WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Didnโ€™t totally understand what โ€œshutting down the networkโ€ meant. I just meant that I canโ€™t access my Word documents, etc. But I can get here.

Having some eggs for breakfast right now. Eggs usually keep me really full. I know that the last 2 times we got to Hardeville to get gas, I was too full to eat lunch. Vince was hungry, he only has cereal for breakfast.

M โ€“ if you have an IP, applesauce is great. It just isnโ€™t worth it financially unless you get free apples.

I think we are probably the only house in American that WASNโ€™T watching the Super Bowl. I have absolutely no interest (other than seeing those guys in the tight pants running), and lately Vince has no interest, ever since the kneeling stuff started.

Katie โ€“ thank you for telling me that the โ€œyesโ€ is probably not a big deal. No, I didnโ€™t give them any financial info or personal info. Weโ€™ll just keep an eye open. I donโ€™t have any financial info on my phone (other than the info about how much is in my โ€œlandscapeโ€ fund). Now Vince does. He normally doesnโ€™t access bank accounts etc from his phone but his laptop. You are such a good daughter! Being there for your mom.

When we first moved here, we had wild raspberries growing at the end of our road. They are cut down now, but I remember when they were growing someone in the neighborhood used to come and pick them. We had an apple tree in our third house and the deer used to come and eat the apples, too.

Barbara โ€“ banks know about this โ€œyesโ€ hack so I would think that their protocol would be to ask another personal question, not just take a โ€œyesโ€ answer when asking if someone can access an account. I would think a bank would be smarter than that. Or at least I would hope so

Barbara and M โ€“ thanks for the links. Iโ€™ll have to check them out when we get to FL since I really donโ€™t have time right now.

Loki has been having diarrhea. Ever since Clyde passed, he seems to be lost. They were the best of friends. Yes, many times Loki viewed Clyde as โ€œthat annoying little brotherโ€, but they would also many times lay next to each other and groom each other. I believe this diarrhea and lack of wanting to eat is a broken heart. Vince is concerned but thatโ€™s what I believe. Hopefully, heโ€™ll get over this.

Michele NC
    soon to be FL
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy Valentine's Day to All <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,378 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I picked out my own presents for DH to give me for V day. One was out of stock, so I ordered the other for him. :p Then the first one arrived, so I got both! :) An expensive day for DH.

Beautiful blue sky, so I suggested we went for a walk TOGETHER. At first he said no, then it dawned on him that this was meant to be a romantic suggestion. It was lovely on the seafront, with the waves pounding on the shingle.

Had our blinis with faux caviar for lunch. Tonight is skate. Yummo! We will share half a bottle of champagne. Got to keep my calories to 1500.

Sorting out what I am going to send to the newspaper. I resurrected and edited an old article about how I told my adult children, so might send that instead of the original. I will have another look this afternoon to see if I can adapt the one I first sent her.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,102 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Happy Valentine's Day :flowerforyou:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Allie - how long until Tracy is off of her maternity leave? Hopefully she has a few weeks to figure this all out.

Kim in N. California
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    wxphg8mhplm7.png

๐Ÿ’žI hope you have a fantastic time Celebrating Valentine's Day ๐Ÿ’ž

๐Ÿ’ž Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3o:)<3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Guys came out and got the waterline to our rental cabin fixed. Yay! I got paperwork done for Claiming the residue of my mom's IRA. Not looking forward to standing in line at the post office to get it sent certified mail. The last 2 times I have been to the post office I have had to wait in line for about 30 minutes because they are short staffed.

Believe in your capacity to change, Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Car challenge caused by a glass bit on the roof that can be opened to let air in. We had a leak because of that bit. The replacement part has been ordered from Germany today. We are in the process of figuring out how to keep everything dry until the part gets here. We have a garage but it is full and it is doubtful the car will fit.

Grumbling about how to manage everything. I suspect a good tarp is our best safeguard until the part gets in. The engine and drivability are both awesome.

๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,832 Member
    Options
    Nighty night ๐ŸŒ™ going to try and not stress about things i have no control over
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Finished my 250 calories of exercise. It took longer because I slept late then after lunch I had to go to the grocery store for my parents. They have been out of bread flour for a month without telling me, but today they ran out of the breadmaker bread and couldn't make more. So the other three types of bread we have would not suffice until tomorrow, so I did the groceries today and got flour. Have they made the bread? Of course not. So I finished up my exercise after dinner, for the Win! Yay!

My mom promised she would get her blood work done tomorrow. She probably won't remember, but she might do it if gently persuaded. I'm hopeful.

Annie in Delaware