• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Allieβ€” I never drink caffeinated beverages late in the day. I like Sleepytime tea on chilly evenings.

(((Betsy)))β€” ❀️

Debbieβ€” I am sorry for the loss of your beloved UMAKU. ⭐️ Our pets bring us joy. We lost our sweet old dog last fall and hope to find a puppy to love in the future.

Heather β€” Happy British Mother’s Day!

Lisa β€” What a lovely trellis! Your DH is talented.

Barbara β€” We bought hummingbird feeders through ACE Hardware. They’re plastic and stick to our windows via suction cups. They don’t spill in the wind. We had a glass one that swung in the wind and spilled the water.
    I dissolve a quarter cup of sugar in a cup of hot water. The birds are here in all seasons.

Our daughter is still here and taking good care of her dad. She is looking for someone to help DH with his insulin and possibly light housekeeping. This is a new possibility. We will see how it goes.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Michelle - good idea,though i try not to drink it to much bought a 32 pack at Sams on a whim.. wont do that again.. will just stick with water..
    I think another reason I didnt sleep well last night was of listening to a video ,saying something about possible cyber attacks and to make sure you have cash on hand and enough food and water to sustain you and your pets for a extended period of time..scares the daylights out of me..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    4at154uefygb.jpg
    590k9mp1jmcr.jpg
    hqyby4su4f0a.jpg
    Athena growing up too fast. Sipping on a honey stick. I told her, "enough! I want allow you to grow up any more"! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hugs to you ladies that are hurting. πŸ’–πŸ™
    Heather we love the pic of your husbands face, its artistic! But I do understand you stated you posted the wrong one. No worries!πŸ‘
    Glad you had a nice Mothering Day!
    Welcome all you new, old ladies! Or are you old, new ladies?πŸ˜πŸ˜³πŸ™ƒ
    Hoping today I will turn on my vacuum. Ugh!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - thanks for the Athena fix.

Think it's probably about time for a little puzzle time.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: Β»
    @Katla49 do you have a recipe for the syrup you feed the hummingbirds?

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

the recipe my dad taught me was 1 part sugar to 4 parts water- heat until the sugar is dissolved.
    Thanks for the reminder- I need to refill my feeder- the wind blew it and all the syrup ran out.

Allie- I switch from regular/black tea which I drink all morning until about 2PM-then it is decaf or herbal for the rest of the day and evening. I don't drink much water but tea, all day long. I do drink some seltzer but that is it.
    No cold drinks- instant asthma attack if I do(going to talk to the doctor about that-it is getting annoying-no cold or even cool food or drinks because of it)

Rebecca- Athena is so cute- LOVE those honey sticks!!! I buy them for myself when I find them.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Edie made a wonderful art work out of DH'S face, but it is over 12 mbs, so won't post. :(
    It won't even upload to WhatsApp.

Had delicious day. I did succumb to a glass of Pernod, but then switched to AF champagne.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Barbara β€” I dissolve ΒΌ cup of granulated sugar in 1 cup very hot water. I use a pyrex pitcher. The sugar water is then poured into the feeders and the hummingbirds visit several times a day.

It looks like Debbie & I do the same things. I hope you will enjoy watching the hummingbirds.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Athena!!! o:)<3o:)
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Got my tush out of bed and threw a load of laundry in the wash ,floded the laundry and put it away,will do the dishes and get the garbage together in a bit..
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Rebecca- your mom sounds like a hoot..being fresh like that ..
    Got the laundry .. folded... did another load washed and dried..
    Finished up the dishes and got the garbage together...
    Have the morning off from going to see Miles but a week from tomorrow I start babysitting..im nervous..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Pp
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Remember I told you I got a new garage door? Well, it's been opening and closing all on its own. Yesterday when I went outside first thing in the morning, it was open. I know Vince closed it the night before. Evidently, he added something so that he can open my door from any of his vehicles. Maybe that's interfering????

When I ride the exercise bike, I usually watch TV. I had been watching old shows of "Beverly Hillbillies". I haven't ridden the bike in about a month, maybe more. When I went to watch it today, I couldn't get it to work. The TV worked, but I couldn't get it to play "BH". So I called Vince. He logged back into Amazon. Seems they've changed things again and now I can't access that show. So I watched old episodes of "I Love Lucy". Really, that's not as good. I'll just have to see about another show.

Michele NC
    who is going to take a shower and then work on the puzzle.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: Β»
    Remember I told you I got a new garage door? Well, it's been opening and closing all on its own. Yesterday when I went outside first thing in the morning, it was open. I know Vince closed it the night before. Evidently, he added something so that he can open my door from any of his vehicles. Maybe that's interfering????

When I ride the exercise bike, I usually watch TV. I had been watching old shows of "Beverly Hillbillies". I haven't ridden the bike in about a month, maybe more. When I went to watch it today, I couldn't get it to work. The TV worked, but I couldn't get it to play "BH". So I called Vince. He logged back into Amazon. Seems they've changed things again and now I can't access that show. So I watched old episodes of "I Love Lucy". Really, that's not as good. I'll just have to see about another show.

Michele NC
    who is going to take a shower and then work on the puzzle.

that is better than what my husband was watching this morning. I was watching church online in the living room where my desktop is. He was in the kitchen. Offered to do the dishes for me which I appreciated(needed the sink empty to bathe the old momma cat). He has to have a tv on where ever he is. He put on The Flinstones then The Jetson's. I had to turn my computer up just so I could hear the service. Was glad when he was done with the dishes and turned it off.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Gg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) One of the best decisions I ever made was to drink only water--no tea, coffee, pop, or juice.

:)Barbara, I guess we got lucky finding the woman who traps the moles. Jake asked the landscaper who is going to bring us bark next month and he told us about her. When she gave us her card, it says nothing about mole control, just that she has a landscaping service. Maybe if you ask around, you'll find someone in your community.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- your mom sounds like a hoot..being fresh like that ..
    Got the laundry .. folded... did another load washed and dried..
    Finished up the dishes and got the garbage together...
    Have the morning off from going to see Miles but a week from tomorrow I start babysitting..im nervous..

She was unique for certain! One of her habits was being at the dinner table, taking one bite, then announcing, "oh I am full"! We'd all be like really?? She loved to purposely burn the scalloped potatoes casserole dish after dinner was done. So we'd be doing the dishes and she'd be scraping the sides of the burnt dish with a fork! lol!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa