WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    So sorry Barbara about your IT hassles. Boo! :#

Did my roots. Natural blonde again. :p My cut and roots should last me through the cruise, which ends in six and a half weeks. I normally last eight weeks at least.

Not feeling like doing my article . Sunday afternoon does not feel right. Will do it tomorrow morning.

Might watch a film this afternoon after rowing as DH will be watching England v Italy Rugby in his study.

Mushroom risotto for dinner with broccoli.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Kay and Beth)))

My heart <3 goes out to you and the others on this thread who have taken on responsibility for their aged parents.

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept pretty well last night and am watching cooking shows this morning.
    Tracy didnt contact me until last night and i think post pardum is kicking in poor baby.. wish i could take it all away for her..
    Im enjoying a cup of tea and Alfie and I are relaxing..no big plans today.
    Susan is so happy with her new TV .makes me happy
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    REBECCA

Quote from Barbara: "Rebecca, so will Athena go to Hollywood before or after she enlists in the Navy?"

This brought a smile to my face! She is such a lovely child!

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie— We are planning & hoping to buy a poodle puppy from the breeder. She will have puppies at the end of March. We were charmed by a medium sized gray dog, and overwhelmed at two stunning black standard poodles that were ready to go to a dog show. Their backs were 25 inches high according to the breeder. My hope is to have a healthy middle sized dog about the height of my knees. We are hopeful. Waiting is not easy.

Katla
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Jari Love’s Get Ripped to the Core DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a stretching DVD and then more of Leslie Sansone’s 5 Day Walk DVD.

Rori – isn’t it grand when you are working you know deep in your heart that if for some reason you lose your job, food is still going to be bought (it may mean the difference between steak and chicken, but you’ll still eat) and the bills will still get paid? And that you can regulate things like how much you’ll work rather than being in the position of having to get as many hours as you can? I love it! You job sounds great. I, too, like my job, it’s only 6 minutes from the house. Works for me. I’m so happy for you and to see you wonderfully getting involved. That cartoon is so kewl

Debbie – I needed to bury my father’s ashes asap. I just needed closure. Vince said “I have to work”. So I told him that I’d like him to be there, but if he wasn’t I was going by myself. I just needed the closure. He did come. Never did get to MO to bury his mother’s ashes. I knew he wouldn’t. It’s only been about 15 years. So that’s why I had them sent to his cousin in MO. I knew that they’d hold onto them but eventually bury them. Which is what should be done. Vince doesn’t want to bury any of the cats ashes, either. Actually, to me it’s a bit ridiculous to spend so much money cremating a pet. Don’t get me wrong, I would NEVER hurt an animal. But it’s still a pet, yes, it becomes a member of the family. But it’s not a child, it’s still a pet But if it makes him feel better, so be it. Fortunately, we’re in the position where we can do it.

Yesterday I made a bad mistake. Vince called to say that he was at the place to get Clyde’s ashes and to stay by my phone (cell) and he would call when he was leaving so we could prebowl. Well, as I was driving the phone rang. I honestly thought it was Vince. The caller said “is this Michele” and I instinctively answered “yes, it is”. I seriously thought it was Vince with a bad connection. Well, after I said that the caller hung up. So I immediately told Vince and tried to do a reverse lookup on the phone number. Couldn’t find anything before I had to leave. Fortunately, they don’t have my credit card number or anything else. Wonder what they can do? Anyone know?

Rebecca – I remember how I felt when Jess left for St. Kitts. One thing that kept my going was the knowledge that it’s not forever. In the end, she got tired of being out of the states (at least I think so) and she transferred to Iowa State. Speaking of which, she graduates in May.

Getting ready to leave for FL. I wish Vince didn’t wait until the last minute to do things. Like I have the bags I’m going to take for grocery shopping. He just told me that he needs one for the cat’s food, etc. Not sure why he can’t put it in the container with their dry food. That’s what we always used to do. I already had the bags put away, now I need to go get one. I know that isn’t a big deal. But he always waits until the last minute to do things. Like I put insulated containers in the fridge for meds, etc. Today I got the meds out to see which container they’d fit into. He was going to do that tomorrow. Oh well, I’m just going to do my thing and if he forgets something – not my problem. Update, we're not taking the container of dry off. Clyde was really the only one who ate it. Loki doesn't eat much at all and Lexi doesn't eat any of it.

Anne DE – would your mom respond to a “reward” – a chocolate only after taking the bp med. The downside is that you’d probably have to be there to give her the “reward”

The guy (the one that I’ve been waiting almost a year for) came to talk about what plants they are going to put in. Wish he’d called first. Anyway, we have a plan. Honestly, he’s a great guy but it seems to take FOREVER and I have to call and call and call to get him to do things. I contacted another landscaper. I told him I was impressed (and I was) with the work he did for one of our neighbors and then I found out that he does the landscaping for the Green Room and I’ve always admired it. So I want him to do our landscaping.

