Climbing back on the merry-go-round...

I am 60 years old and looking for people who can help me be more accountable and encourage me in my goal of losing weight and regaining control of my diabetes, reduce the effects of my spinal stenosis, arthritis and fibromyalgia.

Replies

• yorkiepuddings
    yorkiepuddings Posts: 4 Member
    Hiya. I too have Fibromyalgia and other underlying illnesses which don't really help in me trying to get fit and lose weight too. I'm 58. Add me by all means. I could do with some like-minded friends on here to help " get things in the road" xx
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,742 Member
    Hi, and welcome!

You might find some like-minded encouraging folks on this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up#latest

Don't be dismayed if you open it up and see old posts: It's been going on a long time, and is still active. The new posts are at the end, on higher numbered pages.

I used MFP to lose 50+ pounds back in 2015-16 (class 1 obese to healthy weight) when I was 59-60, so this can definitely be a helpful tool IMO. (I'm 66 now, maintaining a healthy weight since then.)

I admittedly don't have the extent of health challenges that you do, but weight loss and getting stronger have made very significant improvements in my quality of life when it comes to osteoarthritis and some other joint problems. Discomfort/pain are much reduced in both severity and frequency.

Wishing you success!
  • caNwa
    caNwa Posts: 26 Member
    Hello. I hear ya. Back on the Merry Go Round except it's not so merry!
  • Rozanne56
    Rozanne56 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Moxiemaiden. You and I seem to have plenty in common. I'm 66 with diabetes, arthritis, and much more. It's taken me years to take off 100 pounds and now I'm wanting to get the next hundred pounds off. Being accountable and having the support of others has helped me in the past. It's now time for me to get back on the Merry-Go-Round. Lets make it a positive ride.