WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Carla in MN, yep I was a Navy wife for 20, until husband retired, then now a Navy momma for 15 years (how long eldest son has been in). Youngest son has been in almost 4 years. Middle son, and his wife did their respective 4 years and got out. I hope and pray eldest makes his 1st Class Petty Officer rate this go around. Then he can stay in until 20 years, and be able to get retirement pay etc. If not, he's out with 17 years in. So yep a Navy family thru and thru.⚓💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Whidislander
    Options
    KetoneKaren, Olivia looks MAAAAUVALOUS dawling.😁💖💐
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Rita- pray your son continues to be well .
    I understand what you are talking about about the CICO- scale isn't moving here either- not giving up, just get a bit frustrated.

Just came from the dentist- top right:permanent crown put in, bottom right: filling, top left:filling so- pretty much totally numb. Drinking my tea with a straw- worried about biting my cheek again.
    Have one hour until I pick up my daycare girl and go to the park- we skipped it yesterday because of the rain- it is cold so may not stay too long today- depends on if her little friends show up. If not, we will eat(well, she will eat, I will drink more hot tea and eat later when I am not numb) and come home. Cold and foggy today.
    Wish I could take a nap now but oh well, just drink more tea.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Ugh - had a post and poof it disappeared..chilly and windy here in Ct.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I had a nice chat with my Aunt and Uncle across the street. It's always lovely to visit them. They are having the bathroom remodeled for aging in place.

I just got an email extending a credit for a flight to Arizona I had booked right before Covid. If it's real, I could use the credit to fly "free". What a strange thought! Although I'm not sure about leaving my mother. And I would be traveling alone. Hmm. Intriguing. Where would I go?

My diet has been off lately. Must get back to better habits. But the exercise is going well.

Annie in Delaware

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    annie you could visit your MFP friends...
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Karen - That is the most wonderful pic of Olivia! Thanks for sharing :)

Rita - So pleased about your son's turnaround, many hopes for it to continue. He sounds like he's doing well... and that's wonderful of his employer to be so understanding. Proud of you for sticking to the CICO through all the stresses.

Heather - The walk with Bea and your son looks wonderful... can't believe she's growing so fast. So pleased, too, that your friend was able to provide the empathy you needed.

Allie -
    I don't like that "accident" of yours, but I do understand it. I don't run much these days, but have developed the ability to leap out of the bed, blow through our door and run across the hallway to get to the facilities, without even waking up. It comes in handy...
    Today right after lunch I started feeling like a UTI coming on. I went straight to a walk in clinic after work, their sign said they were not taking anymore patients today. I must have had a look on my face as the nurse asked me what was wrong I told her and she said she could help me with that. The clinic is attached to my pharmacy and here in Alberta now pharmacists can prescribe some prescriptions. She had me go give a sample, when I came back out she told me the doctor chose to stay to see me. I was so grateful!
    Tracey in Edmonton
    Tracey - So glad you could get help. I hate those so much!

So... the usual kerfuffle of trying to get a prescription filled when you deal with the VA... The civilian pharmacy in Louisiana called me to get things sorted out and asked for my insurance. Told them that I didn't have insurance, that the VA provides my prescription drugs. It took about a half hour to convince her that the VA is not insurance. I swear I said in no uncertain terms, "The VA is not insurance, it is a health provider that takes care of veterans," at least a half dozen times! She just kept asking for group numbers and other insurance numbers that I don't have! Bless her heart, I'm not sure her elevator went all the way to the top. It was also useless, in the end. Had to talk to the doctor's nurse and ask them to please send the subscription to the VA. They've done this before, so I'm not sure why they sent it to the Louisiana pharmacy. *sigh*

Nice quiet day today. I'm grateful.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Allie— When my children were born I used a combination of nursing in my arms, and me freezing my milk in bottles for any situation I couldn’t be with them. The babysitter was always able to warm them up with my milk. It was stored in baby bottles in the refrigerator.

Rebecca—I love the family photos.😊

Tracy— It is good news that the doctor was able to see you.

Heather — You are a gifted writer and a truth teller. Bea is full of energy at the playground. Thank you for sharing her picture.

