Going to leave

Options

Replies

• SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Nice tip on the USDA suggestion.

Oh, and don't forget to exit through the gift shop.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I pre log my meals on the days I work. It takes me all of two or three minutes. Plus if you have a smart phone you can scan the bar code on many items.

I love the scan barcode feature, makes it so much faster!
  • abw153
    abw153 Posts: 3
    Options
    SS, the app is much better than the website.
    1. the bar code search feature is the best way to immediately get the info for your food.
    2. in the iphone app there is a "frequent" foods tab, which contains items you have previously selected so searching can be MUCH faster. Also ideal here is the integration with Runkeeper, which auto-uploads your running workloads/calories into your log.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I spend MAYBE 15 mins a day logging...so I'm kinda wondering what you might be eating that takes 30-60 mins a day to log??? :noway:
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Last one was August 8. Maybe she's been working on August 9 for several weeks. My understanding is that logging takes a lot of time. :bigsmile:
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can just write down on paper the calories you ate and just use the exercise page to calculate what calories you burned and subtract from the calories you wrote down on paper.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It literally takes me 2mins to plan out my food for the next day, you are definitely doing something wrong. Try typing in whatever food you are looking for then add USDA at the end, this will bring up the USDA entry which is accurate.

I got all excited for a minute. Just tried this and that simply brings up user-entered foods that have usda in their name. It would be nice if there was a way to actually search the non-asterisked foods
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Funny, I don't even see 1 logged meal in your diary!

Because it's too HAAAAARD! (<--- read in 13 year old voice)

This...you didn't even log 1 meal??? So what are you talking about again?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself, OP.

This was the best excuse you could come up with for quitting and you posted it here hoping someone would cosign this BS.

Amirite?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    user error
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Soooo....if it takes me 20-30 minutes a day to log my food, can I count that time as exercise?
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Don't know if there is such a thing as a perfect site,tho I do agree.Takes a lot of wading thru food lists.Just today I tried finding a Tbl of white sugar Oh,well...it is what it is.

Try finding an entry for a CUP of white sugar! Usually I just put it in as 48 tsp.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Nice tip on the USDA suggestion.

Oh, and don't forget to exit through the gift shop.

I've been here two years and NOW you tell me there's a gift shop?
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I was going to stop working out because it takes like 30-60 minutes, like, every day. ugh.

I do so much cooking I have to enter a RECIPE almost every day to get the correct calories. I use the scanner when I can for ingredients. But I also keep in mind, nothing is going to be 100% accurate. Until I can afford to pay someone to do it for me, I will just overestimate, move more, eat less...

If it's worth it to you, you'll figure it out. Until then, good luck.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Why, op.. are we cross? I'll be your huckleberry.

If I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.
    Seriously, Manda, get out of my head!!
    There... now we can be friends again. :tongue:
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So long! Farewell! Auf Viedersehn! Adieu!

Adieu! Adieu! To you and you and you!!!

:heart: :smile: :drinker:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    2. in the iphone app there is a "frequent" foods tab, which contains items you have previously selected so searching can be MUCH faster.

There is a "frequent" tab on the website, too.

Not sure why someone with such little time to log foods would even bother taking the time to post about leaving.

:yawn:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Actually for me this has become quite easy, I eat a lot of the same foods, so I just look in my "Frequent" or "Recent" food lists, I love that I can create meals or copy from another day which also saves time. Any new food items, I use the bar code scanner on my phone. One area where I find descrepanciess is fruits and vegetables, but I will definitely try adding USDA. Another issue, which I had hoped would have been corrected with the recent upgrade, is with recipes. They need to make it easier to make changes to recipes.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Your health is worth the effort.....

Most of my basic stuff, like oats, bread, coffee, veggies, fruits, lean meats, etc., that I use often are in my 'most recent' items, so it doesn't take much time at all. I use the 'copy meal' for leftover andI also scan barcodes, if I eat anything that has one.