Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    Kk
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    It is raining this morning and makes me feel cozy in bed. Our daughter has a long time friend here. He is asleep on the couch down stairs.

I haven’t been able to get DH to look for a medical bracelet, but I have a jewelry store in mind. It is in a nearby town and is a logical starting point.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    katla - I got my mom one through the insurance company that does her submental insurance. they had a spot on the web were you could pick out one, all basic, nice but not fancy. And the insurance covered most of the cost - I think I paid a couple of dollars for shipping. Her cardiologist would not put in her pacemaker until we had one or had one on order. It is so critical for EMT to know. And none of us is 100% of the time with a loved one who could tell an EMT. (EMT =Emergency Medical Tech, often the folks on an ambulance)

smiles Kim in N. Calif
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

I haven’t been able to get DH to look for a medical bracelet, but I have a jewelry store in mind. It is in a nearby town and is a logical starting point.

Amazon has a bunch of them.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,369 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Tracey--My heart hurts for your daughter and family. So young and unexpected. Sending prayers.

Katla--Glad for the good news about DH and relief for you. Glad your DD is there and plans to be there for awhile to help with appointments and whatever you need.

Lisa--Sorry to hear about the problems your DD is having. I pray that she has a good lawyer and that SOB has to pay what is rightly hers and the children. Can the service step in and do something? I thought they were pretty strict about these kinds of things and family.

Teri--I have found on most cell phones even if locked the ICE shows on the bottom and can be called. When we have a lost phone turned in at the hospital that is the first thing I look for and call.

Allie--Change is never easy and the older I get memories mean more. But one way to look at the work at the cottage is that it is getting used and not left to fall apart and rot. My grand parents house is fall down around it's self and I have one uncle left and he will not let anyone do anything to save it. Makes me so sad and mad at the same time.

Calling for rain later today and I sure hope so it is so dry. Was a nice weekend and even went out on the motorcycle yesterday for a nice ride. Going to be a long week as I have someone on vacation so means overtime to cover.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    Options
    Hi Janene!
    Just jump in. The more you contribute the more response you will have. It can be a bit baffling at first. Just persevere. This can be a great resource. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    Options
    For those of us with female friends. <3
    sbbq8ctyjitj.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    nanaculter ~ Love the pics of you and your grands. Great looking throws that I am sure you made. Reading on a river front porch seems enchanting.

Please give us a name you would like to be called and a general location!

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,387 Member
    Options
    Katla – I’ll be thinking of you Wednesday.

Barbara – here’s the recipe for the wine cookies. You really can’t taste the wine.

Makes 18 large cookies

2 sticks butter
    2 cups dry red wine
    1/3 cup plus 2T sugar
    3-1/4 cups AP flour
    ½ cup cocoa powder
    1t baking powder
    1t baking soda
    1t salt
    1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
    2 large eggs
    2t vanilla
    8oz semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped

In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Continue cooking, stirring often, until butter foams and then darkens slightly in color and becomes fragrant, 4-6 minutes. Immediately pour the butter into a large heatproof bowl. Do not wash the pan (Honestly, I didn’t see why this step was necessary)

In the saucepan used for the butter, add the red wine and 2T sugar and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/3 cup, approx. 16-18 minutes. Pour the reduced wine into the bowl with the butter and let the mixture cool for 15 minutes

Meanwhile, whisk the flour, cocoa power, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Preheat oven to 350.

Whisk the brown sugar and remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar into the butter-wine mixture and then whisk in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture with a spatula until a soft dough forms, then stir in the chopped chocolate

Use your hands to roll the dough into ¼ cup sized balls and drop onto the prepared baking sheets at least 3” apart (They didn’t spread for me).

Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are lightly cracked.

Annie DE – what a way to wake up!!! Isn’t it a pain? I’ve stepped in cat hairballs+

janene – welcome! We’re ALWAYS open for new members. Where in NC are you? We’re at the foothills of the mountains, Newton

nanacutler – welcome! Lovely family

Well, I have an appt with a nurse practitioner Wednesday about the pain on the side of my leg. Would not surprise me one bit if this pain is due to sciatic. Feels like when I had it before, only not as bad. No matter what I do, in what position I get into, I cannot get comfortable. It’s not hot, not swollen, just pain. It isn’t joint pain so I’m thinking inflammation in a muscle. There is no way I would be able to walk around the block, and now that it’s getting nicer outside, I will want to walk

Worked today, then bowling, ceramics tonight

Michele NC
  • Janene5
    Janene5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you Michelle. I live in the Bryson City area just a couple miles outside of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I know Newton :)