WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hiccups. Tracking. Those 1000 calories sure do add up fast!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Pip - Love the pup photos! They warm my heart. <3 We are looking for a new pup & hope to find one in the near future. Keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy puppy in the next while. โญ๏ธ

The pup beside my name is Schooner. He passed away from cancer last September. We miss him like crazy.

Katla
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Kylia ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‚ Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,717 Member
    Options
    Kylia- Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚
    Well went to Walmart and did shopping after dropping Carmine off at school then brought the groceries to the house for Tracy and stayed so she could get stuff done,Miles snoozed on grandma for a couple of hours.
    I have to go pick Carmine up from school in a little bit and will go hang at Tracys for another hour or so and then take Carmine to guitar lessons..
    Its for a 1/2 hr so ill just stay there in the car.. and maybe nap.. we are going to get the storm Lisa is getting but will be getting rain turning to freezing rain and ice.. which will be downright crappy tomorrow ,so im hoping to have a day off from running tomorrow
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,567 Member
    Options
    Pip - Love the pup photos! They warm my heart. <3 We are looking for a new pup & hope to find one in the near future. Keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy puppy in the next while. โญ๏ธ

The pup beside my name is Schooner. He passed away from cancer last September. We miss him like crazy.

Katla

Good luck. We know the loss of a pup all too well
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,567 Member
    Options
    etotm2so6pyy.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Rebecca - I agree that we are valued friends, even though we live far from one another and live in different countries, states, & provinces. It is amazing and wonderful. <3

Katla in NW Oregon
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    REBECCA ~ I know your time of waiting for the deployment to actually take place must be so worrying. Hang in there as we are all there for you. I do 3 crossword puzzles on line every day. Wouldn't dare just depend on pen and paper. It would be the pits for me.

ANNIE ~ When I get a scorched pan, I pour a good bit of baking soda into the pan and add water. Bring it to a good boil for a few minutes and you will probably notice a big difference. Good Luck!

LISA ~ I know your Son in Law is in Poland and wonder if the news has affected his stay there.

Finally realized that I need to again step on the scale each day and move more in the house.

Rainy day in Georgia as the Big O would say.

Carol in GA

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, darlin', your smile is so much happier now--it didn't reach your eyes before. You are a lovely woman. I think one of the absolutely wonderful things about being this age is that we get to define what our strengths are, and they vary as WE choose. In and of itself, the strengths I see in all the women here are beautiful and unique.

Annie - if you have a dishwasher pod or dishwasher soap, you can melt that in hot water and leave it soak. It will take almost anything off. Even if I don't have a dishwasher, I keep some pods around just for that.

The house smells so homey with the crockpot bubbling... I've got bananas and pecans thawing to make some banana bread, but my energy is seeping away, probably because of the restless night. I can always sling them in the refrigerator and bake tomorrow instead.

Later y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Well I put vinegar to soak in the pan where I burned the pot roast a few days ago. Water didn't do much for the black crust on the bottom. I hope I don't have to buy a new pot; it is a big enamel covered cast iron dutch oven thing. I will try some baking soda next.

And if I'm whining about that, then thank goodness I don't have any real problems!

Annie in Delaware

Try cooking it off. Put some (1/2 inch or so) liquid in the pot, bring it to a boil, and then turn down a bit and leave it for a while to get the black crust off. Scrape it from time to time with a wooden/sturdy spoon and it should come off.

Tina in CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,468 Member
    Options
    REBECCA ~ I know your time of waiting for the deployment to actually take place must be so worrying. Hang in there as we are all there for you. I do 3 crossword puzzles on line every day. Wouldn't dare just depend on pen and paper. It would be the pits for me.

ANNIE ~ When I get a scorched pan, I pour a good bit of baking soda into the pan and add water. Bring it to a good boil for a few minutes and you will probably notice a big difference. Good Luck!

LISA ~ I know your Son in Law is in Poland and wonder if the news has affected his stay there.

Finally realized that I need to again step on the scale each day and move more in the house.

Rainy day in Georgia as the Big O would say.

Carol in GA

Thank you for your kind words. I use paper a lot! I used my sons living room floor and organized about 20 sets of decorated paper with washi tape and pretty stickers. That makes me happy, plus it makes writing letters to all my pen pals easier. I just put each set of a cover sheet with a sticker, and 3 pages plus a homemade envelope in clear pages in a big binder. Silly but we all do things to put us in our happy place.๐Ÿ‘
    My loneliness isn't unique in general, just a byproduct of this Navy life. I know on days when I am feeling particularly fragile, you all got my back.๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ™ That in itself is a comfort. My training as a Navy wife taught me to "gather my forces" to take stock and to reach out. So its unlike me to ever get to a place in my head that's not healthy. That empowers me.๐Ÿ‘
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Rebecca, darlin', your smile is so much happier now--it didn't reach your eyes before. You are a lovely woman. I think one of the absolutely wonderful things about being this age is that we get to define what our strengths are, and they vary as WE choose. In and of itself, the strengths I see in all the women here are beautiful and unique.

Annie - if you have a dishwasher pod or dishwasher soap, you can melt that in hot water and leave it soak. It will take almost anything off. Even if I don't have a dishwasher, I keep some pods around just for that.

The house smells so homey with the crockpot bubbling... I've got bananas and pecans thawing to make some banana bread, but my energy is seeping away, probably because of the restless night. I can always sling them in the refrigerator and bake tomorrow instead.

Later y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Sweet.๐Ÿ˜. Its like we've had this older persona hanging in our closet, and now when we decide to don it, it actually feels right, and gives us energy. I love my older self, buy it does help to have a mate that sees the best in you.
    Have a great day friend! Oh my soup was heavenly!
    gi2tzzpoqunz.jpg
    Oh I also belong to a Soup Lovers Facebook group, and its nothing but people loving all that's soup.๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ‘
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Lisa slinging bananas........one motion pazaaaaat!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜‚