WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Ive sort of been in a funk
    Im keeping up on the bills and all which makes me happy.. but except for going to my daughters and hauling Carmine back and forth to school ,and getting Homer outside..
    I basically stay hold up in my condo watching TV and playing on my phone and watching videos.. .. i dont really go out and talk to people or see anyone. Except for Drs appointments..
    I dont know geesh i just feel like my get up and go got up and went ,i wish i felt.like i did before..
    Still thinking of you Pip ❤️ xoxo
    Happy Birthday 🎂 Carla !!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We’re having a quiet day so far. There is a nutria at the edge of the river eating grass. We had a nutria years ago and are not happy to see one now. They look like enormous rats. Unlike rats, they seem to be herbivores. We haven’t seen a beaver in a long time. We have seen river otters and enjoy them.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We’re having a quiet day so far. There is a nutria at the edge of the river eating grass. We had a nutria years ago and are not happy to see one now. They look like enormous rats. Unlike rats, they seem to be herbivores. We haven’t seen a beaver in a long time. We have seen river otters and enjoy them.

My sister has nutria at her place in Shedd, OR. She has a gun and shoots them, like a real life Anne Oakley!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Pip thinking of you a lot these days💖🙏👍. You are one strong lady, and will get thru this! Know we are in your back mental pocket.👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Rebecca— We had a nutria here a number of years ago. A neighbor shot it. I haven’t seen him with his gun so far this year.

I am no fan of nutria. :noway: That said, I won’t shoot one.

Katla
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    I had to google Nutria I had never heard of them, and some chef's say they are good to eat, maybe you should catch it and serve it LOL
    kim in N. California
  • Katla49
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Kim — Regarding live game (nutria), NO Thank you. 😳. I like to get our meat at the grocery store. 😊
  • Katla49
    Options
    Pip - Dogs are a blessing. I’m happy you have Yogi. ❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Yogi is such a cutie... we had a black kab growing up named Nimba,after a nimbus cloud she was round and ftat and my parents weren't great with vetting our animals so no nuetering or spaying. And they let the dogs roam so you know what happens..
    I got a shepard/ husky pup as a older teen and i told my mom to wake me up and i would get him ouutside. Well she didnt,and she let him out and he got hit by a car..
    That's why im a bit of a fanatic with Alfie now and when Tom and I were together..we even had to take one of my parents pups to the vet it wwas full pf heartworm and had to be put down....
    Ok enough about that
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Karen Voit Sleek essentials DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Pilates for Runners DVD

After exercise walked to one food store to see if they have Vince’s crackers. They don’t. I honestly didn’t remember it being so far away. But on the bright side….I got over 9,000 steps in :). Came home and changed into a sleeveless shirt. I can’t believe that I’m seeing people wearing long sleeves! I’d be dying. Then got dinner ready. Will go in the pool in a bit. Vince is caulking around the door right now just to be on the safe side. Put two loads of laundry in

Michele now in FL off to the pool after checking email

I think that at Zumba- there are ladies in long sleeve shirts and I am sweating in a tank top and light weight leggings- I end up plugging the fan that is in my corner of the room in. We have four in the big room/gym and I use mine every class, all year long.
    Hoping we have them at the new place(our building is being renovated so for 8 months we have to use two other buildings-will see if I keep going there, not in the best area, one being right in "the crest" and the other just south of it. Won't be too bad with the time change so it is day light- not good in the dark.
    Dh said he might start dropping me off/picking me up. Doesn't start until first of May so have time to figure it out.
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca— We had a nutria here a number of years ago. A neighbor shot it. I haven’t seen him with his gun so far this year.

I am no fan of nutria. :noway: That said, I won’t shoot one.

Katla

Yes me neither. Since she's lived in Colorado, Kansas, and Montana she has become quite assertive, and when she tells me stories, my brain is thinking, "who are you and what have you done with my sister"! (just kidding) 😂
    Rebecca