyeshrug.gif
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It literally takes me 2mins to plan out my food for the next day, you are definitely doing something wrong. Try typing in whatever food you are looking for then add USDA at the end, this will bring up the USDA entry which is accurate.

EXCELLENT TIP!! THANK YOU!!

I agree, it's a great tip! I never thought of it!
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am 70 and using an android phone and have no problems. If I can do this you can. Great site bet you come back.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    if you have a smart phone you can scan the bar code on many items.

This and
    It takes me 10 minutes max. You are clearly doing something wrong.

This

Not sure why it is taking you so long to log your entires. Sorry that you did not have a good experience with site. Personally, this is the first logging system that has worked for me. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

Ditto.... I log as I go.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    60 minutes?

tumblr_lujcm8Ee3G1qhpehmo3_500.gif

I just logged an entire fictional days worth of meals. I also timed it... 58 seconds.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro.
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Something isn't right. If you log enough, your faves are saved. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to log in your food entries.
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It literally takes me 2mins to plan out my food for the next day, you are definitely doing something wrong. Try typing in whatever food you are looking for then add USDA at the end, this will bring up the USDA entry which is accurate.

EXCELLENT TIP!! THANK YOU!!

Thats if you search for it on Google. Anything I prepare that does not come with a nutrition label with all the calories, fat, carbs, protein, I search for on the internet. I understand that Calorieking.com has great nutrition info for just about anything. I search for carbs in an onion or calories in a tablespoon of butter and it all there on Google. I never rely on any of the nutrition info on this site unless it totally agrees with the label or the info I found very quickly on the web.

Nutrition info is readily available. Perhaps you are really just needing attention right now. And you're getting it!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    then go?
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    all these gifs are making me LOL :laugh: