WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Lisa- i just choked when you said he looked like a possum chewing on his head ,bahaaaaa
    Slept pretty well and am going to check on my brother today poor guy. And no news is good news on my poor uncle..
    I will try and make that video for him today and send it to my cousin Luke to show him
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Barbara thanks for the encouragement!

Lisa congratulations on 6000 steps! It's so good to see you feeling better!

Today I'm cleaning up my desk in preparation for taxes. I figure if I break the taxes into little steps it won't be so scary.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Annie, when I work on my taxes, I work 15-20 minutes a day and then put things away. It's like that old saying about eating an elephant one bite at a time. I call it "suffer for 15 minutes". It has been a satisfying method for me.

:)Heather, your meals and cleaning sound amazing. Your guests will be well cared for.

:) I heard this yesterday--"It's not the storm that gets me, it's the forecast".

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OMG Alexandra, I'm so sorry you've had to go through that. How scary, but what a wonderful outcome. Glad you're already feeling better.

Woah Heather, glad you're safe. Sorry about all the damage. With my knees, that's how I come down the stairs all the time, so...

I'm still on retreat. Enjoying my friends, relaxing, scrapping, dishing and probably eating and drinking WAY too much, but being VERY honest on my diary. ah well... I'll just body groove a bit more next week.

Carla in "rocks & cows" MN (for the weekend)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did a Peak 10 DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Booya yoga DVD

Allie – so sorry about your brother. Good thoughts for your uncle

Debbie – Kim’s right, one time I ordered something and the bun was dipped in butter, too. Didn’t really understand why. Personally, I would probably go with your numbers. You don’t know how they figured the calorie count.

Barbara and Annie – Way to go Annie!!!! Persistence and you’re getting there. I’m so happy for you

Barbara – it’s not my pool (YET) but the one here at the condo. When we get back I do want to start opening our pool. I know it’ll probably be too chilly to go in. But I do want to be ready for when Mother Nature is ready!

Katla – thanks for the mothball info. We’ve had something digging holes in our yard, I suspect deer but I’m not sure, so I’ll try that. I think we still have mothballs from when we had that snake.

M – so sorry about your flat

Haven’t gotten my steps in lately mainly because I haven’t had time to go for a walk. Too busy getting settled. Well, maybe next week I can go for my walk.

Michele in FL
    getting ready to go up to Daytona
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Yesterday we had a sunshiny day and visited with neighbors to admire their new car. DH wants to replace his old car and liked what he saw. Chatting with neighbors on a sunny day was wonderful.

We are hoping to get a puppy from a local poodle breeder. We are looking forward to seeing the puppies after they are born. We are looking for a healthy medium sized dog. We lost our sweet old dog to cancer last fall. It is time for us to adopt a new puppy.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Lisa — My glasses are like yours. I also have progressive lenses that self-darken in bright light. They are wonderful. 😎
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    ❤️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Alexandra, oh wowsa quite a surgery! Feel better soon! I had a parathyroid taken out in 2018, normally those thingies are the size of a grain of rice on your thyroid. Mine was the size of the surgeons thumb! I empathize with ya! I asked the doc if I was getting be plaque or something for the biggest parathyroid he's removed!😂😋👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I sent a few tiny videos to my cousin for my uncle.. i just got a text back saying my uncle smiled when Luke played them for him.
    He can hear ,im hoping they have him hearing aides in because both hr and my dad were deaf as a post
    But he cant see and he cant swallow so no eating or drinking..
    Kelly thank you for posting the picture for me.. you can tell there brothers cant you ..
    Im going to call my brother an and see how he is doing..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon or evening, all,

Tracey - Love the crooked house! Did you do the painting of your grandparent's house?

Heather - Hope the time with your guests is just wonderful.

Alexandra - I didn't even know that was possible! So glad you had it removed. Hope your recovery is swift and pain-free.

Regarding mushrooms: I love mushrooms and tend to buy a large box of Baby Bellas each week. Sliced up and sauteed in a little butter and wine, then reduced to the point where they nearly dry out is insanely good. I use them on burgers, in casseroles, and sometimes just eat them out of hand. I do not like them raw, but love them cooked.

Corey has to go to work this morning, so he's rattling around. Neither of us likes it when he works Saturdays, but sometimes it's necessary. He's usually done by noon and needed to get a haircut anyway.

Thank goodness he's finally decided to go to professionals instead of me trimming his hair. His decision may have been based on the fact that, when I cut his hair, he looks like possums have been chewing on his head. 🐭😊

I'll spend the time he's gone getting the rest of the automatic payments pushed from one credit to another. I used the one because we seldom spend anything else on that card, so it was easy to see all the payments in one place. However, they've been sold off to another company, so our account number is changing.

Speaking of changes, I'm finally getting used to my new pair of glasses. I got the progressive lenses, and they did say it would take a week or two for me to get comfortable with them. Also got the photochromic lenses, the ones that turn dark in sunlight. Means I don't have to drag sunglasses with me.

Still trying to clean up my passwords - got rid of 100 of them on Monday, and hope to get rid of 100 today - that means going to each site and unsubscribing or deleting my account, then back to my stored passwords and deleting the old ones.

On my second cup of tea (decaf) and thinking about a third. When I'm done with y'all, I have to get the sleeve on a coat of Corey's repaired with a needle and thread.

NSV - made it to 6,000 steps yesterday! Slowly getting better...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I have had the progressive lenses for quite a few years. Love the darkening lenses but they are not dark enough.The ones I hadbefore, the magnetic sun glasses that clipped right on(same shape as the actual lenses). This time I got the prescription sun glasses and a pair of regular-they do change but not enough. My eyes are very sensitive to the sun light so I got bigger frames to block more light.

I saute mushrooms all the time in butter and garlic- forgot about adding the wine. Hopefully I will remember next time.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Little Teapot,

Welcome! You've been through a lot. I think it's amazing you regained only 6 lbs.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Options
    Lisa — Congratulations for 6,000 steps! WTG! 😍😘😍😘
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Allie - You are remarkable. Sending videos to your cousin to share with your Uncle’s who’s health is failing is very kind and thoughtful. WTG!!! ❤️