Asked for help, REFUSED! *rant*

Options

Replies

• joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    A person must be really in bad shape, more than they know, if a group of overweight people reject him. And for one of those overweight people to look at him and exclaim "you need a doctor!" is telling something.

I beleive when the fat person (like me) realizes that the world does not or cannot accommodate their girth, when things become so uncomfortabel, and the person cant even find a two-seater to sit in, cant go to the theatre because there are no seats wide enough, and cant walk more than 1 city block, and cant breathe while walking up steps, and things get so hard that their pants rip in public, when they try to join a fat group and even the fat people reject him, then when life becomes so uncomfortble that they cant even breathe, they cant even control their food choices, and when the person realized how deathly sick that their fat might actually kill them and they will have to be on a breathing tube because their poor heart gave out finally, then that is the pain that will motivate them to change.

As long as someone is catered to, is not made uncomfortable, wants only someone to pity them, and coddle them, and if a person can go along in life "ok" and not be discomforted because of their large girth, then they will not change.. no reason to. coz food tastes better than the denying of it. and life accommodates them in general, so no need to change.

I think its a damn good thing that the OP got rejected.. This is the first step in getting so angry - that they will get angry enough at themselves for getting so damn big that even the fatties reject him. He needs to get angry at himself ,, and how he got there, and now how to get out of it so he wont go there EVER again.

yes i said it - "fatties".. its a hard word to take, but its reality.

I think I love you... :drinker: :flowerforyou:

QWell I'm sure you'll be both delighted to my weight causes my daily abuse, discomfort and humiliation. Isn;t that wonderful?
    It has done for the last 8 yrs or so, and i have felt so much anger about how i have been treated (yes, i think it is WRONG to suffer verbal abuse, no one 'deserves' that) and how things are for me, at myself and others.... but still I am fat??? Maybe people can't be humiliated into losing weight because it is actually totally demotivating. The ppl who succeed tend to be those who are leaning to feel good about themselves. I am trying to love myself because i think it is helpful ingeneral and for weightloss. Is it ok? Or is it better that I hate myself? Because I can easily do that too.

ps.i hear 'fattie' just about everyday, you gonna have to try a lot harder,i bet you wont even come close to some of the stuff i heard.
  • joselo2
    Options
    Lol i do disagree but writing to mps is pointless, we all know that.

Why don't you join WW or slimming world?

Seems to me your wasting time when you could already be getting started some other way just so you don't have to pay, and also so you can have someone else to put the blame onto?

This is the harshest post I've ever written and I'm sorry about that, but I'm rather irked over the nhs putting money towards things that people bring on themselves and I'm not just talking weight! When i lost a dear friend the other year because they couldn't afford to fund enough ambulances and she bled out in rta because it took to long for the closest ambulance to get there. So yes i am a little sore on how they use my taxes and your attitude of entitlement!
    yeah,we live in a democracy so i guess your view must be out of step with whats been voted in or whatever, hate when that happens.

I AM getting started, working at it everyday, lost 60lbs already but i recognise there is still weight to lose and i think help towards this would be good.

i can understand your anger, i felt all kinds of anger when someone close to me died, some of it rational, some of it not. But anger is a very big part of grief, I suppose. I guess cases like you illustrate demonstarted just how vital for nhs to make effective use of resources. just so happens i see this sort of thing as a very good use, because it is much cheaper than funding the carw an obese person may need in later life if they dont get early intervention.

i think all lives have value, i even include myself in that. we are all worth investing in. But this not a political debate so oh well.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    When i lost a dear friend the other year because they couldn't afford to fund enough ambulances and she bled out in rta because it took to long for the closest ambulance to get there. So yes i am a little sore on how they use my taxes and your attitude of entitlement!

To play devil's advocate - I can tell you that road traffic accidents are the biggest killer of young people, worldwide. Driving in cars is high-risk. We all make our choices.

My heart breaks for you and your friend.. the same has happened to me.. but blaming people who smoke/eat/drink too much isn't going to help. They have their reasons.
  • joselo2
    Options
    Hmm, checking out some links for programmes they might have near me, that one of the minority of helpful ppl in this thread showed me... Oh dear, there is a thing speically for men with BMI over 30... so far so good except it is based around football... because the medium of football will helpf engage 'blokes' in exercise. shame I am not a proper bloke. OMG football, uuugh! lol. Oh well there will be something, i just keep lookin.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    And clearly you are a very bitter person! How dare you say my opinion is outdated! You hide behind a lot of words but you come across as wallowing in self pity, you seem to have always heard or had worse, when you realise that the world doesn't revolve around you in everyone's eyes and grow up you might find responses from people in the world different!

So you've done it on your own? Seems to me though you just don't want to do it for yourself, otherwise you'd quit moaning and throwing the woe is me and everyone owes me something attitude and get on with it like the rest of us 'fatties' go on prove me wrong, prove MY tax isn't wasted and you can solve your own problems like you think you can? Or just admit you have a problem right now not what may happen in the future and stop trying to sponge off the nhs do it yourself for yourself, and no i don't think it should pay for you now to save money in the future when you need cranes, i think if you truely do realise you have a problem like you say you do then i think you and anyone else in that situation should deal with it and not try and cop out. The rest of us here have, and plenty of super obese people on here have, there's some great stories in success forum, try reading them or messaging those wonderful people for pointers. you go on about the holistic approach and not having a trainer etc, because they won't approach it like that! Which proves you've not researched it, as a decent trainer will set a sustainable meal and exercise plan probably better than a gps advice as they have more time for you.
  • Hestion
    Options
    When i lost a dear friend the other year because they couldn't afford to fund enough ambulances and she bled out in rta because it took to long for the closest ambulance to get there. So yes i am a little sore on how they use my taxes and your attitude of entitlement!

To play devil's advocate - I can tell you that road traffic accidents are the biggest killer of young people, worldwide. Driving in cars is high-risk. We all make our choices.

My heart breaks for you and your friend.. the same has happened to me.. but blaming people who smoke/eat/drink too much isn't going to help. They have their reasons.

i blame the nhs for allowing it, I'm sorry but yes rta is a big killer, but if funding was correctly directed and the ambulance hadn't taken so long because there wasn't enough, that is to blame, while they provide patches and what have you to a smoker people die which may not have died?
  • joselo2
    Options
    I never said your views were out of date, simply that they were perhaps out of step with that of the governement, and the majority who voted them in. Possibly. I don't have a clue really, I just wonder why they would have a system if everyone opposed it.

I am doing something about it, I lost 60lbs already. That doesn't happen without hardwork. I am doing really quite excellently, and seeking advice about how I can continue to do so. Th personal trainer apporach is not for me, i am working with in the ways that do work for me. and that is something i know, since i have already been very successful. No shame in asking for a little help is all.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

Or maybe the group is geared towards a specific set of individuals and you don't fit the criteria...?

People are not out to get you.

There are still other ways to educate yourself on how to get healthy.

QFT

Their group/their rules. Find a group you meet the criteria for.
  • Hestion
    Options
    I never said your views were out of date, simply that they were perhaps out of step with that of the governement, and the majority who voted them in. Possibly. I don't have a clue really, I just wonder why they would have a system if everyone opposed it.

I am doing something about it, I lost 60lbs already. That doesn't happen without hardwork. I am doing really quite excellently, and seeking advice about how I can continue to do so. Th personal trainer apporach is not for me, i am working with in the ways that do work for me. and that is something i know, since i have already been very successful. No shame in asking for a little help is all.

I apologise for misinterpreting that, but we all know the government does what suits them and not really what benefits us!

Shame that's not the way you want to go as you know what its the best choice i ever made, and to begin with i didn't want to do it.

Then keep at it! If its working don't go finding reasons to change it!
  • Butterfiemorning
    Butterfiemorning Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do this weight loss thing on your own...Help yourself..get on bodybuilding.com and type in diets to lose weight. Start slowly with exercise that just gets you moving in your own house. Then type in easy beginner exercises and work from there. The KEY is to set an easy calorie amount to eat each day...subtract 500 calories from that amount and eat that amount of calories each day while adding some walking or sitting on a chair and just lifting one knee up at a time. If you notice you are staying at the same weight, figure out how many calories you are consuming to weigh that amount and subtract 500 calories from it. That will start you up again. Each time you stall, subtract 250 or 500 calories. I hope this helps you.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I know it is entitle to make it's own rules but I just think those rules are not fair. I don't want to have to go to a hospital to get help, I want help in that kind of setting. I really feel I would benefit from it, so I don't know why I can't. I think I could keep up because I have as good brain as anyone and I always try my best. I don't know why they assume I couldn't. I don't know that there are any other groups out there, this is the main local organisation for this sort of thing. It's just really frustrating

I don't assume they are out to get me, I just feel it's not fair.

It's not fair, but life is not fair. Are you going to let that stop you?

It's not fair that thin people treat heavy people bad in the gym, but it happens. Are you going to let that stop you?

It's not fair that this group (which probably limits you due to liability concerns, not having adequate training, all the things others have said) wants you there but it happens. Are you going to let that stop you?

It's not fair that people look at you and think you can't participate but it happens. Are you going to let that stop you?
    (I am lighter than you, but I'm still way heavier than all the ladies in my military circles and I get angry when people assume I can't do things that they can- as in, I have to show them pictures to prove I actually did Tough Mudder or ran a race if they didn't already know me or weren't there. BUT I DON'T LET IT STOP ME).

DON'T LET IT STOP YOU!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    As long as you play the victim, you will be the victim.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    A person must be really in bad shape, more than they know, if a group of overweight people reject him. And for one of those overweight people to look at him and exclaim "you need a doctor!" is telling something.

I beleive when the fat person (like me) realizes that the world does not or cannot accommodate their girth, when things become so uncomfortabel, and the person cant even find a two-seater to sit in, cant go to the theatre because there are no seats wide enough, and cant walk more than 1 city block, and cant breathe while walking up steps, and things get so hard that their pants rip in public, when they try to join a fat group and even the fat people reject him, then when life becomes so uncomfortble that they cant even breathe, they cant even control their food choices, and when the person realized how deathly sick that their fat might actually kill them and they will have to be on a breathing tube because their poor heart gave out finally, then that is the pain that will motivate them to change.

As long as someone is catered to, is not made uncomfortable, wants only someone to pity them, and coddle them, and if a person can go along in life "ok" and not be discomforted because of their large girth, then they will not change.. no reason to. coz food tastes better than the denying of it. and life accommodates them in general, so no need to change.

I think its a damn good thing that the OP got rejected.. This is the first step in getting so angry - that they will get angry enough at themselves for getting so damn big that even the fatties reject him. He needs to get angry at himself ,, and how he got there, and now how to get out of it so he wont go there EVER again.

QWell I'm sure you'll be both delighted to my weight causes my daily abuse, discomfort and humiliation. Isn;t that wonderful?
    It has done for the last 8 yrs or so, and i have felt so much anger about how i have been treated (yes, i think it is WRONG to suffer verbal abuse, no one 'deserves' that) and how things are for me, at myself and others.... but still I am fat??? Maybe people can't be humiliated into losing weight because it is actually totally demotivating. The ppl who succeed tend to be those who are leaning to feel good about themselves. I am trying to love myself because i think it is helpful ingeneral and for weightloss. Is it ok? Or is it better that I hate myself? Because I can easily do that too.

ps.i hear 'fattie' just about everyday, you gonna have to try a lot harder,i bet you wont even come close to some of the stuff i heard.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

If what I said made you get so mad at me that you will make a change to show me you can do it, then good! Your words cant hurt me, I want you to get so riled up at yourself that you will want to stop being sick and fat!

I hope whatever I said challenges you to get off your butt and lose weight.

You got yourself into it, now, what are you going to do about it? curse the world for being unfair, or get mad at yourself for putting yourself into 500 pounds!

I dont need to call you names, i got my point across.

Now, are you going to be mad at the world for injustice, OR are you going to do something about yourself, that which NO ONE can control but YOU.

You already lost 62 pounds - GOOD FOR YOU! now, go on and continue,, if one door shuts go find another.

Actually, you are doing it on your own, just continue.

I do think a doctor's supervision might be good - #1 a physical exam to show whats going on inside and #2, every 6 weeks you have someone to look forward to - make a follow up apppointment and when the time comes for your next appt, you can be proud of all the weight you will have lost.

Now, whatcha gonna do?
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm sure their recommendation to seek help at the hospital was purely due to liability issues. Try not to take it personally.

This is also my suspicion. I like the advice to try and not take it personally. It would be very hard but perhaps you can get a fitbit or other motivational device. I was feeling down about my weight (I have over 100 # to lose) and thought I couldn't do it without surgery. I bought a fitbit flex, started riding my bike and walking at the beginning to 5000 steps a day (hard for me to get 10000 initially and wanted to feel good so I lowered the goal to one I COULD accomplish) and have been logging my food daily, In just a few weeks, I've lost a good chunk of weight. I then started going to the gym and circuit training as well as treadmill and bike on the days that it is too hot to ride.

I was very embarrassed when I bought my bike a year ago. I was very heavy and I thought there was no bike that could support my weight. I didn't have to get a special bike or have custom tires made. I ride a regular bike and love it!

Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Actually... it's none of those reasons. It is because at this point, you are a liability. With a BMI of 61, you cannot physically participate in the same activities with the other members of the class because of the strain you could place on your heart. You may not want to be treated as a patient, but at this point, your obesity is a medical issue.

Please don't let this rejection be an excuse not to address your issues. Instead, use it as a motivator to get yourself into a condition where you can participate in such activities.

Best of luck and try very hard not to hold on to the negativity. It's not going to help you get anything accomplished.

^^This. Let go of the negativity and take their suggestions to heart, use it as a motivator.
  • joselo2
    Options

If what I said made you get so mad at me that you will make a change to show me you can do it, then good! Your words cant hurt me, I want you to get so riled up at yourself that you will want to stop being sick and fat!

I hope whatever I said challenges you to get off your butt and lose weight.

You got yourself into it, now, what are you going to do about it? curse the world for being unfair, or get mad at yourself for putting yourself into 500 pounds!

As I said, anger or negative feelings don't mptivate me to change. If anything they make me feel worse and less motivated. I have taken a maasive amount of abuse and also inconvenience and humiliation for my weightm it's nothing new at all. It doesn't work! When stuff like that happens, it has me running for the takeaway. feeling GOOD about myself is what helps.

Don't flatter yourself that your words hve had any power, I have not been challenged to anything. I am doing this for myself (even though i sorta would like to show those ppl who told me i couldnt be in their group!), not to please someone on line who i don't even know, or because I have decided the words on a forum are the gospel truth You say my words dont hurt you, well your words dont hurt ME, I am so used to it. But make no mistake they dont help me.

If there is anyone in the this thread who has helped me on the path back to weight loss, it's the people who are kind constructive and supportive.

Also, i don't weight 500lbs. Not that I am judging ppl who do but i dont.

PS for all- I called the exercise class, they told me the reason is the BMI limits represents their remit and as an NHS service they really can't deviate from that, as its how funding works.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

I think that behavior is called "enabling". I know first hand that it doesn't work when trying to get an alcoholic sober or when trying to get an addict clean. I doubt enabling helps an obese individual get healthy. You are right - Pain and discomfort is a great motivator.
  • joselo2
    Options
    Off on a bit of a tangent but i've heard the american use of enabling, and it is always negative.

In the uk enabling is positive thing. It means giving someone the support, assisitance, information, resources, whatever, to acheive something they couldn't alone. People who work to support disabled people, for example, are sometimes called enablement workers. just a funny thing, one of these '2 nations seperated by a common language' things!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Enabling IS a negative thing. It's associated with folks surrounding those who have addictions and catering to them, so as not to rock the boat.

That's always a bad thing and gives the person in question no motivation to change whatsoever.

People in this thread are not jumping on you because you are overweight - they are jumping on you because you WANT to be enabled.