WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Oh Rita ... worry is debilitating. Praying you hear something soon about your son. Hugs.

Beth
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    PS —I’m happy to see you and Yogi together. I hope you’re feeling better.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Beth holding you in my prayers :heart: :heart: :heart:

Carla Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    MAN... I could have used this ALL WEEK...
    Was having a HORRIBLE week. Was NOT looking forward to my birthday yesterday and then hubby came home with a darling, little balloon and took me out for dinner, to our fave place, and all is right with the world. He really knows what I need.

Happy Birthday!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Carla - Happy birthday!

Our goats have had to be in a small pen because we are moving out an old mobile home that was on our property when we bought the place. Today they managed to break a board in the fence on the property line so we had to put up more handipanels to keep them away from the wooden fence. The mobile home was supposed to be gone the first week in Jan. They need more room and we have that but they were chewing the bark off the trees. I will be glad when spring comes.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Ive sort of been in a funk
    Im keeping up on the bills and all which makes me happy.. but except for going to my daughters and hauling Carmine back and forth to school ,and getting Homer outside..
    I basically stay hold up in my condo watching TV and playing on my phone and watching videos.. .. i dont really go out and talk to people or see anyone. Except for Drs appointments..
    I dont know geesh i just feel like my get up and go got up and went ,i wish i felt.like i did before..
    Still thinking of you Pip ❤️ xoxo
    Happy Birthday 🎂 Carla !!!

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, Allie. You must be an extrovert, because my introvert self thinks that you are quite active -- you get together with your friends very often, but it sounds like you really wish it could be every day. Try to hold on to those times when you do get to have social events with your friends. Those are special times.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

I agree.

Allie, you tire me out reading about all your social events and comings and goings!

Last week I worked from home and that was wonderful! I stayed home except for walks by myself at lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and bicycle rides in the evening with my husband, when it was quiet out, on Tuesday and Wednesday.

My husband busied himself with things in the garden and then napped in the afternoon so I was able to work quietly by myself each day.

No buses full of people. No office full of chatty colleagues. No shopping. No going out to dinner or for social events. It was lovely!

On Friday we had to go out ... we both had dental appointments and there was some shopping to be done. We're looking for things for the garden. But that just wiped us right out. We had been planning to exercise in the evening, but didn't have the energy.

Allie, don't you have a gym in your building? Maybe you could go down there and walk on the treadmill or something. It would get you out of your apartment and there might be people around to talk to.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I've been thinking about where I will live next, and concluded that I need to go back to work when my parents leave this house. So I should start training now. I'm considering getting a pharmacy technician certification. There are jobs nearby. It seems like it would be useful, active work and teach me a lot about healthcare. On the other hand, I retired for health reasons and it's scary to go back. Nobody knows what I can do until I try.

Annie

What field were you in before?

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    n5dgkjpv5zx0.jpeg
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Pip ... praying for the pain to lessen tonight too.

Flea ... you are in my prayers as well ...

In fact, many of you enter my prayers late at night when I can't sleep and I recall all that have challenges. Your names come to mind and I pray. Hope you all don't mind that ... I care about the ladies who take time to post here.

Nutria ... they're like big rat/rodent things aren't they? Eww. Not on my menu!

Allie ... you most definitely are an extrovert. I am more like Carol! But I also understand that it would be difficult to not have someone to share life's ups and downs. You are remarkably strong in that department but that doesn't mean it is your first choice. Hugs to you.

Today marks one year since my son passed. Inconceivable. I have been blessed today by several friends who have not forgotten. There have been some tears too but not overwhelming. That was earlier in the week when I just fell apart all over again. Grief is nasty like that.

Beth

Praying for you, Beth. Always, but especially today.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Machka I did a number of things including military officer and java programmer twenty years ago. I could learn Android or something new. But programming is high pressure, and generally full-time. I'm not sure I could keep up anymore. Plus the jobs are an hour or more away by car. But that's where the money is. Something to consider.

Annie in Delaware

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Helped vince put masking tape on the parts on the door frame that we don’t want painted then went down to the pool. Afterwards needed to get $$ at the bank (I wanted to go this morning since the bank is right next to the place I go to exercise and I could use the ATM, but Vince wanted to wait), go to PetCo, then bought gas since we’re seeing a friend of mine tomorrow, then to Lowe’s to return some caulk and get more paint brushes, then church. Home to have dinner now will probably work on my crochet some

pip – pets have a way of knowing when you’re not feeling well, and I’m sure Yogi will be right by your side helping you to at least mentally feel better

Beth -(((HUG))). Hard to believe that a year has passed already

Rita – so glad you’re better. (HUG)))

I asked Vince if the 27th was OK to meet a friend if ours, and he said it was fine. Today I mentioned that we’re supposed to meet tomorrow and he said “I have a race to watch”. I told him I asked him and he said it was OK. He’s NOT happy, but it’s not my fault. Too bad.

Michele now in FL
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Flea — The nutria are repulsive. They were “farmed” years ago with the idea of using them in the fur trade. That fell out & they were turned into the wild. What a mess.
  • Machka9
    Options
    jm2fpzax5aha.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Beth- prayers/hugs to you. I can not even imagine what you are dealing with. It doesn't seem like it has been a year, already.

Rita- I hope you don't have any more asthma attacks- Do hot/steamy showers help yours?
    This is the first winter in a few years that I haven't had to use my nebulizer- There have been a few times I came close but was able to get by without it.

Pip- Praying you get relief soon.

Happy birthday Carla

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3