Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Oo
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip — I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with pain. I hope rest will help you feel better. 😘
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    Just a quick scan through before bedtime.

Lisa: up to 6000 steps! WTG!
    Allie: What a lovely thing to do for your uncle.

☘️ Terri
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Weather is perfect- went out and finished pruning the raspberries and roses, transplanted a couple small hydrangeas (their wine barrel planter fell apart and should have been replaced last year, finally did it).
    I need to dig up some of the raspberries that are coming up where I don't want them- will transplant them to mom's house

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Debbie- I also have the progressive lenses that arent dark enough so had to buy sunglasses that go over my glasses.
    Thank you for the thoughts about my uncle.. love him to pieces he is my dads only brother,and my mom only had one brother.. so he is the last of that generation ..
    We had so many wonderful times together and i will cherish the memories
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Got a flat right near the end and felt kinda flat throughout the ride.

a3wbxfaa6cfl.png

The glasses I'm wearing here are progressive lenses with "auto tint" or whatever it's called. They go dark in the sunshine and go clear inside.

I've had glasses like that for years but this time, I went with larger lenses. I really like them for driving, walking, cycling, etc.

Inside, I wear my desk glasses - close progressives which allow me to see things clearly at a closer distance while working at my computer.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Machka - My glasses are progressive & also self darkening in daylight or bright light. I think they’re wonderful. 😎 It sounds like you’re happy with yours, too. 😊
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Some good suggestions ...

20 Ways to Stress Less and Enjoy Life
    https://xenlife.com.au/20-ways-stress-less-enjoy-life/

"Stress is toxic to your body and mind. If it’s not addressed right away, it may lead to more serious problems affecting you physically and psychologically. Stress has two main causes; internal and external. Internal causes may include struggling with yourself, thinking about something too much or thinking negatively, while external causes might include stress from your surrounding environment, workplace issues and negative people surrounding you."

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip — I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with pain. I hope rest will help you feel better. 😘

Thx, if this continues, I’m gonna have to go to the doc
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

Barbie: Purrrrr …..
    @badmcfad Miele failte 😄
    Pip: Doctor? I suggest sooner rather than later.
    Debbie: Getting back into the garden is so therapeutic. Enjoy! 👓 I’ve worn progressive reactives for years. Most useful.
    Machka: 👍🏻 Great article. I use all twenty strategies, and then some! 😂 I would recommend ‘Awakening the Giant Within’ (Anthony Robbins) My copy is well thumbed. Recognising and dealing with stress is so important

Planning an easy day today.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, y'all,

Barbara AHMOD
    - Thank you for telling me about that national day to honor women veterans. In all honesty, I've never seen it before. Congrats on the NSV! Fitness can kind of sneak up on you... :)

Heather -
    Hope the ankle is getting better by the minute.

Welcome to those who are new, we're glad you're here!

Allie - glad news on the medical front has been better, and that you liked the possum metaphor.

All my favorite domestic sounds are swooshing, clanking, or gurgling as the case may be. Pulled all removables from the stovetop and put them in the dishwasher, then sprayed the entire stovetop with degreaser and left it sit. Last night was BLTs (well, BL for me, I wouldn't eat a tomato on a bet). No matter what you do, cooking bacon will cover everything with a film of grease.

Time to swap Corey's work clothes from the washer to the dryer and decide whether or not I want to go to Walmart. There are a few things I want, but honestly, nothing that I can't live without today. Cardiologist tomorrow morning, and x-rays once I'm done with him, then blood work. If I'm not too worn out from all that, I can stop at Wally-world on the way back. I think I shall do just that. Save gas, save the environment, save my energy.

Hope everyone has or had a peaceful Sunday.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR