WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Im sitting out in the car. Dont feel like going home for 1/2hr to turn around and come right back again.Carmine is in doing the guitar lesson and then will drop off and then home and put some jammies on and make some sleepytime tea. Its just rainy and damp and I want to be comfy and cozy..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,139 Member
    Options
    Kylia Happy Birthday!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 39min 3sec, 44elev, 3.15ap, 81ahr, 92ahr, 5.15mi= 488c
    Strava app= 622c
    Zwift home bike trainer- Strava stats- 1hr 8min 46sec, 305elev, 89aw, 17.5amph, 138ahr, 170mhr, 20.05mi= 602c
    Strava app= 350c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 8min 56sec, 308elev, 88aw, 66arpm, 20.1mi= 351c

Total cal 1090
  • Machka9
    Options
    Kylia Happy birthday!

Well my new plan of 250 calories of exercise a day is enough to make my legs sore. Maybe, as they say, pain is weakness leaving the body! I guess I should have expected this. It's a general achiness, I don't think I injured anything. The payoff will be on the scale tomorrow. I hope. I better drink extra water today.

And yes six minutes on the elliptical is a NSV for me. Thank you for reminding me to celebrate!

Annie in Delaware

It's called DOMS ... Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.

And if you look up how muscle builds, you'll see it actually tears ever-so-slightly and repairs.

When it does that, you retain a bit of water so don't be disappointed if you don't see a result on the scale just yet. Stick to it!

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Allie β€” I love Sleepy Time Tea, too, but my favorite is Peppermint Tea. Both are Celestial Seasons teas. YUM! My daughter lived in Longmont, Colorado, several years ago. The two of us went to the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder for a tour. It is a great memory. I came home with several tea flavors. None of the teas I brought home has caffeine. (I get plenty of caffeine in my morning coffee.)😊

Katla in NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    iuaxhpet0k1w.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: Β»
    Allie β€” I love Sleepy Time Tea, too, but my favorite is Peppermint Tea. Both are Celestial Seasons teas. YUM! My daughter lived in Longmont, Colorado, several years ago. The two of us went to the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder for a tour. It is a great memory. I came home with several tea flavors. None of the teas I brought home has caffeine. (I get plenty of caffeine in my morning coffee.)😊

Katla in NW Oregon

Going to the Celestial Seasonings factory was one of the highlights of our trips to Colorado(that and the Olympic training center and the Air Force Academy)
    The peppermint room was great, as was the tasting room.
    We have been there both times we went to CO. We went to see where dh was born.

Debbie
    Napa Valley
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding Crosswords ...

A few months ago, I found a book of crossword puzzles and started working my way through them. I've not really done crosswords before and I'm not particularly good at them ... plus this book was written in the USA and half the time I don't know what they're talking about ... but doing new things is supposed to be good for the brain.

I go at it as far as I can go, then I look one or two things up, and then try to keep going.

They've got a lot of US presidents and military stuff as clues, and I wouldn't have the foggiest.

Maybe I'll see if I can find an Australian one next.

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Sue - I hope your horse feels better.

Machka thanks for the reminder. I will try to keep my hopes reasonable and just plug away at the exercise. Did my dumbbells tonight, and it's yoga in the morning! πŸ™‚

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    B)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sue I hope your horse knows how much you love her πŸ’ž having a horse is the same as owning a dog or cat but the best part is that you can ride it 🐎 She's fortunate to have you πŸ’ž 29 years is amazing!

πŸ’ž Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    πŸ’•
  • Machka9
    edited February 2022
    Options
    8cd6izlbk7jg.png

ee60e25ptvng.png

Machka in Oz