WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 861 Member
    <3<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,600 Member
    Ankle continues to heal. I wore a compression sock all day yesterday and had two naps! I still slept all night. I will go on my machines today and do whatever doesn't hurt. :)

Our weekend guests rang last night about timings. They are arriving around 1 pm on Saturday and leaving midmorning Sunday. Nice and short! :p I love them, but I find company exhausting and don't want to overdo my ankle. I have nearly all the food in the freezer left over from Christmas when they had to cancel through covid.
    DH's sister was very excited because she went for her pre-op yesterday and they gave her an operation appointment for the 28th!!! She thought it would be after Easter. She has been on the waiting list for an ankle fusion for two years. She is very fit, (68) but has to use an ankle scooter to get around. Fortunately she swims regularly. After the op, it can't be weight bearing for three months. :o Her boyfriend will have to stay with her quite a bit, I think. We will be away on our cruise in March! Anyway she was delighted and very excited. <3:D

Love to all. Sending love to those with griefs and hard times. <3<3<3 ❤ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,142 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    KJ— I love cottage cheese and have it for breakfast most mornings. I have a scoop of 2 percent cottage cheese topped with blueberries. I grow the blueberries myself. Bliss! 🫐🫐🫐. It comes naturally. My grandfather was a cottage cheese maker during the 1930’s through the late 1940’s. He passed away when I was 3 or 4. DH likes his cottage cheese with pineapple chunks, (not the whole pineapple.)🍍🍍🍍

I prefer my cottage cheese salted and will have it with cucumbers or dill pickles.

M in Oz

I will have to try that when my cucumbers start. I like my cottage cheese with garlic pepper and diced fresh tomato. DH likes his with canned peaches or pineapple- I do NOT like it that way.
    I use cottage cheese mostly in dishes. I found out (by accident) that when you freeze cottage cheese, it changes the texture so it is more like a ricotta- use it in my stuffed shells all the time. Now I buy and freeze it on purpose.

It's really good in lasagne too.

yes it is!!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2022
    Heather, scary fall! so sorry about your twisted ankle, but glad not something worse. Ugh.

Rebecca, I love the idea of being a minimalist. You are an inspiration.

Barbie, the photo of Jake and the critters warmed my heart. Adorable.

Covid Vaccines, I am not sure about countries other than the U.S., but in the USA, immunocompromised people can receive 4 doses (an extra primary dose and a booster).

Obesity, inactivity, and history of tobacco use are listed as qualifying conditions, in addition to cancer, diabetes, COPD, kidney disease, etc. We opted to receive the 4th dose earlier this month.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,446 Member
    In Tassie, we've got 2 vaccines and 1 booster available.

This is how the State is doing with those:
    yvpw81b0zqk6.png

My husband is "high risk" so I'm sure if a 4th comes available, we'll be in line for it early on.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We miss the companionship of a dog and are hoping to get a puppy in the future. The mama dog we liked will have a litter of puppies in a month or so. We will have to be patient while the puppies grow up enough to be weaned. We are looking forward to bringing a puppy home. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,387 Member
    Heather-glad ankle is healing. Living by myself, I have a fear of falling. I use handrail when going to basement. It is also a reason I got an apple watch that has a fall monitor. I have had a couple of trips where I fell and the watch asks if I am ok. If I don't respond within a given time, it ends a message to 911 with my location and notifies my emergency contacts.

Allie-good news on tests for you and Tracey. Very good job not jumping up for Carmine.

Rori-I got a new iPhone a couple of weeks ago and really like it. I do update more often than 8 years-I have discovered I like technology!

Terri-hope G/S heals soon and you stay negative. While things are looking much better we are not yet out of the woods (but the trees are thinning out!). I will probably make masks optional at my workplace in the next couple of weeks. We are following CDC guidance so we aren't always debating. Personally I will probably wear in stores, etc., for awhile.

Going to be a very rainy day here today. We have food pantry at church this evening. Will take my Columbia rain pants to change into. Was going to wear rubber boots, but think my waterproof hiking boots are more sensible for traction.

Off to face the wind and the rain.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    HALO ice cream - we don't have the same flavours everywhere. I like it okay as a not too high calorie and with some protein splurge... it's not incredible but a fair occasional treat.
    I think I actually enjoy soy yogurt (it's good texture here) we frozen berries and a tsp of maple syrup and a few seeds or nuts, and vanilla or orange flower water or cardoon. pretty healthy and feels a bit more "solid" but I like the halo okay as a quick alternative....
  • bananasandoranges
    HEATHER awesome for your exchange with the star!
  • bananasandoranges
    BARBARA I unfortunately have many veggie free meals. I try to have veggies in at least tone meal per day. I have had better periods - food wise.

today: cereal w fruit, soy yogurt protein cereal and seeds, an apple
    snack : student brought in traditional Vietnamese new year's treat (Banh Chung) and few students ate It. (2 can't eat pork and for the 2 others I don't know - not adventurous ? vegetarians ?). So I had two slivers to honor her. it was good I was hesitant for ingredients. it seemed wierd. the amount I had was very little calories.
    lunch: take away sushi maki and Vietnamese spring roll

so very little veggie : just the lettuce wrapping the spring roll and a few bean sprouts inside maybe...

dinner should be better right?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :) While watching Olympic figure skating yesterday (I'm a few days behind because I've recorded it) I heard about one woman who isolated in an RV on her family's property for 14 days before the Olympics to take all precautions to avoid Covid and another who practiced at an empty skating rink from midnight to 3 AM each night so she could stay away from other people. It made me feel better about how we have stayed isolated. I was sad last week to hear that one of the US men's figure skaters missed skating in the Olympics because of a positive Covid test.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,600 Member
    We are expecting Storm Eunice tomorrow 60-80 mile an hour winds. Hope our tv aerial stays up! It should be a bit better by the time our guests set out for us on Saturday.

I did a good writing session this morning. It's always great when you set out with a reluctant heart, struggle for a bit and then it comes together and you have actually written quite a lot. :D
    I still feel a bit in shock from my fall. I am just sooooooo grateful it wasn't worse.

Lots of AF drink arrived. I'm interested to try the fizzy cucumber infused water. :o:p:*

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
    Tttttt
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Lisa))) — I am hopeful that your problems with the VA will be resolved in your favor and sooner rather than later. You deserve to receive the medicines your doctor prescribes. ⭐️❤️⭐️
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,519 Member
    :)<3:)