WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Karen - Every time I see a pic of Olivia, I can't get out of my mind the baby pic. How far she's come! <3<3<3 They are both gorgeous children. When will you next see them?

I slept well last night. Not a thought in my head. :D

Grey and damp out there. The weather forecast for tomorrow includes snow. The cold front is creeping its way down the country from the north. Blame Penny! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Betsy I am so sorry for your loss
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone !
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Betsy: I agree with what has already been said. We are here for you.

I’m glad you will have your friend with you when/if Mark calls. You owe him nothing!!! You are not there to take the brunt of this man’s grief and guilt. It’s not about him!!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Quick check in..
    Doesnt feel like spring its 28 degrees geesh.
    Going to get dressed and pick Carmine up for school.. and then help with Miles.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    💐🌸💮🌹🌺
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Hello, my chickens! Hope you're all having a tremendous day. For those who are new, Barbiecat will post the link for April tomorrow. We start clean each month, a blank slate. You'll probably get the reminders about this later today or tomorrow, but a little repetition never killed anyone.

Writer's note: The prior sentence is a generalization, and I'm trying to stop using those, because all generalizations are false, including this one. :D Twisting myself into a verbal knot again.

My days right now consist of writing until I have to run to the loo, and since I do that on average 16 times a day, and I take an average of 8 minutes to accomplish, that means more than two hours of my day is spent in the loo. Grf.

And, I was up at 3 am, but that was at least partially because I was in bed by 7 pm. I was just so tired yesterday! Feeling a bit better so far today. The rain was coming down in sheets 20 minutes ago, but has calmed a bit. One lightning bolt struck so close I could feel the thunder shaking the house. More rain on its way until about 10 am, so I'll probably just stay in.

I'm on the last gasp of dealing with my office/craft/dining room, so that will hopefully be finished today. Egg is engrossed in knocking things off of every flat surface, so I pick things up a lot. There are worse things to do.

Corey and I walked around the main pasture last night. We started heading toward the house to get dinner going, and he stopped me mid-stride - a snake was right in front of us. Wasn't moving, just watching us. Luckily, it was a black snake, a young one, about four feet long. While I always get a pop of adrenaline when I see one, the vast majority of the snakes I've seen have been the baby ones Egg brings in for me to catch. Three of those on Monday. This black snake was too big for Egg to handle, so she walked right by it.

Julie - Hi, back!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

+
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Quick hop on while kids are busy playing.
    Debbie- Hugs to you on the loss of your furbaby! Umaku was beautiful!
    Betsy- I am glad that Mark got in touch with you, for now that is something that you don't need to have in the back of your mind. We all have regrets in life; I am sure his lack of contact with his father will be a thorn for him, for a long time.
    Allie- Are you trying to bottle feed Miles, while Tracy is home? I have never had a baby starve when switching from breastfeeding (with mama) to bottle feeding (with me). That said; don't even try to bottle feed a baby while mama is in the room. At least not at the beginning. Babies can actually smell their mamas. Babies can hear her voice, recognize her movements, her routine, etc. If someone else is trying to bottle feed them and they know mama is around, they will not have it. At least, not until they get used to the bottle. Start the bottle feeding when Tracy starts work and is not home. When babies get hungry enough, they will eat from a bottle. I would say that after a couple of days of this, Miles will understand that if he wants food, sometimes he is going to have to drink from a bottle. He will also realize that the person holding the bottle loves him and he can trust them to keep him alive. lol
    Karen VA- Those pics of Olivia and Phoenix! So adorable!

time to scoot. It is a rainy day and the bickering has begun. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Kelly- your absolutely right...
    We wont try until she goes to work..told her to bad she doesnt live closer to where you are because you are an awesome daycare provider. The bomb.com..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    KAMAPERRY ~ Welcome! We love kitties!

Carol in GA
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    KAMAPERRY ~ Welcome! We love kitties!

Carol in GA

Thank you! I will have to post some pics when I am home. I'm at work now.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, don't know if you've caught it along the way, but I'm a Marine MoM. She's a vet now, but once a Marine, always a Marine. Once a MoM, always a MoM. She did her contract and was out. I'm still in our support group too. We help the newbies navigate their way through Boot and AFT/ITB, MOS and into the fleet. What a roller coaster, as you well know.

Oh Ginny, that's soooooo cool! Congrats on your Keurig!

Well done Michele! I've always wanted to sell some of my stuff online and never gotten around tuit! (lol, anyone remember those? that makes me old)

Betsy, GOOD FOR YOU!!! I have to say it, please don't take this wrong... I am so proud of you.

Carla, in MN
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I did it again! Yay! 6 mins marching, 8 mins elliptical, and 78 mins of yoga this time. I scared myself, thought I strained my left thumb. But it only hurt for a minute. It's a sign to stay at this level for awhile longer.

Thursday is supposed to be violent thunderstorms, so I might cancel horseback riding.

Hugs for you all,

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Carla, thank you for your support, and your daughters service.💖⚓👍🙏💖
    Its not an easy life, but the military produces some fine adults.💖
    My middle son has started his college journey, now that his wife has gotten her nursing assistant degree. Its nice to know the Navy's paying for it, like a small thank you for their service. I am all for young adults doing their time in the military, learning a trade, acquiring good work ethics, then going to school on the military's dime. It is a relief to know they both won't be paying a student loans and the stress of paying those back.
    My guys.
    f979c5nootl6.jpg
    lwpb113alo4z.jpg
    z7q53toyqxgw.jpg
    t0o12xj5bgjb.png
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Karen, I love Yorkies too!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Betsy--Glad the call with Mark was short and you handled it well. He needs to deal with his short comings and not try and push his feelings on you or anyone else. He is trying to make himself feel better. Not your problem.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Betsy-I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs.

Beth-Hugs.

Debbie-So sorry about your kitty. It’s so hard to let them go.

Heather-I love your DH’s relationship with the grands. It’s so lovely to “watch.”

You all reminded me to feed my hummingbirds and orioles, though the orioles still haven’t made an appearance at the other feeders. I don’t know, but I think they spend the first couple of weeks in residence just nesting. After that, they either figure out where the feeders are (they should know year to year), or they just don’t leave the nest for a while. In the meantime, the hummingbirds love them.

Hi Julie.

One of my sisters contacted me about taking all sisters and our mom to see Elton John. We just tried to get tix in California and it’s just insane how the scalpers buy them all up. We see them on the secondary market the same afternoon. So, we bought them in another city, where the competition to buy tix isn’t so strong and the prices are much lower. She thought everyone needed to have something to look forward to (particularly my sis who had the stroke). I hope they all will go.

I’m not sure I want to remember EJ in his current form. I saw him twice and he’s excellent, but when I listened to his audiobook, his voice sounded really rough.

Another person I know passed away today. In his early 50s, of massive heart attack, which he ignored and led to organ failure. Don't ignore your body's warning signs. It's trying to tell you something.

I know there is a lot going on with all of you. I just can’t remember it all. Just know I’m thinking about you as I read your posts and stories.

Tina in CA