Beth – (((HUG)))

Katie (((BIG HUG)))). Remember to take care of YOU, too. I’m so so sorry about your dad. I can feel your pain. Don’t worry about your health plan. Remember, tho, that worrying does burn calories so you might not be as bad off as you think you are. Love Sue’s words for you (having two hands). How right she is!

Rebecca – you’ve made my day. Looks like we just may have a model in the making!

Have a question for everyone. Getting ready to send Jess’ graduation announcements out. We’re just not sure if sending one to someone in the family who we haven’t seen (and neither has Jess) in years. Now a wedding invitation to me would be viewed as looking for a gift. But a graduation announcement? To me, it would (perhaps). But Jess says that it wouldn’t. What do you all think?

Michele NC
    who is getting excited since FL is so close.

Wise words, its not forever. Owain will be stateside soon. Galen will be there from 2 to 6 years. He will come to visit once or twice. Knowing their lives do not resolve around Lee and I is hard but its also encouraging because they are in the drivers seat of their own lives.
    I asked my daughter in law when I was gonna see her in a grocery store ad, she answered me with probably not ever because its like hurting nails to get her to smile, she hates her photo taken, and does not sit still.😂😁. Course her pics make momma a lier!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, dog group, dogs to powerline, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO
    Bonus: 52 mins grooming Tumble,
    Workin’ on it: 140.7, :laugh: H20x6, active 5:14
    Friendly February 2022
    12: Focus on being kind rather than being right. Ah, yes.
    13: Smile at the people you see and brighten their day.
    14: Tell a loved one or friend why they are special to you.

This morning, inbox messages from shortly after midnight back to Jan 1 year all moved to trash. Suspicious timing with the creepy FB cover pic change. Now I’m afraid to back up my system or work on taxes. Pfaugh. Copied most recent files to the older external hard drive then took the laptop to the pc guy for “tuneup” and cleansing. He’ll work on the microphone/Zoom problem at the same time. Then this morning got an email alert that my social security number was found on the Dark Web. Went to Experian and entered a free one month fraud alert. Using Joe’s laptop for now, wireless turned off and connected via ethernet. Double Pfaugh.

Barbie, what you said about grief. Amen.
    Debbie considering your MIL, your husband’s emotional connections to pets instead of people makes some sense. Him laughing it off is probably another coping mechanism. Hard for you though. ((hugs))
    Annie ((hugs)). So hard to be caregiver to the uncooperative. Hope the candy/carrot works, know you can’t use a stick. ((hugs))
    Beth Oh no! ((hugs))
    Kay 😢 ((hugs)) hard times.
    Kim thank you so much for sharing your story. Being able to value myself independently of my parents was key in surviving a suicidal time in my teens. Thankful for good counselors, yours, mine and ours.
    Rebecca, so will Athena go to Hollywood before or after she enlists in the Navy?
    Michiele, I think the bad guys can record your voice saying “Yes” and use it to answer credit applications or identity confirming questions. It is very worrisome. Put a fraud alert on your accounts at experian.com right away. Call your bank or local police department for other suggestions and let us know what you learn.
    Betsy congratulations!
    Ginny, Evelyn, Rori, Sue, pip, Machka and everyone I’ve missed, 💘 and ((hugs)).

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

Oh we can dream can't we?!!!!! I do not think either! My son would not allow her to go to Hollywood, and her momma would not allow her to be in the Navy. But her sassiness, she might do it all regardless!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    edited February 2022
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    REBECCA

Quote from Barbara: "Rebecca, so will Athena go to Hollywood before or after she enlists in the Navy?"

This brought a smile to my face! She is such a lovely child!

Carol in GA

She will star in a movie entitled, "The Girl With The Thousand Faces". 😁💖👍. Just love that cherub to pieces!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Barbara- THANK YOU-

Kim- I had to look up olallieberries. I had never heard of them. We have thornless blackberries at mom's(hopefully they survived this past year- 2 100ft rows of them that dad planted). I have two small plants that he started.
    My raspberries have truly taken over in the front. I planted in two wine barrels. They spread(roots going through the bottom) into the lawn and into other wine barrels and along the walk way. I trellis them up but will dig some up again if they spread any further. They took over the area the strawberries were growing. I have a couple gallon bags full of berries in the freezer, need to do something with them so I can have the room back from them. I think I will cook them down and make freezer jam or take the cooked jam to mom and she can help me can/seal them.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    DH reminded me that the Poodle puppies will be born at the end of March. They won’t be ready to go to new homes for at least nine weeks before they will be ready to go to their new families. <3 I am excited for the future possibilities.

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Oooo