WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options
1767778798082»

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Barbie- you are so right.. im not really buying myself much anymore .. but its more papers ,and clothes and kitchen stuff i have to get rid of and then go through my storage area Nd weed that out too. One of you said.. look at what you have and uf it doesnt bring you joy.. give ut away,sell it or toss it.. for me its just overwhelming so to have someone help me declutter would help me greatly.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Allie, you are wise to have a friend help you sort through your stuff. I read books like "Outer Order, Inner Calm" and listened to dozens of podcasts by The Minimalists to help me with my thinking about letting go of stuff. It is a daunting process. A couple of years ago a friend met me for a walk once a week to talk about her clutter clearing process. I didn't actually go to her house to help, but I helped her sort out her thinking.

<3 Barbie
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, you and Athena are two peas!
    "Like a fish in a shark tank!" That's hilarious. I just can't get over that map. It's amazing. My FIL was a Chief too. God Bless him. Daddy served in the Navy as well. Cousin retired as an Army officer. Bro is a Marine vet and my uncle was one of the Chosin Few. Still gives me chills just typing that one. Anne thought about the Navy, but went to visit ALL of the recruiters, completely on her own and let them sell her. She made her own decision with our blessing.

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all! Hopefully we're looking at warming up a bit here.

Carla, in MN
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I think my thyroid finally got to normal levels because for the last week I haven't been hungry. Oh, hungry when it was mealtime, and able to eat my entire meal, but not dealing with that constant background pull of snacky snacky piece piece nibble. It's such a relief. Still not quite all the way to normal energy for doing stuff but I think that is due to the weather. Rainy cold weather makes my arthritis flare, and when I'm in pain I tend to want to huddle up and not do anything.

Next week Boyfriend starts work, and I will start getting up and going right to the gym so that I can get the car back by the time he's needing it for work. I do mostly weight work, because cardio is hard with the breasts being large and my background exercise intolerance, and I have to do low weights every single day just til I can feel it in the muscle and then stop, because otherwise the fibromyalgia will kick in and I'll be hideously sore for a couple days. It does work. My body gets quietly used to doing a little more, and when the weight gets easy I up it but just a little. And so on.

It's warm today so I opened all the windows and am cleaning up and tidying. We're having chicken and jalapeno quesadillas for lunch, and chicken parmesan for dinner.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Betsy, I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. I will be praying for you 😢🙏🏻❤️
  • barbiecat
    Options
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I am in Central Florida. Dad and I bought a house here 2 years ago. Moved up from S. Florida to be closer to the theme parks. For most of the 2 years I have had my daughter and family (BF & 2 kids) living with us. It has been so stressful with so much goodies in the house. The finally moved 2 weeks ago. Still clearing out "undesirable" foods from the house. Starting to increase my activities and cooking again. I try to eat low carb as I am diabetic. Less carbs, less insulin :smile:.
  • barbiecat
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    <3 Happy March! I look forward to a new month & hope for good things for all of us. ⭐️