<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,178 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hey tracking today. I have to put 1000 c per day pré activité to lose more than about .4 lbs per week. Like machka I aim to consume only about half of activity calories. Had about 400 breakfast lots of protein and about 450 lunch..cauliflower tofu 50g rice t top oil..+ 3 v small apes 150. Already over calories....
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Lisa They are finding out more and more the importance of gut health.

I have told this story before how after getting so sick in Mexico that the month I got back I got sick with the SwineFlu and was the sickest I had ever been physically. It sent me on the road to help my gut with diet and exercise.

Yesterday I was in a terrible mood. A big part of that was not eating right the day before. What we eat can have a big impact on our health.

I finally went in for a physical after numerous years. I had had such bad experiences I did not want to go back. I had one with a physician assistant and thought it was one of the best ones I had. She was respectful of my choices and was very thorough. I needed an overall picture of how my health is and what pieces need work. For me it is my tryglycerides. Cutting my stress and changing my diet are the keys to that. I started to eat foods with added sugar again. It is a work is progress.

TIP...What works for me is eat more fiber and reduce/eliminate refined carbs and food with added sugar. Eating better quality food. The less processed the better.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I awakened to a foggy morning and am enjoying my first cup of coffee. It is 7:30 am and a hummingbird is drinking sugar water at one of the bird feeders.

We have an appointment to see parent poodles on February 6 at 11am. I hope we have a good visit & eventually find a healthy puppy. This breed is new to us. Our previous Keeshonds were very sweet, but had health problems. Time will tell. Keeping my fingers crossed for finding the right dog for us.

Katla
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,469 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends👍💖. Was up at every hour until n about 4 am, when I slept until about 7:30 am. Trying my best to handle this all, but my thoughts get the best of me sometimes.
    Rebecca
    Sleepy in Whidbey
    WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't done my exercise yet because I had to take my mom to the dermatologist. I wish they could arrange these things with me more than an hour ahead! She got a little skin frozen off two spots on her nose.

Next is the cardiologist on Friday, and that won't go well. Her blood pressure is way high and she keeps wanting to see her old doctor that moved. She has trouble taking medical advice from women and the new doctor is female. I can only push my mom so far.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    Well they arent taking any time and have scheduled my thyroid biopsy for next Thursday..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    Have long suspected was overestimating CO. Dug out and fired up the Wahoo HRM. Mixed results. Stops recording some workouts short. Then sometimes I forget to stop/save workouts and it just keeps on ticking. The bad news is that yesterday I never got my heart rate out of the “easy” range. The good news is that today I got it to the fat burn for 2 mins and cardio for 1. The better news is that it calculates 4 cals/minute of dog walking vs mfp’s 3.5. Will keep trying to get it to record correct duration, and will keep trying to get heart rate up. :}

Machka great detective work. Welcome back to the undisappeared. “I still haven’t found what I’m looking for” ROTFLMAO. Oww for the tooth split, hope you can get in right away. Could you have been clenching? Not surprising considering what you went through. Stunning pics, that’s quite a neighborhood.
    Katla “…assigned other work…” ;} How old will the pups be on Feb 6? Have you seen pics? ((hugs)) and “never get cancer” amen, sister, amen! All breeds have different health issue tendencies, but a responsible breeder with a good track record is the best bet. Good luck!
    KJ snow is rare, but deer are common. Me I’m pretty sure they’d leave the mail, Think it’s teenaged boys… ;) or someone looking for financial info to steal. Brava on going without the nightly nasal spray.
    So the rheumatologist backs out in favor of the gastro enterologist? And the gust/Crohn’s is more important than the Afib? But you have to go through your primary care? SMH. Glad you have the fighting spirit and intelligence to advocate for yourself. Hope you get a different gastro/pcp SOON! My DH occasionaly takes gabapentin for his nerve pain. Works but he’s concerned about side effects so he’s trying to stick with Nervive (basically high dose Alpha Lipoic Acid).
    Vicki prayers for Jake and your family. ((hugs)) Well done on getting right back to the gym.
    Rebecca what a retirement nightmare! ((hugs)) about your middle sister and your soon to be empty nest.
    Debbie hope you get some good rest soon.
    Carla in MN, which day well to the end of February? Sorry, no cabana boys to spare. ;)
    Annie I hate it when drama causes me to lose focus and burn food. ((hugs)) Can you sit down with your parents and make a family calendar of appointments?
    Rita so glad to see you posting. Sounds a sound decision about the job, your time and your nerves are worth it.
    Paula in Oxford con VERY grats for taking off those kgs!
    Heather we are having record breaking sunshine here, too. Worrisome as we desperately need the rain water. Con VERY grats on the AF regime
    Michele I’d lose the scraps of paper and never remember all I ate. I do pre-log, then make adjustments throughout the day.
    Pip how many pairs of monkey feet have you run/worn through? You are an ANIMAL!
    Mary I have not yet met goal, but my best tip is what you suggested earlier, buy a food scale and use it. A real education.
    Julie alas we cannot simply put a padlock on a mailbox but have to install a locking mailbox that the mail carrier can access, and it would have to be large enough to accept small packages. We’ve decided to just send change of address forms to all our regular contacts to redirect to our P.O. Box. As for shredding, anything that could have sensitive information gets twisted into kindling and burned in the wood stove ;) And yes we lock all our doors at night and even when home during the day. Bravissima for your collaborative collective work.
    Welcome @SavageMrsMoose Melissa from Tx and Telluride!
    Margaret so glad you’ve found a PA that is respectful and thorough. You’re so right about food and mood, and for me lack of activity makes me crabby and blue.
    Beth we don’t converse much, never have, Joe’s just not chatty and his “ears get tired.” So I really have to be intentional, as you said, about just being present, showing up, being there. The reward is that sometimes he’ll even talk! :laugh: Con VERY grats on taking off those 2.5 lbs! ((hugs))
    Allie sending good thoughts for that biopsy Thursday. You’re about due for some lucky breaks.

Way past time to get up off my duff.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.