Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Oh noooo…….
  • mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're leaving. I've come and gone too. I create recipes that I use alot and just clicks on those - my food entry takes maybe 4 minutes for the whole day.
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    I pre log my meals on the days I work. It takes me all of two or three minutes. Plus if you have a smart phone you can scan the bar code on many items.

THIS
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    OP is still active...

Attention seeking behavior

ALSO THIS
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    think that might just be an excuse to quit. sure theres more than one listing for a certain food, its not the end of the world and it certaintly shouldnt take an hour to log your dinner. but i guess if you want to leave you can use any excuse you'd like. just sayin.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    OP is still active...

Op might have just left it active... you know because it takes so long to deactivate an account on here...

I think I am going to deactivate because it is taking too long to deactivate

It's all just so much to deal with.

The thinking about deactivating, the planning to deactivate, the posting about deactivating . . . whew!

I'm *yawn, stretch* tired just thinking about it.

Nap time.

h42638F05_zps19f8e976.gif
  • sandikegz
    Options
    I've never really had any trouble finding foods in the charts, and once you log it...if you have it again its so easy. Good luck to you...quitters never win!!!
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Is it really necessary to let everyone know you are leaving? No biggie. If you're not happy, just go. No need for a big fairwell speech.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I like this site, I really do....However, I just don't have the time it takes to wade though all of the wrong food entries just to find the one that matches what I have in my hand. It should NOT take 30 to 60 minutes to log each meal! It's just plain ridiculous, can people not read what's in front of them?!! How can there be 10 - 15 entries for the same exact item?? So I am off to hopefully find something else, maybe I'll just spend the money of a site that can keep a better nutrition chart, if there is one out there. If not then it just may be faster to make my own, at least then I'll know it's right.

Good luck everyone!
    ok bye but why weren't you entering your own food and then tagging them with your initials making them easier to find in the food chart ... :noway:
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I like this site, I really do....However, I just don't have the time it takes to wade though all of the wrong food entries just to find the one that matches what I have in my hand. It should NOT take 30 to 60 minutes to log each meal! It's just plain ridiculous, can people not read what's in front of them?!! How can there be 10 - 15 entries for the same exact item?? So I am off to hopefully find something else, maybe I'll just spend the money of a site that can keep a better nutrition chart, if there is one out there. If not then it just may be faster to make my own, at least then I'll know it's right.

Good luck everyone!

Ummmm, OK, bye. What is the point of these "I'm leaving" proclamations? If this site isn't for you then go. I hope you find what you're looking for, unless what you're looking for is people to beg you to stay. There are much better ways of drawing attention to yourself (if that's what you're into - & by this thread I would have to say that it is) than being a drama queen. Not everything is going to work for everybody, but there are plenty of other sites so you should be able to find something that better suits your needs...........
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    WOW! It never takes me that long to log all my food, vitamins, water, exercise. I have been logging in for 577 days straight now here too. It isn't going to be perfect. Just do the best you can is what I view it as when logging foods. If the calorie count is off a bit it really won't matter will it?
    I love MFP and so glad I found it Feb 2012!
  • Trisha_Williams
    Trisha_Williams Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just sounds like an excuse to me...
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I like this site, I really do....However, I just don't have the time it takes to wade though all of the wrong food entries just to find the one that matches what I have in my hand. It should NOT take 30 to 60 minutes to log each meal!
    You really like the site.....but you're leaving over wrong food entries? :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have to agree with the others - if it takes you that long to log a meal, you are doin' it wrong!

Just logged my 730th straight day this morning - 2 solid years of logging my meals, and not once has it every taken me 30-60 minutes to log a meal, even with creating a new recipe or entering new foods.

:drinker:
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ???? it only takes me like two minutes to log all the meals for the day!!!! Unless you're eating something that's weird and not easily found in stores. It is more than simple!!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

Good luck everyone!
    ok bye but why weren't you entering your own food and then tagging them with your initials making them easier to find in the food chart ... :noway:

Actually I HATE it that people like you feel the need to save personal food/recipes in the database. Please stop. Keep them to yourself. That does make searching more difficult.

There are indeed very stupid mistakes in the database (sometimes by members who are delusional) but it's not that hard to catch them. If you see an 8 oz ribeye steak for 150 calories, you just need to contemplate that for one second. Is it real? Sound too good to be true? Then it is; look for another entry that is accurate. When starting out, it takes a little longer (and some of us don't eat processed food so "scanning" isn't an option) to find the foods, but it certainly doesn't take an hour per day.

I have to admit that recipes take awhile and if it's easier to just enter the ingredients separately in my daily log than create a recipe, that's what I do. Nothing on MFP is "hard" and it's awesome that we have this site offered to us for free. I love it here.

Thanks for announcing your departure, though. Good luck.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bye. :drinker:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP is still active...

Op might have just left it active... you know because it takes so long to deactivate an account on here...

I think I am going to deactivate because it is taking too long to deactivate

It's all just so much to deal with.

The thinking about deactivating, the planning to deactivate, the posting about deactivating . . . whew!

I'm *yawn, stretch* tired just thinking about it.

Nap time.

h42638F05_zps19f8e976.gif

dude, deactivation is seriously hard work...
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Leave the lights on and just close the door on the way out. Hand your key in at reception and the movie will not show up on your bill.

This made me giggle...sorry, it's the little things
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    So long! Farewell! Auf Viedersehn! Adieu!

Adieu! Adieu! To you and you and you!!!

^This. I don't know why you felt the need to set up a forums about this...