WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Awww I love you all too
    I went up to Trudys for dinner..we had a nice time.. Trudy told me she is a platinum member with Hilton and there reservations are services are done remotely,this started before Covid.. so she told me to let Tracy know about that ,Tracy does have the experience with doing that kind of thing with scheduling.. so here is hoping..
    Im going with Tracy up to Hartford tomorrow so she can get bloodwork done and i can stay in the car with mr Miles..we have more than a month before she goes back to work so we shall see what happens in between..
    I'll pray about it.. today is the 22nd anniversary of my moms passing.. how i miss her..but I know her and dad are together and are keeping an eye out on the family
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    <3Heather, I'm so sorry about your fall.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,704 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

A few random thoughts…

Allie – like most of us “Oldies” who have known you for years, I too have been concerned about the babysitting venture. Although if I read this right it would be 4 hours a day, 3 days a week so a total of 12 hours. My concern is creep – the oh can you watch him while I shop, or work overtime, or…. Can you just stay until time to pick up Carmine? Nothing you can do until it happens except for thinking out a plan for how to respond. Creep is harder to deal with after it starts than to deal with it the very first time.

Katla – could you just pin a piece of fabric on to the headliner to cover the skylight, so it was not so bright?

Heather - Ouch!!! take care of it!

For about a month I have been trying to put 2-3 hours of work in my yard every day – we have had unseasonably warm weather, so I am trying to take advantage of it. And it is really showing, the yard is more cleaned up/trimmed then it ever is in February!

Which is great as I have a couple of bigger projects I want to take on, and this may be the year. My on-going yard plan is to have the front yard be low water but full of plants/flowers. I have not watered in 5 years and in my climate there is no rain from May to October. I do have 6 pots that I do water, but that’s it. I have 4 inches of bark around every plant, and all the paths are flagstone.

There are dozens of daffodils, snow drops, bluebells, iris, and California blue eyed grass – all bulbs. They die back in May-June and then the saliva’s have the yard to fill with color. Red/white hot lips, purple and white Mexican sage, orange and yellow lions mane, and in the center of it all is a plumbago that is sky blue!

The back is grass, and veggie garden, with Peach, Lemon and pomegranate trees, Olallieberry and grape vines. I have started tomatoes, eggplant (aubergine) and peppers in the green house. I think I will put another round of peppers in as not as many came up as I had hoped. The seed is aging and not all are viable. In another month I’ll put in zucchini (1)(( courgettes)), acorn and butternut squash, snow peas (mangetout), carrots, chard, basil and a row of beets (beet root) I also want to try some lettuce or spinach, I have not had luck with those in the past, but I am hoping! I also saw my first asparagus of the season today

Thinking of you all, and hoping for a happy healthy day
    Smiles Kim in N. California

All those veggies, I wanna be your neighbor!💖👍. Sounds very industrious, but that's just because I don't have a green thumb.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,704 Member
    Heather, oh no! Hope your injuries heal quickly! Let the kids play doctor, with you, but your medicine is your wonderful stinky cheeses, and stewed fruits.👍💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    Sue - are they good apples?

Barbara -I am a firm believer that age means nothing about knowing of you love someone. I know two couples, 1 going into their 40th anniversary, another been together 10 years now, that met in kindergarten and swore they would marry the other.
    I love your love story. We were married in ‘87 too.

Rebecca - another great story.

Machka - have you thought of applesauce. I don’t like it myself but I know many do.

Allie - like the others I hope you don’t take too much on. If you are watching Miles will you be expected to drive Carmine back and forth, let Homer out. They ask a lot of you and don’t seem to take your health into consideration.

Heather - looks like a great day with the Grands until the fall. Hope you heal fast.

Katla - car problems are my pain this week too. Mine is brakes I think. It is parked right now.

Michele - the NASCAR break didn’t seem long this year at all.

Kim - the creep, I’ve never thought of that in quite that way before. It spoke to me.

I started a project to stop myself from eating out of boredom. My BF has asked me for a stocking for Christmas, of course I can’t give her one without her husband, then I can’t do one for her and not my brother and his wife. I then thought, well I might as well do them for Rodger’s parents and sister. I have designed 4 this past weekend and have some of the felt on those tacked on. This weekend I’ll design 3 more. I should have my East coast presents complete except for my nephew and mother by Easter. I’ll thank myself for this come Fall.

Work is still work, so stressful.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Kim,

The repair company left the roof glass in place on our car. They removed shade screening under the glass because it wasn’t doing what it should & has to be replaced. They are ordering parts from Germany to finish the repair. I don’t know how long this will take. We’ve been told it will be a minimum of 8 weeks.

Meanwhile we are looking for a puppy. Our veterinarian’s staff gave us the name of a well regarded breeder of healthy poodle puppies. We hope to get a puppy after it is born and ready to come to us later this summer.

Katla
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,995 Member
    Tracy - Gravensteins are very tart apples best used in cooking. I have used them in apple crisp and pie. They would probably make good applesauce or apple butter.

Crocus are up and hyacinth are starting.

Believe in your capacity for change, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,467 Member
    Sorry about your ankle, Heather!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,467 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka stunning river pics. Is that near where you live or was it an excursion?

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

That was during a little trip up north last weekend. :)

It's near a place we've stayed quite frequently and when we're there, I try to go for that walk.

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Morning ladies
    Thank you ladies i will take all your thoughts and concerns into consideration.. Kim i think she would be working M-F 8-12 but with that being said she can drop Carmine at school and with it getting warmer will tell her she can walk home or Tracy will have to pick up. We shall see..
    Im hoping some other jon comes up and maybeshe can get a job with Hilton and work from home that would solve alot of issues.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,818 Member
    (((Beth and Katie))) 💕💖💕
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,818 Member
    edited February 2022