WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Just ready to hit the hay..
    Auntie BK- thank you i really enjoyed that message..
    Nighty night all.. sleep tight.
    Ughh forgot to tell you we tried or i should say I tried giving Miles a bottle today,Tracy stayed away oh he was having none of it.. its going to be a tough go tryin to get him to take it.. when i had mine i used both formula and nursing so it wouldnt come down to this.. but pediatrician said it will take him a little bit to get used to it..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked and then bowling. The plan for tomorrow is to TRY to get to the gym to do a body pump DVD.

Betsy – (((BIG HUG))) You really don’t need to put your feelings in a spoiler. We’re all here and will help. Don’t worry about Mark. It’s his problem that he didn’t communicate with his dad and he has to live with that.

I can still feel the sciatic nerve. The PA showed me an exercise (where you put the ankle on top of the other leg). I am trying to do that whenever I’m seated, like in church or at bowling. But the thing is, I can still feel it. Hope it’ll go away.

Kama – welcome!

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Deactivated Facebook for awhile. It will give me more time to do the things that are more important. I still have Messenger so I can be in contact with my sons, plus with my one group "Navy Mom Strong" if they need me. It does give me a sense of purpose to help mommas that are having problems acclimating to being a Navy Mom. Helping them puts my own issues with my youngest sailor son in its proper priority.
    Today I had a tomato, turkey, lettuce, havarti cheese bagel, then tonight had zucchini, bean sprouts with a nice Asian sauce with crispy noodles, white rice and some of husbands orange chicken. It was delightful! I might've had two plates full.
    Tonight reading a nice romantic, paranormal mystery book on my tablet. Time stops when I read!

Night night ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    WA

Oh some great photos of my paternal grandmothers family. Very affluent! The family picture, of course my grandmother is the girl with the long flowing hair. Their home very regal, the table my mother refinished, but left the mark where the grinder was, when the family made "blood sausage". My niece (my eldest sisters daughter) has it now.
    qcnl6hje7uqk.jpg
    25brossqollc.jpg
    94q4crrac1a2.jpg

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Katla- smart idea- i keep one in my bedroom too.i usually keep it filled with bottled water.. i have my electric tea kettle a teabox set up on top ready to go..
    I had a accident in bed this morning.. first time ever.. and what a mess to clean up .. oh well..
    Im sitting in the car running the heat waiting for Carmine to take her to school.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the migraine, Machka. You have been working very hard recently. <3

I carried on feeling exhausted and very tearful this morning. Completed my exercises and managed to get to the laptop to do an edit on yesterday's writing.
    I then decided I had to ring G.
    First I listened to her progress with covid (feeling a bit better) then I set off on my tale of triggers. Managed to identify three and had a bit of a cry. Got lots of empathy. Pleased to say that the weight began to lift and I am now feeling soooo much better. I've texted her to thank her, and she said that being able to be of help has lifted her spirits. :)
    Identifying one in particular has made a big difference. I didn’t realise how much it had upset me.

Hope to catch a quick nap before we set off. Weather dry at the moment.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Heather I had a trigger moment last week. Son's house has been having mice problems. I have set out traps. One of the traps was sprung no mouse. I was just going to lay down on couch with Drew when I found a dead mouse on a throw. I took the throw and shook it out over sons fence into a area where other animals could have it for lunch. In the two minutes I did this Drew ate some mold that was growing in my garden. NOT a KODAK moment. After talking to the vet I waited it out. She had just gotten over hives from eating yogurt for the first time. Hives returned because of the mold. I am giving her a dose of aloe vera juice for a week to kill the mold. Within two days hives are gone. Yeah. Because she is so small I only give her a fourth to half a tsp. a day in the morning. Good thing I love her sooo much! I cleaned the couch and washed the throw.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,488 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO.
    Bonus: tuna salad, veg prep, 32 mins grooming Tumble, baked spice bars and choc chip cookies.
    Just one thing: back to bupkes.
    Workin’ on it: 140.2, H20x, active :
    Mindful March
    28: Notice when you’re tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29: Chose a different route today and see what you notice.

BP continues down, loved it but didn’t trust so changed batteries. Still down to 111/61. Must be the beetroot powder ;)

Whomped up a couple batches of Katla’s and Debbie’s syrup for the hummingbird feeders, no takers yet. Joe took down the big hanging plastic owl, ineffective at deterring the squirrels, cuz he didn’t want to scare off the hummingbirds.
    Rest of the day was very lazy, finished another cozy mystery. Then around 7 got up and baked 4+ doz supersoft spice bars and 7 doz chocolate chip cookies, 3 for Joe, 4 for today’s Feed My Sheep casserole-a-thon.

Betsy, that’s not negativity, that’s honesty. So glad you have a tough cookie to stand beside you. We are with you too. ((( gentle hugs held extra long )))

Lisa, Karen, Carla, Kim, Heather, Rebecca, Beth, Flea, Evelyn, Rita, Debbie, Vicki, Allie, Barbie, Ginny, Michele, Tracey et al, amen, sisters AMEN!
    Welcome @kamaperry Kama! Is the AARP exercise program in person or on line?
    Heather, “…The things that really stir us up are very unpredictable, and would not appear worrying to another person. Some things are just triggers for us.” Truth this, especially between me and Mama. Joe was frequently confused and could not understand my angry/tearful responses to Mama. So glad being able to help you lifted G’s spirits.
    Katla what blessings your DD’s ideas are!
    Machka sometimes knowing what causes the pain can brings a measure of comfort. ((hugs))
    Margaret hard not to laugh at “… not a Kodak moment…” but grateful Drew has your tender and knowledgeable care.
    pip r u ok?

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for sharing that Lisa!

Kim, that's hilarious! Those "Marks" are the worst. Yeah, We call'em "Christys" in our family. That was our son-in-law's sister. She was the epitome of narcissist and you woulda thought the entire funeral revolved around her!

Welcome Kama! What a glorious name. So interesting.

Beth, THAT is beautiful. Okay not to be Okay... WOW!

Rita, you are NOT negative. You are honest and we love you for it.

Debbie, that is GREAT advice and so true. Betsy, you have to let people know what you need when you need it, now and later. Everyone will assume that your HURTING now and FINE later if you don't tell them.

Rebecca! I didn't realize you were a Navy Mom. Thank you!

Katla, sounds like dear daughter is becoming more of a helper than you ever realized she would be. YAY! Glad your knee is getting some rest.

Oh no Machka, I'm so sorry about the migraine. Prayers for healing.

Betsy... I have to say, I am SO NOT SURPRISED that Mark didn't call. Basically, they're all chicken when it comes right down to it. Not to say that he won't call later, but now you're prepared to deal with him, I'm sure. You're steeled for his "drama" and you've set the terms.
    Praying for your business dealings. There are a lot of them; I know. We had NO IDEA how many. Good of you to move slowly. Enlist some help. That trusted friend you were speaking of springs to mind. Just someone to bounce ideas off of or just to sit with you. It's always good to have another brain by your side.

Carla, in MN
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Betsy--Hugs and prayers. I agree that I am also not surprised Mark did not call back.

Rita--Glad DS is doing better.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3