Options
1666768697072»

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

I wish I could figure this out for me. I can only guess that I need to exercise more because I can't eat much less(won't let me track if I go under 1000) and I can not seem to loose any weight.

I have tried to eat a little more but that is hard to get my mind to allow that. Don't want to gain more weight. I can't even remember eating more than 1200 in a day. Maybe during those six months after covid/dad passing when I quit everything but even then, only gained a pound or two.
    I tend to stick at 1000 on days I don't do any exercise and 1100 -1150 on days I do zumba or walk for 90 min. Scale is just not moving. Even if I could loose 2lbs and be under 150 that would be wonderful- just to see it move.

When you log do you measure, with a food scale, everything you eat/drink that has calories? If you are doing that, I really don't have any advice for you, sorry. If you aren't logging that way, I would recommend that.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

I don't weigh every single thing but most I do with my digital scale. A few things I guess at , that is why I stick at 1000 cal for the day, in case I am off on my guestimate. Things like crackers or chips, I count out to make sure I don't eat too much. Those are very easy to eat too many for me.
    My one food that I don't weigh/measure and I know I should is my peanut butter. That is my late night snack- a nice spoon full if I am feeling hungry at bed time- I can't sleep if I am hungry-keeps me up until I do eat something, even if it is just a few crackers. Again- another reason to keep at 1000cal.
    95% of what I drink I do not count because it is plain black or plain herbal tea( I drink hot tea all day, every day). Occasionally I will have coffee w/ creamer and I do track that. Don't care for juice much, plus, anything cold gives me instant asthma attack(that includes drinks/yogurts/ ice cream or any cold food.-have to have hot tea with any of those things)

Machka -I know I need to add more exercise in. Hoping my friend will want to start walking again now that the weather is better and time change is in a few weeks.
    I used to walk by myself, when I was really motivated. Lost that motivation and haven't found new ones yet. When I was really motivated- I was up super early, middle of winter, on the treadmill at 5am in the cold garage for two hours and then when the triplets would get here, another two hours pushing them around the neighborhood. I couldn't wait to get walking.

Michele- I guess being "wired backwards" isn't as uncommon as I thought. After one time of being up all night- you make sure to read all the labels and suffer a bit with symptoms instead of risking an all nighter of old tv shows.

I track my exercise calories but never use any of them, don't even use all my regular ones most days. I do track because it gives me a little leway in my sodium/sugar once in a while.

Debbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Nighty night see you in March 😁
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options

I wish I could figure this out for me. I can only guess that I need to exercise more because I can't eat much less(won't let me track if I go under 1000) and I can not seem to loose any weight.

I have tried to eat a little more but that is hard to get my mind to allow that. Don't want to gain more weight. I can't even remember eating more than 1200 in a day. Maybe during those six months after covid/dad passing when I quit everything but even then, only gained a pound or two.
    I tend to stick at 1000 on days I don't do any exercise and 1100 -1150 on days I do zumba or walk for 90 min. Scale is just not moving. Even if I could loose 2lbs and be under 150 that would be wonderful- just to see it move.

When you log do you measure, with a food scale, everything you eat/drink that has calories? If you are doing that, I really don't have any advice for you, sorry. If you aren't logging that way, I would recommend that.

I don't weigh every single thing but most I do with my digital scale. A few things I guess at , that is why I stick at 1000 cal for the day, in case I am off on my guestimate. Things like crackers or chips, I count out to make sure I don't eat too much. Those are very easy to eat too many for me.
    My one food that I don't weigh/measure and I know I should is my peanut butter. That is my late night snack- a nice spoon full if I am feeling hungry at bed time- I can't sleep if I am hungry-keeps me up until I do eat something, even if it is just a few crackers. Again- another reason to keep at 1000cal.
    95% of what I drink I do not count because it is plain black or plain herbal tea( I drink hot tea all day, every day). Occasionally I will have coffee w/ creamer and I do track that. Don't care for juice much, plus, anything cold gives me instant asthma attack(that includes drinks/yogurts/ ice cream or any cold food.-have to have hot tea with any of those things)

Machka -I know I need to add more exercise in. Hoping my friend will want to start walking again now that the weather is better and time change is in a few weeks.
    I used to walk by myself, when I was really motivated. Lost that motivation and haven't found new ones yet. When I was really motivated- I was up super early, middle of winter, on the treadmill at 5am in the cold garage for two hours and then when the triplets would get here, another two hours pushing them around the neighborhood. I couldn't wait to get walking.

Michele- I guess being "wired backwards" isn't as uncommon as I thought. After one time of being up all night- you make sure to read all the labels and suffer a bit with symptoms instead of risking an all nighter of old tv shows.

I track my exercise calories but never use any of them, don't even use all my regular ones most days. I do track because it gives me a little leway in my sodium/sugar once in a while.

Debbie

You hit the biggies. Most spoonfuls of peanut butter I’ve seen are 1.5-2 servings, so 300-400 calories. Chips and crackers are another biggie. Normally the nutrition given is for about XX chips….the reason for the about is that the actual nutrition is by weight and the serving is normally less than the number of chips you think it is.

None of this matters if you are happy where you’re at. If you are struggling to understand why you aren’t losing, not weighing everything that goes in your mouth is a great place to start. Even if you do it for a few days to see how close you are guessing, it can be helpful. I wouldn’t worry about the plain tea either.

Okie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Debbie

You hit the biggies. Most spoonfuls of peanut butter I’ve seen are 1.5-2 servings, so 300-400 calories. Chips and crackers are another biggie. Normally the nutrition given is for about XX chips….the reason for the about is that the actual nutrition is by weight and the serving is normally less than the number of chips you think it is.

None of this matters if you are happy where you’re at. If you are struggling to understand why you aren’t losing, not weighing everything that goes in your mouth is a great place to start. Even if you do it for a few days to see how close you are guessing, it can be helpful. I wouldn’t worry about the plain tea either.

Okie

I didn't know about the chips/crackers being different counting vs weighing- will have to weight them next time.
    Peanut butter- I have cut back on that- just once, twice a week at most and try to do it just on days when I exercise. I will need to measure that and really track it instead of guessing.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    79a9h3bls2y3.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip - I hope today has been comfortable and you are doing okay. ❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,915 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    Options
    Kim: I had difficulty meeting my protein goals. I find adding lentils/quinoa etc to soups increases my totals. Also I keep frozen cooked prawns in the freezer. They are surprising high in protein for a low calorie count, and no fat content.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Barbie—Thank you for our February Thread.

DH & I are in Illinois, near our daughter. Our home in Oregon is being cared for by good friends. I am grateful for them & I expect they are also feeding our
    hummingbirds while we are away.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Happy February! DH and I are in Illinois, near our daughter. I enjoy outings with her and our grandchildren.

I miss our home in Oregon and our friends there. Good friends are taking care of our home and I am grateful. We are lucky to have them.

We are meeting new people here in Illinois and making new friends.

Katla