KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Betsy I am so sorry.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Barbie a very happy belated birthday to you. Loved the card your DH gave you. Have to say thank you for always giving us a new month. Having this group is a lifeline, like a family but better because we all pick it.

Yesterday my Jack was mowing the lawn and suffered a massive heart attack. The paramedics couldn't revive him. I'm so lost and miss him so much. I feel like my mind is running with thousands of thoughts that aren't going anywhere. I'm so sad. Have four of our five kids showering me with love and Jack's numbers friends wanting to support me... but really right now need to just grieve and find myself. The kids all volunteered to come but I encouraged them not to right now. I think I just need time to be alone and gather myself.
    Betsy

I'm so sorry.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Oo
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Betsy))) — I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Thank you! @TerriRichardson112 🤗☘️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,378 Member
    Options
    Betsy - I am so terribly sorry to hear of Jack's death. We're with you, all of us, holding you up. We will be here any time you need.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Betsy - I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Betsy- my deepest condolences on the loss of your dear husband..Im sure your in complete shock.. we are all here for you .if you need to vent or need to cry,.it is a major event in your life ,but friends will always be there in your pocket.. much love.. Alison
  • Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Betsy @teklawa1 I too am so sorry this happened to you with no warning! No chance to say goodbye. Take comfort where you can find it!

Luanne
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Yesterday my Jack was mowing the lawn and suffered a massive heart attack. The paramedics couldn't revive him. I'm so lost and miss him so much. I feel like my mind is running with thousands of thoughts that aren't going anywhere. I'm so sad. Have four of our five kids showering me with love and Jack's numbers friends wanting to support me... but really right now need to just grieve and find myself. The kids all volunteered to come but I encouraged them not to right now. I think I just need time to be alone and gather myself.
    Betsy

OH Betsy... I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Sending love and prayers for comfort and peace. We are all here for you for whatever you need. I'm sure you're in shock and people will try to surround you. Take your time. These next few days will be a whirlwind and you'll be numb. Try to find the most trusted "someONE" to lean on. That's the best advice I can give.

Happy belated birthday Barbie. Sorry I missed it.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    My condolences Betsy, for the loss of your beloved Jack.😢🙏💐
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    BETSY ~ 🙏🏽 So sorry for your loss! I know you have gone through so much with your poor sister and now for this to happen to your beloved husband. So glad that you have children who share your loss. 🙏🏽

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Betsy I'm so sorry to hear of your sudden loss. Hope you can find some comfort while you grieve. Many hugs,

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    kj thank you! Your comments mean a lot!

RvRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    So so sorry for your loss Betsy. I have no other words. The same thing happened to my sister’s husband. So sudden.

RvRita
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Betsy- I am so sorry to hear of your Jack. Sending you peace, comfort, and strength. Give yourself time to just "be". We are all here for you, when you need us. Wrapping you in love and hugs from afar. <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Betsy - so very, very sorry to hear about Jack. Sending ((((huge hugs)))) <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Betsy-sorry for your loss. My husband passed rather suddenly (was in ICU for 10 days). I understand what you mean about needing to be alone and feel and process.

Tracey-prayers for cousin.

Rita-it sounds like you are doing many positive things for yourself. I hope you continue to connect with your son and he receives and accepts the assistance he needs.

Age, etc.-I'm currently 67 (68 in November). In 2006 i weighed about 225. I'm 5'6. Have slowly lost over the years. Lowest weight since joining MFP was 140 (a bit too lean). Was maintaining during Covid. Decided to quit smoking last June. Between that and holidays, weight went up. Currently 155, but it's coming off. Figure the extra weight better than the smoke. I walk abut 3 miles every day and do other exercise. Work full time. And oh-I had my thyroid removed in 1996. It is possible to lose the weight! (and keep most of it off).

Off to clear some paperwork. I will no doubt be humming "Shall we dance" all afternoon.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio