Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.
Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Are harsh straightforward reality checks good?

Options
124»

Replies

• xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    loafylaw wrote: »
    This is something I struggle with. My daughter is very overweight and I say nothing. She sometimes says she is fat and I just say something like “I know it is frustrating when you want to lose and can’t” or I just say nothing. I don’t deny it but I see no reason to affirm what she knows. I am never sure of the right thing to say.

It sounds like maybe you should open. A discussion, not tell her something. How would something like this work: "do you want to talk about it?"..... "is there any way I can be helpful?" Or "I worry about you weight, but I care more about your happiness. What would you want me to do?"