B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We’re getting along. DH’s doctors have set an appointment for Wednesday. I hope it turns out well. 🍀🍀🍀🍀
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    Options
    Another fabulous, spring day. Another morning for a run. I am so grateful to be able to do this.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, in person church, council meeting, CI<CO.
    Bonus: veg prep, 10 mins filing/decluttering. Just one thing: prepped pyramid of cats print for donation
    Workin’ on it: 141.1, H20x5, active 2:18
    Mindful March
    21: Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.

Cautiously returned to in-person person church today. Of the ~40 people present, two of us were masked. Headed off hugs by extending hand for shaking. Sat socially distanced during services, and next to known-to-be-vaccinated gal at council meeting. Doc had advised me that keeping mask on indoors minimizes the risk of bringing anything home. While not impossible, the risk has to be weighed against the benefit of social interaction and activity needed to improve parasympathetic response. Since knee is still wonky, social interaction is what I can do. Tried marching in place while watching Jeopardy. Knee had been fine all day, but it said “No!” to marching, even on perfectly smooth and flat floor. :grump:
    The bright spot is that the framed Cat Pyramid poster that’s been on the floor in the office for the past 4 years (!) will be donated tomorrow to South Coast Humane for the silent auction at their first annual “Fur Ball.” Bought it in Berkley (probably at Cody’s) in the early ‘70’s and have carried it around ever since. Any $$ it brings in would be a blessing. Stories about the artist and several people’s memories of the print:
    Julie sorry to hear of the C-19 contact.
    Machka your sweat and muscle aches will be beautifully repaid. Hope your landlords appreciate the value you and your DH add to their property.
    Lisa Joe has really stepped up, even walking the dogs to the mailbox again today. He told me about a younger friend who’d recently died, at least in part due to morbid obesity and over indulgence in alcohol. Seems to have switched on a light bulb in his head. I also wonder if perhaps by me not being “able”, not jumping in to do things right away, that gave his protective mode time to kick into gear. Cannot imagine living with knee pain your entire life, especially as active as you have been. You are made of stern stuff, gal! I wouldn’t mess with your cubs… ;)
    Katla ((hugs)) prayers for Wednesday’s appointment.
    Pip con VERY gratulations on 10 years of daily logging. Inspiring!
    Debbie ((hugs))
    Michele “wine cookies”? Would you share the recipe?
    Allie can understand how it hurts to see your things/memories discarded or relegated to the attic. Who decides when its time to insulate? “fleas of a thousand camels…” :laugh:

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,137 Member
    Options
    Julie:Hope your test is negative and you have avoided the glitter.
    Barbara: Commiserations on the knee. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻for Joe stepping up.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie — I am curious about the bracelets you have mentioned. DH used to wear one but my search didn’t find it. I think we’ll put it on the todo list, and look for a new one asap.

US and Canada Medic Alert sites ... have a browse. :)

https://blog.medicalert.org/
    https://www.medicalert.org.au/

I have the keyring:

zfzi1crg5nks.png

And I have one something like this:

xqbpv4qc491i.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    mom and dad both had pendents that they wore and they had a unit in the home-in case of emergency, all they needed to do was to push the button on the home unit or on their pendent. Immediately someone is on the speaker asking if they need help.
    Mom accidentally pushed her a few weeks ago while outside. She didn't realize it. She didn't hear them ask if she needed help- they tried calling her home and cell phone- she was outside so didn't hear them so they called me- I am over an hour away so I called her neighbor and she went right over there. By the time Joanne got there, mom had found out she had pushed it. They called me back to let me know mom was fine. Very nice people each time they have called me. They had called me both times dad needed it , as I am the first one on the list.
    It is great now beings mom is there by herself most of the time(until Joanne moves in)
    My mum had one of those pendants, but kept pressing it accidentally and I kept being phoned. She soon got fed up with it and never wore it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

My husband has a pendant ... and it is complicated. They've put in extra measures so that someone cannot activate it accidentally ... or remember how to operate it on purpose.

I can't remember how to operate it! I'm not sure how they expect someone who is "coming to" after a massive seizure to have any idea what to do.

I haven't been impressed with it.

I will eventually have to find something different.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    My daughter's ongoing saga:
    Talked to my soldier daughter yesterday over text. She was seriously PO'd at another move her soon-to-be-ex-husband made. He convinced her just after they married that they should add all the deposited money to his retirement funding so they could get it to grow faster. The military now offers what is basically an IRA for soldiers, to deposit their own money to supplement their military retirement. They've been married for eight years, and the current balance is about $150,000. Of course, because of that, she was putting no money into her own account, so hers stands at zero.