I went to see the doctor about my bad knee. I tripped on a concrete step last fall. It has healed as much as it will. I will be more careful when going up concrete steps in the future.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    💞
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3o:)<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked and then I actually got to the gym. Yea me!!! No formal exercise tomorrow.

Tomorrow I’m supposed to be at the Green Room at 12:30 and then I will have my oil changed. While they’re changing the oil, I’ll run next door to Aldi.

Rebecca – thank goodness for waterproof keyboards! You always make me drool. Oh, and I’m planning to have cabbage soup with protein powder in it for breakfast tomorrow. So don’t feel bad, I have interesting breakfasts, too. Cabbage soup, protein powder, and kale.

Went to the lady and got more of my bangs cut (thicker). We shall see how it goes. I don’t have time in the a.m. to blowdry them, but I do in the evening. So if I can blow them in the evening, I’ll be OK. After exercise, went and bought stamps (I’ll write out Jess’ graduation invitations since she really doesn’t have the time) then stopped at the Salvation Army and got a sweater. I just like the color. Totally forgot that I already have a yellow sweater. Well, I’ll just redonate the one I like least. Update: they should come here Monday

Tracey – what did the doctor have to say?

Oh, sold some jewelry I don’t wear. Honestly, some I didn’t even know if it was real or costume. But I got $840 for it.

Rita – happy to read about your son. I hear ya about the scale not moving. It truly is frustrating.

Heather – I can’t get over how big Bea has gotten. I remember when she was born and you made that cake

Making a lasagna for Vince to have later in the week and then to freeze

This morning I fell. Completely forgot that there was a second step from the house into the garage and I was getting ready to go to work. My shoulder is still a bit sore, but there isn’t any bruise. I’m sure it’ll get better in a bit. I hate how now it takes that much longer to heal.

The lasagna should be out of the oven in about 7 minutes, then I have to let it cool before cutting it up to be ready to free. In the meantime I think I’ll work some on the puzzle.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Embarrassed to say it wasnt a pee accident...
    Im hoping i wont have to start wearing depends at night for goodness sake.. lordy..
    Yes Tracy has been exclusively nursing so Miles is not to happy trying a bottle even though it is breastmilk.. when my kids were born ,i nursed and used formula so we wouldnt have this problem ..but geesh the formula now adays is so freakin expensive and some of it has been linked to death in some babies .soTracy is not doing that.. pediatrician said its going to be tough going but he will get the hang of it..Kyle is worried that i wont have the patience.. i have the patience he is my grandson.. it is hard to hear a baby cry but there are ways around it poor little guy ,he is so cute ya cant get mad at him..
    Well im going to try and get to sleep now.. last few days no naps.. yipee and Homer is doing well so thats good.⁸
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Awe Michele in NC, I think you braver than me with the cabbage, kale and protein powder! I take collagen powder because I think it helps my hair, nails and skin. I will let you know in a couple months if it actually works! I put the scoop with milk and coffee and shake it in a shaker bottle, like I'm creating a martini!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,738 Member
    Options
    Heather - I have you have a restful night tonight.

Katla - what a great idea.

Allie - hugs to you

Rita - what a relief that must be knowing some of your sons troubles are easing.

Michele - I have a UTI, much better today. I caught it very fast fortunately.

Worked today, another busy one. I need a good three days of quiet to get everything done.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP
    Bonus: casserole-a-thon, prayer chain calls
    Just one thing: back to bupkes.
    Workin’ on it: 140.7, H204, active 4:18
    Mindful March
    29: Chose a different route today and see what you notice.
    30: Mentally scan your body and notice what it is feeling.

Aaugh. Cookies for breakfast, cookies for dessert, too doggoned many cookies!

Rita praying DS’s continues to heal and strengthen. ((hugs))
    Karen o m g, Olivia !
    Heather :love: the color of Bea’s hair!
    Ginny thanks for the Keurig story, bravo to Son for “…whatever you want.”
    Michele “…waterproof keyboards…” ROTLMAO
    Allie your accident happened to me 40 years ago in a hotel room. A bad tuna salad in a hotel dining room with disastrous effects. No housekeeping tip was enough but gave what I could. Stuff happens.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif