Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    (((Betsy)))
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Betsy - I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. My prayers are with you.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did Self’s Best Butt DVD and then another one for the balance ball. The plan for tomorrow is to ride the recumbent bike.

Made a rum cake for this manager at work who asked me to make it for her. Yes, I am sucking up to the manager. Kept soe for Vince and will take some to Jess for her graduation. Have yogurt in the IP right now. Also fried up some ground turkey burgers for me to have another day.

Tracey – my heart breaks for your cousin. What a horrible situation!

Vince is working on putting my Wii balance board on Craig’s List. We’ll probably include the other things and just tell the person that we aren’t positive that it’s the Wii that’s bad or the cable. If they want it, they can have it.

Barbara – I have no interest whatsoever in Bingo. I think that’s because my father’s second wife (who I didn’t get along with) was into it and I want nothing to do with her or anything that interested her.

M – did you put some sort of landscape fabric under your dry rock stream so that weeds won’t grow and the rocks won’t sink into the ground? It’s lovely

Betsy – I am so very sorry for your loss. That’s wonderful that you have such helpful children

Rosemary – welcome!

Debbie – so sorry on the loss of your fur baby. I know how hard it is. He certainly was gorgeous. I know how it hurt when we had to have Clyde put to sleep.

Allie – happy anniversary!!!! I’m so very proud of the person you’ve become

Off to work on the puzzle some

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    new here. committing to my health...turned 50 on 2/18/22

Welcome here!
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Woke up a little after midnight with my one cat screaming and then couldn't walk- rushed him to the emergency vet- had to have him put to sleep- severe heart failure and blood clot to his back legs. Hard to say good bye- Had Umaku from the time he was 8 weeks old, rescued feral-

d3uhq2cpy6xo.png
    727uxdu2yjxk.png

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Gorgeous cat ... it is hard to say good bye.

M in Oz

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3<3:'(Betsy I am so sorry for your loss 😢
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    My daughter is here and doing her best to see that my DH and I get good medical care. DH has had a visit with his doctor. I was pleased with the outcome.

I had a trip and fall last fall. I had physical therapy that worked very well. I was able to travel to Virginia to spend time with our son, DDIL and grandsons. My left knee is painful once again & I will be making another appointment to see whether there is a good outcome with physical therapy or a possible surgery. PT is an easier idea than surgery. Next step is to make an appointment with the doctor. My daughter is helping with her dad here and it seems she will want me to visit with my doctor again.

That's good. :)

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Debbie … losing fur babies is hard … hugs.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    😿 <3Debbie I am so sorry for the loss of your fur baby
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the ladies for their posts. They mean a lot!!
    Yes, we had 8 inside cats but Umaku was my boy, my favorite of all of them, always was.
    Yes, he was gorgeous. In his prime he weighed just over 20lbs and the bluest eyes. Would never know he was a formerly feral barn cat from a plain, short haired black momma cat.
    I am sure my feet will be cold tonight and will miss him laying on me during the night(was great during the winter but not so much in the summer).

Carol- Thanks for the comment about my son- I agree he is very handsome. Not a fan of his hair as it is now but his girlfriend likes it so that is ok.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, 10 mins yoga, CI<CO, CI<250<CO,
    Bonus: 72 mins burn pile, veg prep
    Just one thing: back to bupkes.
    Workin’ on it: 140.7, H20x3 so far, active 3:34 so far
    Mindful March
    26: Choose to spend less time looking at screens today
    27: Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness toward others today..

Betsy ((hugs)) :heartbreak: ((hugs))

Welcome @rosemary1818 !

Debbie ((hugs)) for the loss of Umaku. Hardest but kindest.
    Kay likewise ((hugs)) for the loss of your new kitten. So hard.
    After a little over an hour on the burn pile and similar time cooking veggie tacos, I crashed out. Got up, did veg prep, trying to motivate myself to walk in place to Jeopardy but just don’t have the oomph. Think the antibiotics are taking their toll. Headed back to bed.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, 10 mins yoga, CI<CO, CI<250<CO,
    Bonus: 72 mins burn pile, veg prep
    Just one thing: back to bupkes.
    Workin’ on it: 140.7, H20x3 so far, active 3:34 so far
    Mindful March
    26: Choose to spend less time looking at screens today
    27: Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness toward others today..