The lawyer's process server will be handing him the divorce papers when he gets off the plane on his return (he's still in Poland but slated to come back in May--and has refused to sign divorce papers or even separation papers until he returns to the US). I told her to make sure they contained the fact that she deserves half of that IRA. He's also making $1500 a month more than she does, since he's deployed, and has helped out with childcare only once. Childcare and after-school care cost her $400 a week.

She also found out (don't know how, and am not asking) that from the beginning of their marriage, his life insurance through the military has named his mother as the sole beneficiary, not his wife or kids. All this is just creeping out of the woodwork now. Basically, he has feathered his own nest for this entire time--and left her in a bind, owing payments on a truck that cost more than my house. He did nothing and continues to do nothing that would be of benefit to his wife and kids.

His wife and kids, of course, are my daughter and grandchildren, and my anger at his treatment of her and his children continues to grow. I've woken up from dreams where I tore him apart verbally.

Who knew I was a maternal mama tiger? I certainly didn't.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I hope your daughter has a good lawyer and can settle things properly. :heart:

It it also a good reminder that we should all have access to our own finances in case something happens.

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Got up for a drink of water and stepped in dog barf. My sister left her fiber cookies in her suitcase on the floor, and Teddy got one. You would think she would know better, she has a dog. You just can't leave food on the floor.

So it's before six, and I'm up. My sympathies for those of you who deal with this morning wakefulness.

Annie in Delaware

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Lisa- I am so sorry your daughter is going through this ..im hoping she can get an awesome lawyer and get this weasel out of her life.
    Who I feel so bad for is the kids..thank goodness they have wonderful grandparents even though your farther away than you would like to be.. I will keep Kelly and the kids in my prayers xoxox
    Remind me not to have a Diet Pepsi after 3 pm ..ugh I didn't sleep well at all..oh well... Stayed home all weekend other than friday night ..
    Im hoping I can talk Tracy into letting me take off the mask now that Miles has had his first set of shots..
  • Machka9
    Options
    Barbara - Thank you for posting the articles about your poster. Wonderful! I don’t think I would be giving it away, even for charity. :* The artist sounds fascinating. <3 Woman power!

Machka - Your posting about your grandmother and your childhood makes sense now about all your work in someone else's garden. I can see how therapeutic it is for you and how much you value the work for its own sake and the deep memories. Personally, I would resent every minute I spent improving someone else's property! >:):pensive:

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I don't know if I'm improving the property.

I'm just having fun with it. I live here so I'm experimenting with it and making it how I want it. :) I have been pleasantly surprised by the memories of my grandmother (and great grandmother too) which have come flooding back. I didn't expect that, but I do welcome it.

A few other nice things about it for us ...

1) The changes we're making are not expensive.
    2) Safer for my husband - the paths are much less slippery than they were. He had a few falls before we gravelled the area and I've skidded and come close to falling.
    3) A project we could work on together. It just feels right - both of us out in the garden.
    4) Therapeutic for both of us. It gives my husband a sense of accomplishment and I'm finding there's something really relaxing about digging in dirt.
    5) I'm enjoying summer more this year than I have enjoyed summer in a while.
    6) Less maintenance - no more mowing difficult sections of the yard.
    7) Easier to access our clothes line and no more dropping clothes on wet and sometimes muddy grass.
    8) Plus we're growing fruit and veggies in places around the yard so we don't have to purchase them and there's something really delicious about fresh fruit and veggies. The snowpeas are almost ready ... yummo! And if all goes well, I'll make an apple crumble with apples from our trees tomorrow. :)

M in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    :)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    :D
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    I did 63 mins of yoga and 8 mins of elliptical and 6 mins of marching! Yay!

Today it was three yoga videos, and I can feel it in my back. I'm not so good at that tighten your belly part. I think it's just a little tired, not injured.

My sister is cleaning out closets. It's great to have that done.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    Options
    This is the itinerary of the Iceland cruise in June. :D I was paying the balance just now, so was looking at the trip.

5a34ajts3zsn.jpg

Next door are having their wisteria and other trees and bushes trimmed back. Horrible racket! The shredder is going full pelt outside in the road. The wisteria comes over our fence and looks stunning in May, so I was sad to see it cut back, but she needed it done so she can get fences mended etc. Boo!

I will now row for a bit while the cleaner is here. I will listening to an 'improving' video. :p Turned up loud!

The smaller frying pan arrived today. My old lid nearly fits. It'll do. I'm also trialling a much cheaper concealer than my usual one. Reviews are good, so we shall see. I resent paying silly money for swanky brands. Sometimes though, it really is worth it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx