WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    54lx7j6cq3d1.png

Okay, that was a little esoteric, but very funny... :smiley: Thanks for the grin this morning!
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Friends gave me bags and bags of oranges off their tree and they are juicy and delicious. Any recipes that uses a lot of orange that anyone can share? I've juiced a lot of them, made 12+ mini loaves of orange pound cake and am going to make orange cookies, but I will still have a bunch left (and can get more, if I want to). I'm freezing the treats to give to friends, but if you all have good lunch or dinner recipes, let me know.

Have any of you been to the Panama Canal? I never really had a big desire to visit, but I enjoyed the port at Hamburg so much, that it has more appeal now. There's a visitor's center where you can watch the ships go through the locks.

You're all motivating me to purge my stuff. I have far too much of it. My friends in AZ are moving and were working on purging their stuff when I was visiting. I scheduled a charity pickup, but they can't get here till the end of April to pick it up, so I have some time to get to work.

Machka-I am in awe of the work you're doing in the yard. I wish I had the desire to do that. I think spending time in a garden can be very meditative.

Time to get something productive done. Breakfast, then work. I'm busy with that at the end of each month and quarter and right now, it's both.

Tina in CA
  • LisaInArkansas
    Options
    For those of you who like Sounds, Desert Island Discs this morning was Alan Cummings, which some of you may remember, is my brother's wife's sister's ex-husband's brother. The ex-husband, Tom, mentioned in the programme, used to be our painter and decorator when we first moved to our last house as he couldn't find work at that time as an architect. My brother and DSIL (currently with covid) are close to Alan, go to first nights and stay in his apartment in NY. Anyway, it's a good listen, especially for those who had a hard time as children. Lisa - you could listen while you declutter. <3
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Listening to it now, thank you, Heather. Lots of echos there for my childhood--and my adulthood. Bless him for that, and pleased that he's done so much.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO, CI<250<CO.
    Bonus: chiro, Freddie’s, recycling
    Just one thing: back to bupkes.
    Workin’ on it: 139.8, H205, active 3:42
    Mindful March
    24: Appreciate your hands and all they enable you to do.
    25: Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted. Breathing, vision, consciousness.

MRI Scheduled April 8, grateful only a two week wait. C’s DH has been waiting over a year for his MRI from the VA. Communication SNAFUs. Leg seems better, swelling down, knee more reliable. Couldn’t quite make step goal, but doubled yesterday’s count. Looking forward to Elks’ Bingo tomorrow with T & C.

Saw this and thought of Rori’s Mars the leash-loving cat. ;)
    https://youtu.be/a3ta5Q3ITUc
    Annie thanks for the meditation reminder! That I can do! ;)
    Katla so thankful you, DH and DD are pleased with the new doctor. Is he your doctor too?
    Rebecca you can never come to my cluttered house, it would give you fits!
    Pip 5 miles? Again??? You are triumphant!!!
    Michele somehow I don’t see you sitting still for very long ;) Glad the pills are helping.
    Thanks Machka, I forgot about Ginko Biloba. :laugh: Lovely dry stream project coming along beautifully.

Going back and forth in my mind. March goal activities have been a total bust, some excusable, others not. Part of me wants to just bag it, part of me says “Don’t wait ‘til next month, tomorrow is a fresh start.” Yesterday, average steps were 5110. Interim goal for the rest of the month is to better that every day. Today brought average up to 5192. Never give up!

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

No worries, my eldest sister with the 1800's house she's remodeling is the same. I might be a minimalist, but I am a great acclimatest! I am like a gecko and adapt!🙃😁👍 No judgements.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    Orange marmalade?

I live a 30 minute drive from the nearest town so extra drives are out. I’m thinking seriously about phone counseling. My insurance covers that. For now I do meditation, mindfulness, walks, and prayer to control my depression. Reading feel good books help too.

Thank you all for the suggestions and thoughts. I really appreciate them.

Video chat with son today. He. Had his competency hearing this week but can’t get any info on the outcome. I hope he can clue me in. Or at least accept he needs help.

Doing good with calories. That is something I can do for me!

Had trouble posting yesterday. I had to use the website rather than the app. I hope this works today.

Hugs, thank yous, thoughts, kudos, and prayers to all of you!

RvRita

Ps.. for fun can we all post our age to show the “young ones” you are never too old to regain your health?

66 years, lost 60 pounds at 62 put 20 back on, working to get that off.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,051 Member
    Options
    Tina I've been to the Panama Canal. It was fascinating. They have little trains that help maneuver the huge ships through the canal system. And a lake that serves as a parking lot for the ships. It's an amazing thing.

I didn't finish my exercise today. I needed a pee break, then the yoga video went into commercials and then the wrong video and I gave up and ate lunch. But the day isn't over yet!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    bisxlrmdkfy5.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,234 Member
    Options
    url=https://www.glitter-graphics.com]3689905q0ftt8pwkg.gif[/url]

With love to Barbie,

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Michele--Glad to hear you leg is already feeling better.

Allie--The new phone I just got a couple months ago is larger than the one I had. So is DH's, glad you are liking your new phone.

Lisa--Making your own bamboo travois sounds interesting. I would be interested in seeing a picture when done.

just turned 65, since 2012 I have lost just over 100 pounds, last couple years I have lost and gained the same 25-30 pounds and time to get serious and finish losing the 100 I want to get down to 150. Not giving up and that is the important things. Welcome new ladies we can do this.

Barbie--Cute card, Happy Birthday!

Doing my Happy it's Friday dance, it has been a long week and I am getting off at regular time today. No big plans for the weekend. Church on Sunday. At the race track here this Sunday they are having camel and ostriches races. Might see if some of the grandchildren want to go watch.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie!!!!💖💖💖👍💐💐
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Partial walk w/family- 1hr 54min 54sec, 53elev, 3.12ap, 99ahr, 123mhr, 6mi= 500c
    Strava app- 712c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 20.55min, 52elev, 86aw, 17.4amph, 130ahr, 159mhr, 6.05mi= 200c
    Strava app= 103c
    Zwift stats- 20.57min, 53elev, 86aw, 70arpm, 17.36amph, 6.06mi= 103c

Total cal 700
  • LisaInArkansas
    Options
    Vicki - I'm interested in seeing the end result too, and I'll take pics. :smiley:

I'll be 62 on my next birthday, and just two years ago I weighed 219 pounds. I weighed 172 pounds this morning, so 47 pounds lighter. A lot of the credit goes to this group. Eating right and exercising started to become my normal, as we're changing our lives.

Oh, and for those who think you can't lose weight after menopause, I had a full hysterectomy at 40 years old, as my periods were pushing me into a state of anemia... I took hormones for a year and then put them aside. Menopause is another of those things we tell ourselves that keep us from trying hard. I'm not saying it's not harder - metabolic rates do change over time... but we can acknowledge that and move on, I think, especially with the support of this group.

Today has definitely been a better day than the last two.

Hope all's well for us all over a lovely weekend.

Regards,
    Lisa
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Happy birthday Barbara!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    t3332.gif

Happy Birthday, Barbie!!!

Karen in Virginia
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I screwed up!

I meant happy birthday Barbie!

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Barbie- your birthday is the day before my son's( Jona will be 24 tomorrow)