Cheese Admiration and Celebration

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    I tried to cut 28 grams of cheese for my dessert, but ended up with 30. I am not complaining; I still had nine calories left to "spend" before bed.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,895 Member
    Options
    I'm putting 2 dishes on the new menu with a forward focus on cheese. One is a goat cheese flan as an appetizer with a pecorino romano crisp and a beet and balsamic reduction and the other is a blue cheese and walnut pancake to go with a duck dish. I'll take some pics and post them later today. Cheers
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of cheese, all cheese if i am honest - i have to be we camp in France every summer, and lunch mainly consists of salad, cheese and baguette (oddly i always loose weight on holiday).

Favourites have to be good British strong cheddar with chilli jam, brie de meaux (the oozier the better, and yes it must smell strong), and aged Cantal.

Mmmmmmmmm!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Oh this is the best thread ever! 😀 I could wax lyrical about cheese for ages. Current faves are Cornish Yarg (lovely semi hard cheese wrapped in nettles) - perfect on oatcakes or a good crisp cracker; feta - I am addicted to Greek spinach and feta pie and make it as a treat; a good Brie like Pie d’Anglays (awesome on a semi-sweet digestive cracker); a well matured local cheddar (I live near Cheddar in England so get some great Somerset varieties), and last but not least - currently going through a real Bath Soft Cheese phase 😀 mhcsc8djli8r.jpeg

Ooh Yarg is delicious
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    We threw a party last weekend and there is quite of lot of enriched labneh leftover. It was made with a lot of chive and coriander and I mixed the no fat yoghurt with some double cream before straining overnight in a cheesecloth. Any idea on what to do with leftovers? Only idea so far is to make a vegetable lasagna.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @acpgee

How much is "a lot?"

Why not just get some pita and veggies and just eat it?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,084 Member
    Options
    Yeah, @acpgee, I'd put in on pasta or grain or cooked veggies; use it as a bread/toast or wrap spread (part of a more complicated sandwich or on its own since flavorful); stir some into a suitable soup (or thin it again as a cold-soup base?); put it on savory pancakes, crepes, or waffles . . . .

I know you're more of a cook than I am, though. I'm good with keeping things pretty simple, usually, so that's where my mind goes.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Clarina 36-month gouda - a little Friday night treat. 😋xsi0fkubzcxd.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Picked up a half round (about 100g) of Cowgirl Creamery Organic Mt. Tam on sale. It's a triple cream, bloom-y rind kind of cheese, soft and buttery in the center, a bit firmer toward the rind, rich and tasty. This is 27g of it. Yummy.

jwc328z9fiar.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @AnnPT77

Mt. Tam is definitely delicious.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    I made a pathetic cheese souffle last night. Forgot to turn the temperature down in the air fryer which was at 200C so the tops were almost black. Also discovered my electric hand mixer had died and struggled to whisk egg whites by hand so only got the whites to soft peak instead of hard peak. It looked awful but tasted pretty good. I used a combination of gouda and parmesan.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    From the farmers market, unconscionably big hunks (for a solo-living household) of brie with apricots and almonds, and a pistachio nut roll (cream cheese). It will sacrifice texture a little, but I cut the roll into approximately 1 ounce (28g) slices and froze them. Working on eating the brie gradually. (Apologies for the fuzzy photo.)

pq2vdsmym20f.jpg

Where’s the yummmmmmm button?
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    These are plant based but soo good I wanted to share, for anyone who knows someone or wantd to have a dairy free cheese that is actually amazing!zll8tptim7kn.jpg