WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,853 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – did you put some sort of landscape fabric under your dry rock stream so that weeds won’t grow and the rocks won’t sink into the ground? It’s lovely

Michele NC

I haven't yet.

I'm still in the digging phase -- digging up weed and grass roots and rocks. It's a big bed.

We've got plastic for under the dry stream. It was the most expensive piece of this project ... a whole $16 and I'll only use about half. The other half will likely go into other parts of the yard.

Where most of the "stream" will go there's no fear of rocks sinking. There's a cement "curb" along the rosemary hedge. I have no idea why it's there. But it's not just a curb, it's got a bit that sticks out about 6 inches under a thin layer of dirt - a ledge.

Until we started digging we didn't know that. So we can't plant right up next to the curb. The stream will mostly follow the curb and sit on that ledge. And that's part of the reason I thought I'd try a dry stream - since we can't plant there, might as well put rocks in to fill the area. :)

You can see the curb in these photos ... and about 6 inches from the curb into the garden bed is the ledge, under a thin layer of soil.

9y7neq78rhys.png
    pdmphe3wrxbm.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    I think of you often Flea. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,070 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Morning all. Just popping in to wish all us Brits 💐Happy Mother’s Day.💐

Debbie:So sorry for the loss of your furbaby. Pets are part of the family, so I know how sad you must feel. Your son is a good looking young man.

We are off to lunch with the family at DEDs house. Also celebrating elder grandson’s birthday, which is next Thursday.

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating🎉🥳
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,853 Member
    Options
    Cycling this evening ...

nsvyqhc1pvnr.png

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    Betsy - You were in my mind and in my heart all day yesterday and woke up thinking of you. I'm glad there's family support coming and hope it truly is supportive. Your grief is your own journey to take, and no one can take it for you, but accepting help along the way can ease some of the burdens. Thank you for checking back in. All of us are sending massive, gentle hugs.

Debbie - I'm so sorry about Umaku. Thinking of you too this morning. When we rescue a puppy or a kitten, we know their lifespans are less than ours, but we take that risk because of the love and joy that we give and receive for the years we have them. By letting him go, you gave him the biggest gift of all.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Hello everyone, on this British Mother's Day. Thinking of those of you today with losses and grief. <3 ❤ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 Sending hugs.

Last night's babysitting was hilarious. We watched 'Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway' with the kids, because they love it. Max was hysterical at some of the antics and even I enjoyed bits of it, once my son had switched the base speaker off for me. :o Then Edie decided to give DH massages and ended up hand-chopping his head! :p Mischief is her middle name. <3

This morning I opened my card from my son and he popped over at 10 to give me a big bunch of flowers. He also stayed a while to help DH register iplayer on the Firestick. Phew! :p I had to do ITV as DH couldn't figure it out. I will sort out the rest. All good to go, but we can't have Netflix as my son already has the full complement of devices. I will keep it on my tablet.
    My DDIL has her parents over for lunch today (boo!) so he had to rush off to cook. Still, it's great to have everything working now. I was getting frustrated with DH and my son told me to go and do something else. I managed to restrain myself. :# So glad he came to help.

Another fabulous spring day. My husband doesn't celebrate Mother's Day for me as I am not his mother >:) so I have organised my own delicious feast. Faux caviar and crême fraiche morsels for lunch and smoked salmon crême fraiche tagliatelle tonight with artichokes, broad beans and peas. AF champagne. I just asked myself, what do I really fancy?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Edie's efforts at artifying DH on my Polish app. :p
    2v66iefjfhc7.jpg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Happy Mothering Sunday!

t3517.gif

I discovered that Mother's Day in the UK is tied to Easter.

"Mothering Sunday or Mother’s Day is March 27th this year, celebrated on the fourth Sunday of Lent in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, & Nigeria."

Karen in Virginia. <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Sorry, I meant to show the art work Edie made from his photo she took! :o But it didn't load. Oops! I'm sure you don't want a close up of his fizzhog.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Hh
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Remind me never ever to drink diet pepsi after 3 pm ,i didn't sleep well at all last night..i finished i think around 4:30 and that was that..hurumph..
    My friend Trudy is on her way to Greece.. she wanted me to go with her but i just dont have the stamina..to be walking all over the ruins...
    I think i have it in me to do one more trip and would love to take a cruise through the Panama canal..but the way the world is now who knows if it will happen.
    Im going to try and clean a little at a time,will do the garbage and clean the kitchen this afternoon.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    (((Debbie)))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Yyy
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs Debbie
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    hgcgx1adqxb6.png
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    @Katla49 do you have a recipe for the syrup you feed the hummingbirds?

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)