WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

We’re visiting the clinic today for DH. Our daughter also wants to discuss me. 😕

I'm so thankful. I've been worried about you. We all care about you so much!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Yes! @Katla49 I am very glad to hear that!

M in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ So happy about your news!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Well I died for 1.5 hours, hard! I guess I needed it. Having coffee the way I like it, (not fasted black), and a knockoff brand of a blueberry poptart. I like the cheaper kind better! So essentially sugar and caffeine yay!
    Yay Pip, I am so happy, and relieved!
    Glad you love my cast iron pans, Nancutler! I do too! I bought them last summer, and they are really quite easy to maintain. I scrub them every so often with Kosher salt and the chain mail scrub Lodge sells. But other than that no worries. I use this one 12" and I have a 17" too. I have lids (kind of) from my old pans, but they are still a wee bit small and so I just balance 2 wooden spoons and perch the lids. I have priced the lids and they're like $25! So making due presently! I love making frittata's! Its like refrigerator soup for egg lovers!
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Karen - Would it help to take photos and write something about the object? Say something about why it is important to you? It could become a book about your family history. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather, A very helpful idea for certain items! Now that I think of it, taking photos of my mother's sewing table and writing the little blurb for the community Buy Nothing group was part of the "letting go" process, very similar to what you are suggesting!

Some of the nicer small items I have taken to a consignment shop for vintage collectibles - it helps to think that they will be purchased by someone who will treasure them.

But most of the stuff just needs to be pitched, or donated in a more pedestrian way, like a thrift shop or Freecycle.

My kids don't want anything.

Last spring the Buy Nothing Facebook group for the neighborhood we currently live in did a subdivision yard "sale" where everything was free. Oodles of people, big success! I found out about it too late to participate, but if they do it again this year I will probably put stuff out.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Zz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pip, h07195.gif

:) to everyone thinking about decluttering. It took me years to deal with all the stuff plus reading books on the subject and listening to more than 100 podcasts by The Minimalists

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    Options
    Pip: Hooray!

I’m slowly letting go of family ‘heirlooms’.

Clearing space is liberating.

Cheers and (((hugs))) in equal measures.

☘️ Terri
  • Janene5
    Janene5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've never done this, measure myself, in the beginning. This time I'm doing things differently!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Pip ! Such good news! I refreshed my MFP so many times today waiting to hear your news.....

Rest in Peace Madeleine Albright

smiles Kim in N California
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Pip, I'm doing the happy dance for you too!
    Katla, glad to hear that your daughter is there to make sure you get looked after too. Hope you all got some answers about hubby.
    Allie, happy to hear that Carmine seems to be settling down, hope that continues! Sorry to hear about Miles and his colic, my first one was like that, had a really cranky time for a few hours every night, but it didn't last (thank heavens!). You have definitely gotten some good advice from others here, hopefully something will work. My only suggestion would be to remind you that what worked yesterday might not work today, but what didn't work yesterday might work today! Babies are complicated creatures, I guess that's why they come out so cute! lol
    Lisa, sorry to hear that you are feeling loopy, do hope it goes away soon! Kelsey's soon to be ex is sure a piece of work, hope she has a good lawyer!
    Machka, love the dry stream! I've seen stuff like that before, didn't know what it was called, but it really is pleasing to the eye.
    Heather, sorry to hear that you have ill family members, hope they are better soon.
    Beth, sorry to hear about your mom's trials and tribulations!
    Lots of others I wanted to comment on, but my memory is failing me once again! I'm at work so have to make this short anyway, so I guess it's just as well! lol
    As always, congrats to those celebrating, hugs for those needing them and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • readandlift
    readandlift Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank for ALL the Welcomes! :)
    @pipcd34 That’s Wonderful news for you and your family!

🌼 Lucy
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip—❤️. I am happy that you have good news. Your update is great. It is wonderful that there were no signs of cancer. ❤️
  • readandlift
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today. Tomorrow I’m going to TRY to get to the gym and do a body pump DVD.

Later today I have an appt with a physicians assistant for the pain in my leg. More and more I’m convinced it’s sciatica. The pain starts in my backside and radiates down the leg. I’ve been using the voltaran. It just gets me from excruciating pain to pain. I know when I had sciatica on the other side I was convinced I needed hip replacement, but the MD just prescribed prednisone for me and inside of 3 days I was getting relief. Hopefully, this PA will do the same. Next I would probably try Aleve, but I think this is probably the faster route.

Beth – how wonderful you’re progressing so much. Sorry to hear about your mother.

Today Jerry got some sort of pin from BK. I think he needs something like that. See, I don’t need so much a visual but I think he does. I just said to him “that’s wonderful. See, all your hard work has paid off”. He did refer to me when I took him home today as his friend. He told me how he tries to help out his friends.

FINALLY replaced my windshield yesterday. Fortunately, it rained today so I could easily tell if it was leaking or not.

Stopped at Food Lion yesterday on my way home from work. Got Vince gatorade and they had cabbage on sale for 59 cents/pound so I got 2 heads. I’ll probably make some soup with at least one head, I’m going to try to look for ideas for the other head. Also got Easter cards at the dollar store for Jess and Denise. Got one down in FL for PJ, cost me all of 12 cents. Like he’s going to know! If you buy 2 things of Gatorade, you get $2 off. So even tho FL is usually more expensive, with the $2 off it's worth it

Allie – none of my kids had colic, but I’ve always heard that if you put a colicky baby in a car and drive around the block, that puts it to sleep. Loved KJ’s hints. Never thought of the washer, but that makes sense.

Tracey – I hope you get the pictures. Pictures mean so much

M – that apple pie loos just delish. I can just taste it here

Lucy – welcome! You don’t HAVE to give your location, it’s just that if we have a few people with the same name, it helps to keep people straight. But I don’t think we have another Lucy so you’re OK.

Nanacutler – Love the elk. What a wonderful thing to see in the morning

Julie – yea for negative tests!

I’m someone who likes to clean things out and if I don’t use them or haven’t used them in a while, I’d donate or somehow get rid of it. Now Vince – he saves just about anything “in case”

When Covid hit, I cleaned EVERYTHING. I even cleaned the top of my freezer!!! Much to Vince’s dismay, I pulled everything out of the closets and went thru so much. I had so much to recycle, that I had to take it to the recycling place, too much for our recycling bin!

Rori – good to hear from you. You get to see a lot of interesting plays. So happy for you

pip and katla – you are both in my thoughts

Michele NC

Thank you! @exermom

🌼 Lucy
  • readandlift
    edited March 2022
    Options
    w768lkdcootf.jpg

@Whidislander This looks so - so Yummy!

🌼 Lucy