Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 176

Options

Replies

• musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,277 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @CamandJarvis - it's very interesting to hear all your updates & looks much better for your Mom, so sorry to hear the news on BF's sister, so sad, one always thinks their siblings are as invincible as oneself.
    Your life is defiantly topsy turvy as the moment !! You're doing well to keep on top of your heathy life style, hats off to you x
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,819 Member
    Options
    @threewins what measurements are you using?????
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,819 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @mrsrebeccaplude I used to get Swiss Miss hot chocolate at Walmart or the grocery store (Kroger group) it was also 25 calories. I threw some out recently that had outdated SEVERAL years ago.

@tiabirdie56 Tish, my irritant grain is Raisin Bran. I love it and what it does but OH! The carbs!!l

@smoda61 I love that you included the weights of Harry and Han Solo! I actually weighed Oskar this morning and after 3 years he has gone from 16 to 14.5#. I worry that I’m starving him as he wants to eat constantly. I wonder if they do gastric sleeve on cats. The vet said he should weigh 9#!!!

@enlightenme3 Hit the protein, use the fat for satisfaction, limit the carbs - the key to my success.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    @mrsrebeccaplude I used to get Swiss Miss hot chocolate at Walmart or the grocery store (Kroger group) it was also 25 calories. I threw some out recently that had outdated SEVERAL years ago.

@tiabirdie56 Tish, my irritant grain is Raisin Bran. I love it and what it does but OH! The carbs!!l

@smoda61 I love that you included the weights of Harry and Han Solo! I actually weighed Oskar this morning and after 3 years he has gone from 16 to 14.5#. I worry that I’m starving him as he wants to eat constantly. I wonder if they do gastric sleeve on cats. The vet said he should weigh 9#!!!

@enlightenme3 Hit the protein, use the fat for satisfaction, limit the carbs - the key to my success.

@quiltingjane 9# is a pretty small cat. I am curious if the vet is correct on that opinion. That one and half pound loss over 3 years has Oskar heading in a healthy direction and at a nice slow pace of 2/3 of an ounce a month. Sounds like you are feeding him perfectly for a cat that has some extra weight! Han is my eat-a-holic. He was abandoned outside and was 7.5 lb when found with acute diarrhea. Poor boy. Using dietary choices we got the IBD under control and now I am just trying to keep him a reasonable weight (I think his high was 12.25 lb) to prevent arthritis and such. Harry is my PITA picky eater. So for one cat I try to control food and limit treats and for the other I am always trying to convince him to take one more bite. Shoot, I think my kids were easier.