Betsy ((hugs)) :heartbreak: ((hugs))

Welcome @rosemary1818 !

Debbie ((hugs)) for the loss of Umaku. Hardest but kindest.
    Kay likewise ((hugs)) for the loss of your new kitten. So hard.
    After a little over an hour on the burn pile and similar time cooking veggie tacos, I crashed out. Got up, did veg prep, trying to motivate myself to walk in place to Jeopardy but just don’t have the oomph. Think the antibiotics are taking their toll. Headed back to bed.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

Thank you!

I hope you feel better soon. Don't push it. If you need to nap, then take one.
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »

I have had a weird eating/activity/scale week and it is very clear to me that I really need to figure out how to do some more intentional exercise. ... This weight loss journey is so much more than just eating right.

Thinking of you all, and hoping for a happy healthy day
    Smiles Kim in N. California

One of the things which has helped me is stair climbing.

Where I worked previously, we were in an 11-storey building and a small group of us were in a stair climbing challenge. When I was climbing (up and down) about 25 flights of 20 steps + landings 4-5 days a week, I noticed that I was stronger on the bicycle AND my weight gradually dropped. In 2021, I lost 5 kg which isn't huge, but it's something.

Since the end of January, I've been in 2 office buildings. I wasn't sure where the stairs were and the access situation of the first one so I didn't climb stairs there. I am climbing in my current building (6 storeys, I think), but I'm usually climbing only 5 flights of 20 steps + landings 3-4 days a week.

My current job is way more intense than my previous job ... from the moment I arrive till the moment I leave, there are calls coming in and things to do. For the first time since I worked retail back in 2008, I had to "hold it" one day because I was the only one in the office to answer the phones. A couple were working from home, one was doing training in the next room and one hadn't come in yet. Last week was particularly full-on. So busy!

So I don't feel I can get up at 10:30 am and 3:00 pm (like I did previously) and climb several flights of stairs. I only do it in the morning when I arrive and after lunch.

That reduction in activity plus my birthday in early March has resulted in a slight increase in weight.

But climbing stairs doesn't take a lot of time.

I guestimate that 5 flights of 20 steps, up and down, including landings is about 30 calories. I got that from a chart that was in a previous office building several years ago.

So if I'm aiming to stay under about 1350 cal/day, and I do that climb a couple times, it bring me up to 1350 + 60 = 1410 cal/day. Once I get up to 25 such flights, it's 1350 + 150 = 1500 cal.

Hobart randomly put in a set of 2 flights of stairs. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess they help people get off the rise where the cenotaph is and onto the path into the city centre. I call them the stairs to nowhere because you go up them and you're in a field. Anyway, I walk out there at lunch sometimes and do them once or twice as well.

We've also got stairs in our garden - 7 steps up - and I'll do them several times in a row. 3 times is 21 steps which is pretty much 1 office flight.

So what I'm saying is ... if you've stairs around, they can be a quick way to get some intentional exercise. :)

Machka in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Barbie a very happy belated birthday to you. Loved the card your DH gave you. Have to say thank you for always giving us a new month. Having this group is a lifeline, like a family but better because we all pick it.

Yesterday my Jack was mowing the lawn and suffered a massive heart attack. The paramedics couldn't revive him. I'm so lost and miss him so much. I feel like my mind is running with thousands of thoughts that aren't going anywhere. I'm so sad. Have four of our five kids showering me with love and Jack's numbers friends wanting to support me... but really right now need to just grieve and find myself. The kids all volunteered to come but I encouraged them not to right now. I think I just need time to be alone and gather myself.
    Betsy

Oh, Betsy. I am so very sorry. That is very shocking.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday, Barbie!! It sounds like you had a delightful day.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    <3