WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,535 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) thank you for the birthday greetings. I line danced with my friend for more than an hour, ate a simple favorite lunch, walked the dogs, and worked pulling up lavender. Jake planted the tiny Alberta spruce in the backyard. It has been a glorious day 🌞🌻🎉🐾

Happy birthday!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie !!!
    I'll be 62 in June ive been on the on off roller coaster of losing weight for years..
    I took a little nap this afternoon..I havent been to the movie theater here in awhile ,but they are playing the King and I and I would like to see it on the big screen..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Allie - Love the King and I. I used to have the vinyl of the original stage production when I was a child. I knew every word, including the monologues. My mother auditioned for the King's wife 'Mr Wonderful ' in the local Amdram. She didn't get it.
    She taught me the words of 'Whistle a Happy Tune' when I was very young. It was a kind of mantra for us. "You can be as brave as you make believe you are." It's one thing I bless my mum for. <3 She made me believe in myself.

Enjoy!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,070 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    🥳🎉Happy Birthday Barbie!!!!🎉🥳

Pip: You’re a wonder, m’dear. 🥰 Getting back to it!!!

🥳🎉 Hallelujah to those celebrating
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Heather- yes my mother had all the Rodgers and Hammerstein Lps,I grew up with them with them all,also Leonard Bernstein- Peter and the Wolf,Harry Belafonte,,and a whole bunch of others.. thats what I grew up on..loving the King and I on the big screen.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie! Sounds like it was a wonderful day!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    Options
    u0ict5bevxd5.jpeg

Not yogi, his name is mather
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Worked today, then the soup kitchen, then – yea me – went to the gym, then Newcomers had a coffee & conversation near my house so I felt I really should go. Had this thai tea, I thought it was a hot tea but it turned out to be a cold tea. Then WalMart, then bought gas, then home. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Self Best Butt DVD.

Vince is going to start self-administering his allergy shots so it looks like I can go to the gym on Tues and then Fri. The down side is that I’m really not near the Salvation Army in Hickory, but I am near the one in Conover.

Debbie – I have the owner’s manual. There is a part that Vince broke off, he’s not sure how to put it back on.

Tracey – I’m with you on the garage sales. So much work. I prefer to donate things.

Barbie – happy birthday. So glad you had such a wonderful day

Came back to work on Wed. I like this working only 3 days and then having a day off. Back to 5 days/week next week...oh well.

Ordered Jess’ announcements, well, the picture, still waiting for the jpeg.

Worked a bit on the jigsaw puzzle Jess gave me for Christmas. She wants me to frame it. Actually, it’s cats with a measuring tape, buttons, etc. So it’ll probably go well in my craft room.

Going to take a shower in a few.

When we were in FL we got an order from Chewy. Well, when we got back to NC we placed another order. I guess since the last order went to FL they sent this one there. We called and tried to intercept it, but part of the order went to FL, they were able to get the other part sent here (just litter, we’ll use it). We asked the guy who does a lot at the condo just to put it in the condo for us. Cat food won’t spoil and neither will a litter box.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,852 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Friends gave me bags and bags of oranges off their tree and they are juicy and delicious. Any recipes that uses a lot of orange that anyone can share? I've juiced a lot of them, made 12+ mini loaves of orange pound cake and am going to make orange cookies, but I will still have a bunch left (and can get more, if I want to). I'm freezing the treats to give to friends, but if you all have good lunch or dinner recipes, let me know.

Tina in CA

I've used an orange and apple mix in pies and crumbles.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    7xhnsa4ewd4a.jpg

This was my birthday card today from hubby and pets.

Happy Birthday!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Tt
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie! Glad you had a good one.

Sue in WA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO, CI<250<CO.
    Bonus: hymns, prayer chain calls
    Just one thing: back to bupkes.
    Workin’ on it: 139.8, H20x5, active 2:55
    Mindful March
    25: Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted. Breathing, vision, consciousness.
    26: Choose to spend less time looking at screens today.

First time Bingo at the Elks’ today with T and C. It’s a whole thing, new to me. People take it so seriously, have special carriers for their various daubers, and good luck charms set up “just so.” Not sure I have the needed attention span and it was too much sitting today for my bum knee, Lunch with T and C later was great. Only 2K+ steps by 10pm, so got up off my butt and walked in place to Jeopardy, upping total to 5K+.

Katla hope your new doctor becomes as beloved as the former, and that you see him soon.
    Lisa like the idea of a travois, :love: the idea of you driving around in your little tractor. Pics please ;)
    Machka “…middle aged…” hahahahahah!
    The very happiest of birthdays dear Barbie! Glad your day was glorious.
    Vicki Con very grats on the first 100. “Not giving up and that is the important thing” yes! We can do this!
    Tracey prayers for your cousin and ((hugs)) for you.

I’m 72, lost 25 lbs when I started mfp back in 2008, stuck at 30-35 lbs over goal ever since. Just grateful I didn’t put on the Covid 19. ;)

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Options
    Bicycle riding this afternoon!

je837xbet543.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie! May this be a wonderful year— ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Tracey hugs for you and your cousin! Sounds like she is due some good luck!

Annie in Delaware
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday barbie. Regular life is à whirlwind! Hello to all