WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options
vzndg3jb2gan.jpg

:) There is a lot of research that shows that one of the keys to happiness and health is having strong connections to other people.

:) That's what this thread is about. We are a group of women who have joined together to support and encourage each other on our journey to health and fitness.

:) Please let us know a name we can call you and a location either specific or general to make it easier to get to know each other.

:) Be sure to bookmark this thread so you can find it again.

:) My one word theme for 2022 is "continue". I have built many good habits over the years and this year I want to focus on continuing them.

<3 Barbie from NW WA

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,081 Member
    Options
    ❤️👍🏻❤️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Barbie — Thank you for the February Thread. I look forward to the new thread each month. You make an important gift to each of us each new month. ❤️😘❤️😘❤️😘

I hope we all have a terrific Happy Valentines Day every day & all month. Thank you again. ⭐️

Katla in NW ❤️regon
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Lisa … mind sharing the name of the anti inflammatory that isn’t a NSAIDS?

Barbie … thanks for the new thread.

Betsy … wonderful news indeed!

Beth near Buffalo
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the start Barbie !
    Barbara I'm sorry about the mailboxes being attacked. Do the mailboxes have locks on them? It looks like they do. Yes showing up for a doctor's appointment and the doctor being sick seems ironic, but I think he was quite ill. It was a work doctor and it took 2h round trip. But there are worse things in life.

Ginny congratulations on your weight loss!

Hope all are well.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Thank you, Barbie, for the February thread. <3

DrKatie - I send you my best wishes as you support your father. Your love is so beautiful to witness. I'm sure he feels its strength. <3:)<3

No Bea pick up today because the family are getting over the last dregs of covid. Next week we hope. We have offered to babysit on the half-term, so the parents can pop up to London on the train and go to the theatre. Life has been a real drag for them as they are now into their third week of covid dominoes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CIO, mfp50+.
    Bonus: ice sheet out from bottom of freezer, 37 mins grooming Tumble.
    Workin’ on it: 143.1, H20x5, active 3.56, chat with Mike.
    Happier January 2022
    31: Write down your hopes and plans for the future: hopes: line dancing on the sand, plans: FaceTime with Mariah, valentine cookies??.
    Friendly February 2022
    1: Send a message to let someone know you’re thinking of them. Pastor Tim re: Dog?

Thank you Barbie. A fresh start and the “what you want most…” reminder are just what I need.

On the 29th, Joe pulled the fridge out and vacuumed behind it for me, but there were no obvious coils there so… pulled the front grille out and used his high powered shop vac to pull the dust and dog hair out from between ‘em. Wasn’t entirely successful, there’s a grid preventing access between the coils. This morning big leak on floor again. Found a sheet of ice below the bottom basket. Set a hot kettle on it and was able to pry it up and out with a spatula. Seems like whatever drainage system there is, is overflowing. In the old days there was an obvious drain pan to periodically dump. None seen. May have to go into town and chat up the appliance repairman.

Machka “… because I’m planting (gorgeous) flowers…” Bravissima! :love: the gentle goals.
    Beth brava for back to PT.
    Allie sheesh indeed! One thamn ding after another. Thankful for Miles time.
    Kay ((hugs))
    Annie well done!
    Lisa sounds almost like the rheumatologist is bouncing you back, dodging? Can’t he consult with your gastro about the biologics he suggests? Why must you go back to your primary for the non-NSAID, can’t the rheumatologist prescribe it?
    Tracey thanks for the line dance video. I’m coveting her floor ;)
    Betsy thankful for the good news. Keeping your sister (and you) in prayer.
    Welcome @MelleeLag ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Julie, nope, mailboxes not locking… yet ;)
    Evelyn we see those pedestal community mailboxes in new developments too… out here in the sticks, not so much. ;)

A little sleepy so quick skim. Summary, stats and fresh start tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    vthe958c5vi2.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Machka - Oops! Hope it doesn't mess with your pay this month!

Just listened to an interesting programme called ROOM 5 on BBC Radio 4. They were interviewing someone with 'mirror synaesthesia'. It apparently makes people over empathic with others so that they experience burnout. I thought of one or two of you on here. <3 Might be worth a listen. I have it more than the average person, much more, (hence my not wanting pets or plants), but not to a disabling extent. Interesting. Give it a listen those of you who have BBC Sounds. It was on this morning1st Feb at 9.30.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    @KJLaMore ...

Is this yours?

61fsc0fi9lqq.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Today I disappeared!

In the midst of all the job shuffling, someone misread one of the forms and listed me in the system as on leave without pay.

There were a few clues that something wasn't quite right earlier, but first thing this morning when I logged in ... I basically wasn't there. I suspect that at the end of the month, I was cleared out of the system.

I was on the phone with IT for long periods of time who couldn't figure out what was going on. I heard more, "I've never seen that error before" today than ever before!! Finally, toward the end of the day, I worked out what must of happened and started contacting the right people ... HR.

Hopefully, I'll reappear tomorrow!

M in Oz

The one funny thing about all this was that when I was right in the midst of going through what I could and could not access, the U2 song "I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For" came on. :lol:

Machka - Oops! Hope it doesn't mess with your pay this month!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

It already has. :neutral:

But I was on the phone with a very apologetic HR person who promises me it will be rectified first thing tomorrow.

Meanwhile ...
    -- my husband's compensation was messed up last week. Fixed now.
    -- our van needed 2 new tyres. We were on threads. That's done.
    -- tomorrow morning I take it in for new brakes. Not just pads, a whole lot of work needs to be done.
    -- and a front bottom tooth split, so I'll need to make a dentist appointment to get in ASAP.

But I'm working from home so that makes it a much better day. :)

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies and Barbie thank you for starting us off for February..
    My darling daughters birthday is this Saturday she will be 33 and i think I will give her a card and tell her i will seing for a hair appointment with my friend Karen.. maybe some color or a hair cur or something after all the pregnancy and stuff..
    Have to hop in the shower and feed Alfie before I leave to take Carmine to school.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy February 2022! I hope this month is good for each of us and our families. <3

Evie posted a photo of a mailbox system that is like the ones we have in our townhouse community. The individual boxes are keyed on the side we open. The mail carrier opens the back to put our mail in the correct boxes. We have never had vandalism or theft in all the years we have lived here. ⭐️. We had a post office worker a few years ago who put people’s mail in the wrong boxes. I think he was assigned other work.

Katla in NW Oregon

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies and hello February! Welcome new girls!
    Barbie- Thank you for leading us to a new month!
    My word for 2022 is SELF-CARE. I have been trying my hardest to let things go a bit, and ask (in advance, sometimes) for help. Such as, last week, after shoveling in the wee hours of the morning: when my son would wake up, I would explain that I had shoveled that morning, but could he please do the evening shoveling. I have been deliberately leaving the trash in the kitchen bin each night, deliberately leaving some dishes in the sink each night, and when I wake up both tasks are taken care of. Or I have started laundry or the dishwasher and then found things folded and/or put away. So...it is the little things. My load is a little lighter.
    Barbara - The mailboxes. Do you live in a place that gets a lot of snow? Or a place with a lot of deer? Your mailboxes look similar to the ones in my area, after the plows go by and ravage them with snow; or after the deer get at them. The bucks like to use our mailbox stands to shed the velvet and or antlers. They can really do some damage to the boxes themselves.
    Michele and Vince- So sorry to hear about Clyde. Many hugs to you!
    Betsy- That is good news re: your sister! Safe travels home!
    Sue in WA- Happy belated birthday!
    Suebdew- Hugs to you!
    Machka- Not mine, but that is a nice one! Your current situation is like a Nancy Drew mystery! The Case of the Missing Machka! lol I hope they find you soon!
    Heather- Oh, the covid dominoes! One of my childcare families has only had their child in my care one week out of the past eight! Due to covid hitting everyone in their family at different times! Today is the first day said child will be back in my care. The mom is over the moon happy about that! lol
    Katiebug- Hugs to you as you care for your parents! So hard; but the love is evident. I am sure they feel/know that.

Well, kids are arriving. I only had two here, yesterday, due to kids out with cough and cold. I expect to have seven today. Yesterday was our Mid Winter Luau, but I am carrying it over to today, so more kids can enjoy the activities. Today we are also celebrating the Chinese New Year. We will have noodles and veg, learn a few facts about China, make paper tigers and read The Dragon Painter. We could watch Mulan (which is one of my favorite movies) but the kids have a two minute attention span; so I don't think that will fly. Oh PS to Machka- You will be happy to hear that after about a year of taking nasal spray almost nightly; I have gone a week, now, without it. I do wake up in the morning stuffy and end up using saline rinse every morning. But my nose is staying clear now all day and through most of the night. *I was really worried about that.

Sending love and hugs to all who need it! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for starting us off fresh again this month.

Okie in the TX Hill Country